Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now I Crinch Watching Luck After The Injury

King Colt

That's why we overhauled the o-line almost exclusively during the draft, and I imagine the coaches taught Luck how to properly slide. Keep in mind that hit he took in Denver didn't have to happen -- if that was Peyton, he would have known to take a seat and live to fight on another play, but hearing from Luck's teammates, that's just not the way Luck is.

10 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

That's why we overhauled the o-line almost exclusively during the draft, and I imagine the coaches taught Luck how to properly slide. Keep in mind that hit he took in Denver didn't have to happen -- if that was Peyton, he would have known to take a seat and live to fight on another play, but hearing from Luck's teammates, that's just not the way Luck is.

Can we stop with the "if that was Peyton" crap?   Not trying to an *, but it's getting really old.

53 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Can we stop with the "if that was Peyton" crap?   Not trying to an ahole, but it's getting really old.

I'm just saying for Peyton there's a reason he held his long consecutive played game record for as long as he did. He knew how to avoid taking hits with quick releases and knowing when to go down -- two characteristics Luck needs to emphasis this season. I suppose if it's the playoffs, he can take those risks, but in regular season, I want to see him go down more.

I find it funny how people,  imcluding myself,  viewed him as indestructible.  1 hit and the perception has changed.  Granted,  it took a damaged internal organ to keep him out,  but I do see a lot of people now worrying about his durability and availability.  

I felt that feeling every time he threw the ball last year. Just a momentary "oh god" in my head until I saw it get caught or fall incomplete.

After he got dinged up a little I did that out loud when he was running his butt off against Denver and got really hurt.

He's resilient but no one is indestructible.

34 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

I find it funny how people,  imcluding myself,  viewed him as indestructible.  1 hit and the perception has changed.  Granted,  it took a damaged internal organ to keep him out,  but I do see a lot of people now worrying about his durability and availability.  

It's because our fanbase has been spoiled, meaning Manning went 13 straight seasons without missing a game, Luck went 3 seasons in a row looking invincible. I think Luck stays healthy now, if he gets injured it will be something fluky IMO.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys are having too much fun with this but I think it's funny. When I think of the word crinch it makes me cringe haha because crinch reminds me of a QB getting crunched.

I think we will be OK with the first team.  But I am with the OP....It now makes me cringe!!!  I also think he will revert back to instinct sometimes and not slide...just thinking out loud.

5 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I think we will be OK with the first team.  But I am with the OP....It now makes me cringe!!!  I also think he will revert back to instinct sometimes and not slide...just thinking out loud.

Yeah you may be right. Luck has played aggressive his whole career and if an opening is there to run he will take off IMO, lets hope he slides when it happens.

6 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Im with you if needs the extra yard you know hes going for it . Was impressed with his accuracy on throws and pass protection looked much better overall.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you may be right. Luck has played aggressive his whole career and if an opening is there to run he will take off IMO, lets hope he slides when it happens.

If I was him, I would still run over a corner back. :)  

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Im with you if needs the extra yard you know hes going for it . Was impressed with his accuracy on throws and pass protection looked much better overall.

Other than one play, I thought Denzelle Good was blowing people off of the line.

9 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Luck not getting down when he takes off running has been greatly exaggerated.

18 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I agree Blood.  You need to pick your spots!!!

I thought a bigger problem was his running around behind the LOS unwilling to give up on a play and taking a hit or throwing a dangerous pass.  Reminded me of Big Ben.  But I think that can rectified with a stong hand(s) and good coaching.

Same here, omg. I hate it since I literally get so worried when he runs.

It might pass though.  Or it might not and I eat a lot of antacids this year.

I remember in 2008 I felt this way when Peyton had that odd......bursa sac thing? And he missed preseason and camp and then the awesome news that Jeff Saturday then got hurt came out and we had this weird center rotation thingie in front of Manning with his bad knee. We lost week 1 to the Bears I think and in week 2 we had to like sell our souls to win that game vs. the Vikings.

I just about went ballistic.

Luckily Luck is younger then Peyton was at that time and should heal better and the position at center should be A LOT better at center then it was in early 2008.

19 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Luck is fine, it's an injury people typically get from a mere car crash, gunshots or stab wounds.

So Luck like just came back from a major gang fight and is healed up by the best doctors and ready to go?

lmao 

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

So Luck like just came back from a major gang fight and is healed up by the best doctors and ready to go?

lmao 

haha It's a good theory, perhaps all the stuff about him getting injured in the Denver game was just a cover up for his gang activities????

Just now, Malakai432 said:

haha It's a good theory, perhaps all the stuff about him getting injured in the Denver game was just a cover up for his gang activities????

I always felt something was up. I mean if you just look at Luck and have seen him for years, you can tell he is part of some pretty shady off the field activities. 

luck-cleaver.jpg

Just now, Jules said:

I always felt something was up. I mean if you just look at Luck and have seen him for years, you can tell he is part of some pretty shady off the field activities. 

luck-cleaver.jpg

haha!!  Yeah you definitely picked the most super hardcore picture of him possible.  It's pretty clear he's up to no good!

3 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Luck is fine, it's an injury people typically get from a mere car crash, gunshots or stab wounds.

It's mere peanuts to him, he would played through it if they would've let him................

Actually he DID if you remember.  He led them on a game-winning TD drive AFTER that injury occurred.  He's one tough SOB.  But I don't like seeing him takes the hits he's been taking.  They add up.  Hopefully he's learned that now.

15 hours ago, Jules said:

luck-cleaver.jpg

I had to log in to like this! Hard to believe this is the same guy that takes shots from JJ Watt and Terrell Suggs and pats them on the butt and tells them nice shot! Also I fully understand why he grows the beard too! lol