Training Camp Day 4

IndyD4U

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Ron Thompson stepping up. It’s been only four days and only one of them has been in full pads, so it’s important to note that we haven’t really been able to get a great picture of the pass rush situation yet. But Ron Thompson has quietly had a very nice camp, as he impressed on Friday and then had another nice rush today in the pass rush drill. For a team as desperate for young pass rushers as the Colts are, Thompson is a guy to watch when the preseason rolls around.

From Joshs article

1 hour ago, Everyone said:

I'll be out of town tomorrow so I won't be able to share camp twitter info.  Sorry

That is totally unacceptable.

jk,. Great job with the updates.

57 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Someone got a good shot of the back of my head... lol. That's me sitting in front of the cameraman.

I sat about 3 rows behind you with my wife and her parents. I think there were a few other members sitting next to me calling each other by their colts message board screen names. lol. I kept hearing Bogie.

My thoughts from today.... super hot, but worth it. Tons of people in attendance today, wow 4300 people.

Seeing Jack Doyel and Dwayne Allen out there together, Allen looks smaller than Doyel. He lost a bit of weight but looks to be a lot faster than before.

Tolzein looks to be a promising back up QB. Hope we never see him on the field.

Luck holding onto the ball too long again. Maybe it was just me seeing this? He played very well in red zone situations today. Awesome TD's to Moncrief and TY Hilton.

Robert Mathis still looks so fast out there. That dude never slows down.

Austin Blythe was at center a lot today. He did very well with Kelly out.

Right Guard is still a mystery, hopefully someone steps up and can do well come game time.

Djoun Smith put a hit on someone towards the end... whoops.

7 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I sat about 3 rows behind you with my wife and her parents. I think there were a few other members sitting next to me calling each other by their colts message board screen names. lol. I kept hearing Bogie.

My thoughts from today.... super hot, but worth it. Tons of people in attendance today, wow 4300 people.

Seeing Jack Doyel and Dwayne Allen out there together, Allen looks smaller than Doyel. He lost a bit of weight but looks to be a lot faster than before.

Luck holding onto the ball too long again. Maybe it was just me seeing this? He played very well in red zone situations today. Awesome TD's to Moncrief and TY Hilton.

Right Guard is still a mystery, hopefully someone steps up and can do well come game time.

Someone else mentioned Luck holding the ball too long.  Could be red shirt syndrome but that will end next Sunday.  The coaches should have him timed, hold too long it's incomplete.

4 hours ago, Everyone said:

I am wishing we'd drafted that safety that Atlanta got just before us in the first round along with Green and perhaps picked up the Notre Dame center later... we're so empty at Safety right now... a major injury to Adams and we are HOSED!  Nothing at all against Kelly, he's off to a solid start, but man, safety is a big big problem right now even if all 3 main guys are healthy let alone if one or more are down.  

2 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:

Someone got a good shot of the back of my head... lol. That's me sitting in front of the cameraman.

58 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I took the picture. I was the guy in the Tilley hat right behind you and @pgt_rob had to have been right behind me a row or two 

17 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Interested to see how D'Joun Smith rebounds this year. Colts seemed pretty high on him last year when we drafted him.

I think it's a good sign we are not getting constant reports of him getting burnt. Started off camp good with some pass break ups and then it's been kind of quiet from there.  I saw one report that said he laid a nice hit on somebody today, but nothing else in terms of play making have I heard beyond what he did on the first day. I think we'll end up solid with Smith and Mitchel.  Not sure if they are keeping Butler or not, but if they do that could be a good trio added to Robinson and Davis.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think it's a good sign we are not getting constant reports of him getting burnt. Started off camp good with some pass break ups and then it's been kind of quiet from there.  I saw one report that said he laid a nice hit on somebody today, but nothing else in terms of play making have I heard beyond what he did on the first day. I think we'll end up solid with Smith and Mitchel.  Not sure if they are keeping Butler or not, but if they do that could be a good trio added to Robinson and Davis.

I rather not hear anything then news he's getting burned again. Sometimes no news is good news

2 hours ago, Everyone said:

It's amazing to me in some areas how vastly the opinions of Wilson from Stampedeblue differs from Stephen Holder/IndyStar Reports and Colts.com guys like Bowen.   Wilson is consistently of the opinion that Irving is favored over Moore.  The Colts.com and Indystar guys say exactly the opposite.  They seem to consistently give the impression that Moore is likely to start over Irving.  Who's right I have no clue!

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I rather not hear anything then news he's getting burned again. Sometimes no news is good news

This is especially true with Corners. If you pretty much heard nothing from the Corner, it probably means he was shadowing the receiver pretty good.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

It's amazing to me in some areas how vastly the opinions of Wilson from Stampedeblue differs from Stephen Holder/IndyStar Reports and Colts.com guys like Bowen.   Wilson is consistently of the opinion that Irving is favored over Moore.  The Colts.com and Indystar guys say exactly the opposite.  They seem to consistently give the impression that Moore is likely to start over Irving.  Who's right I have no clue!

I think Josh Wilson is a sweet kid who is hard working and tries his best,  but is roughly 24 years old and still has a lot to learn......    I give him props for working as hard as he does......

That said......

I'd lean much more to Holder and Bowen than Wilson.      Almost always.

Because he works for the team,  Bowen is going to play things as much as he can right down the middle.   But he'll still be candid and say things like the rookie OT Clark needs a full year of NFL coaching before he's going to start.     But I'd say that's not revealing company secrets.....    more like stating the obvious.

Holder is going to give his best evaluation and report as much insider knowledge as he can.....

Went yesterday with a couple of buddies and here were some of my observations:

-Luck looked alright for a good part of practice. Had a few plays in a row where he fired TD passes in the red zone. However, as some others have noted, there were more than a couple of play's where he had held the ball way too long. That has to change.

-Ryan Kelly got hurt but it didn't appear to be too serious but during the time he practiced, he looked good.

-The defensive line got through on more than a few occasions for would-be sacks. One time Luck rolled out to his right and Langford caught up with him. Had that been in a real game, Luck might've gotten flattened there.

-Hilton and Moncrief looked as advertised. Expecting a big year for both of them.

-Adam V still has the range to knock in FG's from 50+ yards as he knocked in a few during practice. The guy doesn't age.

17 hours ago, Ja'Crispy said:

Luck went in to block Walden on a reverse. Luck flinched. Walden is mocking him. 

Glad Luck didn't make that block.  

Don't want him getting himself hurt trying to throw a block on a linebacker in freaking training camp.  

That would be a dumb freaking way to lose your QB.