Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson close to being cleared

RockThatBlue

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

Please.Do.Not.Rush.Him.Back.

I'd rather him give us 8 fully healthy games than 16 or less games not fully healthy with a higher chance of reinjury.

Especially if those 8 games are at the end of the season.  With the last one taking place in February.

49 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I don't know why people think doctors are going to rush him back.  They won't.

It's not impossible to come back from an ACL tear early. Idk why people are freaking out. Morrison came back from his injury in college in like 4 months.

9 hours ago, tikyle said:

Please.Do.Not.Rush.Him.Back.

I'd rather him give us 8 fully healthy games than 16 or less games not fully healthy with a higher chance of reinjury.

Don't worry, our doctors and trainers won't let him go back on the field a minute too soon, our medical staff is as professional and top-notch as the field maintenance in Canton.  :hairout:  (J/K)

Question: Hypothetically if he's cleared in 3 weeks, how long before he's back on the field? I'm sure he's been working out some, but would there be a carryover to get back into "football shape"?

I've never really followed injuries and their recovery process

8 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Question: Hypothetically if he's cleared in 3 weeks, how long before he's back on the field? I'm sure he's been working out some, but would there be a carryover to get back into "football shape"?

Even with our depleted D-Line crew, we have to assume he'll be on a short pitch count.   You're right, even though he's in shape, he's not in football shape yet.

Ease him in coach!

IDK.  I don't see anywhere that says he's 'close to being cleared"..I see closer, but not 'close'.  They day of surgery is closer to being cleared than the day of the injury.

I honestly don't see him playing week 1.  Even being cleared, he has to go through individual workouts,..then 1 on 1's,..then practices, ect.  That's weeks in and of itself.

When he's back, he's back.  And when he does get back, Everyone will be here cheering him on the next time he plays. :)

On 8/10/2016 at 7:55 AM, IndyD4U said:

If it is true that they have nearly no real practices (with pads) I am not sure how he gets game ready beyond riding an exercise bike while reading a playbook and watching film...it is no wonder linemen suck around the league they don't learn to live block anymore....

21 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Hopefully we can have Jones, Anderson and Langford all on the field together at some point.. Hoping Ridgeway turns out to be a beast for us down the stretch.

Has there been any word on Ridgeway?  I follow most of the Colts writers tweets and I honestly don't recall a single mention of the guy.  So I'm off with the rose colored glasses that was hoping the reports would say he is a beast in camp and bowling everyone over, but I also hope he isn't turning into just another body.

On 8/10/2016 at 2:25 AM, Lawrence Owen said:

IDK.  I don't see anywhere that says he's 'close to being cleared"..I see closer, but not 'close'.  They day of surgery is closer to being cleared than the day of the injury.

I honestly don't see him playing week 1.  Even being cleared, he has to go through individual workouts,..then 1 on 1's,..then practices, ect.  That's weeks in and of itself.

When he's back, he's back.  And when he does get back, Everyone will be here cheering him on the next time he plays. :)

I had the same thought.  Unless he suffers a relapse, he's technically "closer" every passing day.