Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now I Crinch Watching Luck After The Injury

King Colt

13 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Actually he DID if you remember.  He led them on a game-winning TD drive AFTER that injury occurred.  He's one tough SOB.  But I don't like seeing him takes the hits he's been taking.  They add up.  Hopefully he's learned that now.

Indeed. Sometimes its a good thing to get hurt. Luck has always been tough but he also has been almost as big if not bigger than everyone he plays against. Help him realize he can't hold on to the ball and take hits all day and not have a consequence. Also he sees how important he is to the team. We can't afford to lose him...and finally I think sitting back and watching things that Matt did last year I'm sure he learned a lot as well. There were times when the offense actually played better under Matt than Andrew and he had to take some things away from what Matt was doing. I think he is ready to have a prolific 2016....the line looks better..he has great weapons on the outside. Its on him to take the next step.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Indeed. Sometimes its a good thing to get hurt. Luck has always been tough but he also has been almost as big if not bigger than everyone he plays against. Help him realize he can't hold on to the ball and take hits all day and not have a consequence. Also he sees how important he is to the team. We can't afford to lose him...and finally I think sitting back and watching things that Matt did last year I'm sure he learned a lot as well. There were times when the offense actually played better under Matt than Andrew and he had to take some things away from what Matt was doing. I think he is ready to have a prolific 2016....the line looks better..he has great weapons on the outside. Its on him to take the next step.

I'm it sure he learned much from watching Matt take a beating.

On 8/21/2016 at 11:05 PM, ReMeDy said:

That's why we overhauled the o-line almost exclusively during the draft, and I imagine the coaches taught Luck how to properly slide. Keep in mind that hit he took in Denver didn't have to happen -- if that was Peyton, he would have known to take a seat and live to fight on another play, but hearing from Luck's teammates, that's just not the way Luck is.

He's got like a linebackers mentality.

On 8/23/2016 at 1:03 PM, dgambill said:

I think Luck will have a hugh year.