Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you want to see in the dress rehearsal game?

RockThatBlue

What do you want to see? The starters will play into the 3rd quarter.

I want to see the run game look better

The o line continue to give Luck nice clean pockets

If Cromartie plays, hopefully he plays well

TJ Green to keep looking solid

TY McGill and Kerr to keep being beasts on the d line

Feel free to add what you all want to see.

Would like to see a little more life out of the running game, but I don't really expect that to happen until Gore is back there on a consistent basis.  I'm hoping we can give Trey Williams a little more carries.  Would like continued good blocking on both sides of the ball and a touchdown or two scored.

Don't care what happens on defense as long as we escape injury free!

I've jumped on the TJ hype train. While I think he has the potential to be a cornerstone for the Colts defense, I still think he needs to continue to learn and get as many reps as possible. So far so good, but still lots of work to do.

Also

-The Oline to continue to look the way they did against Baltimore

-Andrew to continue to get in sync with his receivers

-Clean up the penalties

-Someone at CB to step up

2 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I would like to see them at least attempt to use Ferguson more in the pass game. Hes not made to run between the tackles, yet that's what we've seen from him. Would love to see this ability that all the coaches were talking up from camp. 

He needs to learn to block and pick up blitzes.  He's small that is going to be a challenge for him.  Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him on PS  to start season 

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

He needs to learn to block and pick up blitzes.  He's small that is going to be a challenge for him.  Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him on PS  to start season 

He absolutely has protection issues. But that's something every rookie has problems with for the most part. I don't expect him to be anything more than a #3 RB this year, I'd just like to see whatever it is that the coaches keep talking about. If he shows that potential in Games I wouldn't mind seeing a few plays designed to get him in space during the season. 

Like to see no injuries of course.  Would like to see us run one for 10+ yards.  Would like to see Ferguson take a swing pass and run for 30.  Would like to see TJ get an INT.  Would like to see Cromartie at least not be a liability (if he plays).  Also if Luck could throw for a TD that would be OK too.  Oh, and McAfee continuing to look like he needs drug tested.

15 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

What do you want to see? The starters will play into the 3rd quarter.

I want to see the run game look better

The o line continue to give Luck nice clean pockets

If Cromartie plays, hopefully he plays well

TJ Green to keep looking solid

TY McGill and Kerr to keep being beasts on the d line

Feel free to add what you all want to see.

Geathers might lose his job if he miss to much time 

I guess I'm different.  

I want to see what Chud's offense looks like with a little game planning.  Mainly can he design plays and call them at the correct time that has a WR open by a good couple of yards.  Will he be predictable on not only run/pass but the direction of the run or primary target on the pass.

Same on the D side. What is is situational play calling like, especially on 3rd down, where are the holes in the D, are the holes because of Xs and Os or Jimmys and Joes?  I don't expect him to call a lot of blitzes but I expect to see some, so I want to see if I can tell it's going to be a blitz before the snap and if he calls the correct blitz.

One thing I have been very impressed with is special teams play.  Not AV and Boom but the coverage/blocking units have been outstanding.  I want to see if that continues.

I want to see if Luck converts back to bad habits when under pressure.  Mainly double clutching, I only saw it once in the game last week and it was when the pocket starter to break down on him.

I want to see if Reitz can bounce back.. he played poorly against the Ravens, I want to see how he responds.

Obviously I want to see if the Colts can generate any type of pass rush/pressure o the QB.

Good O-line play. That's the theme for the year imo. If we can open up running lanes and give Luck time to throw, our offense will be good.

Defensively things will be tough. Our two best defenders imo (Anderson and Davis) will be out for the begging of the season.