Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL: 'No credible evidence' Peyton Manning used HGH

bababooey

Per Rapsheet

.@NFL announces it found “no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or others prohibited by league’s PED policy

not surprising but when you fully cooperate after proclaiming innocence you tend to get cleared

A seven-month NFL investigation "found no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or other substances prohibited by the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances," the league announced on Monday morning

Manning family was "fully cooperative" and provided access to all requested records amid an investigation that involved "witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, online research, and laboratory analysis and review."

investigation into other players accused by al jazerra still ongoin

Read for all deratils

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676486/article/nfl-no-credible-evidence-peyton-manning-used-hgh 

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Per Rapsheet

.@NFL announces it found “no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or others prohibited by league’s PED policy

not surprising but when you fully cooperate after proclaiming innocence you tend to get cleared

Peyton was smart enough not to destroy his cell phone.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Per Rapsheet

Patriots fans still call him ManninHGH on other chat sites LOL. What a double whammy for that fanbase, Tommy found guilty of cheating by the league and Manning cleared haha. Manning is having a hell of a year! So am I.

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So was this a joke or a sarcastic remark? If Peyton had nothing to hide there would be no reason to destroy his cell phone would there?

Come on man.    Stop trying to start an argument with every post 

1 hour ago, bayone said:

A seven-month NFL investigation "found no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or other substances prohibited by the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances," the league announced on Monday morning

Manning family was "fully cooperative" and provided access to all requested records amid an investigation that involved "witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, online research, and laboratory analysis and review."

Read for all deratils

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676486/article/nfl-no-credible-evidence-peyton-manning-used-hgh 

Peyton simply had nothing to hide and cooperated from Day 1. One of the smartest individuals I have ever seen when it comes to how to handle the media.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots fans still call him ManninHGH on other chat sites LOL. What a double whammy for that fanbase, Tommy found guilty of cheating by the league and Manning cleared haha. Manning is having a hell of a year! So am I.

That fan Mazz22  base is losing their collective minds over this. Outstanding.

34 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

No one was trying to start any argument. Why are you answering for another member if an argument was not your intention? You are the one who is intentionally trying to start something with me by even going there. Heed your own question.

Good for Peyton!!!

No news is good news when it comes to hearing back from customers that I have done work for in my IT field once the work is done and things are up and running on their side. It mostly means things are working like they should.

Same thing here moving forward - no news is good news for Peyton's side. :)

45 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

If you are following my every post why are you stalking me? And besides I have no problems with debating with a lot of members in this forum so why do you have a problem? If it's personal I would suggest you use the convenient ignore button.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They always have some special name for everything. Meanwhile, on the Colts board we call people by their real names. #Classy. :)

11 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

They always have some special name for everything. Meanwhile, on the Colts board we call people by their real names. #Classy. :)

Yes they do. I think Karma is finally striking down that franchise for SpyGate and DeflateGate. Peyton and the Broncos beat Tom and the Patriots in the Title Game to put Peyton 3-1 against Tom in Title games and Peyton goes on to win the SB. Tom gets found guilty by the league for his participation in DeflateGate/not cooperating with an investigation and has to served a 4 game suspension. Peyton after a 7 month investigation is cleared of never taking HGH/PED's by the league. Peyton legacy intact, Tom not so much.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I never had a doubt.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I never had a doubt.

I didn't either. Pats fans are so hurt by this. Now all they have is 9 and 1 done's but if they want to Post that kind of stuff I can say 1-5 vs the Manning's in Title Games/SB's. Tom lost to freakin Eli Manning twice when he was a huge favorite in the SB, one costing them an undefeated season = the biggest choke in NFL History. I would rather have 9 and 1 dones on my resume than losing 2 SB's to a team they should've destroyed twice. Peyton still has won 2 SB's and is 14-13 in the Playoffs so who cares about 9 and 1 dones. Nobody even cares about those unless one is a Patriots fan. Everyone remembers when you lose a SB being heavily favored though haha. I know I am having too much fun with this.

Bottomline is, if you are 14-13 in the Playoffs = over .500 against top competition and 1 of only 11 other QB's to start and win 2 SB's in the history of the NFL, you are not a choker. Any player would take that career + Peyton has won 5 League MVP's and a SB MVP! For example, If I played 20 years in the league and had 18 and 1 and dones but 2 SB wins I would take that and run with it. Especially if I had 1 SB MVP and 5 League MVP's to go with it. Winning 2 SB's as a starter gets Peyton out of any of choke convo. I could care less that he played like Dog poo against the Panthers, he did enough not to hurt his team so that is all that counts. Tom didn't play all that well vs the Rams in 2001 and Ben was lousy vs the Seahawks in 2005 but their teams won so who gives a flying hoot how they played. All I remember is how most of the media was saying how great big bad Cam was and how he was going to demolish Denver, how'd that work out? Cam stunk it up with 2 fumbles resulting in 14 points for Denver. Russell Wilson is another one, worst INT in SB history but yet the media thinks the dude walks on water haha.

Not to mention this was based on something that was 5 years ago what evidence was there that was left behind at that point. You didn't need 7 mths to investigate if you had to.

That being said I don't think he used HGH I could believe he used something else though.

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Yes, a thanks to Colts fans for generally avoiding the use of insulting nicknames. Very much appreciated.

But as a reminder, being respectful is something we expect here on the boards, and the use of insulting nick names against players, coaches, F.O. people, owners, or your fellow forum members accomplishes nothing and is against the rules. Just thankful very few even try to evade it though. :)

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you are following my every post why are you stalking me? And besides I have no problems with debating with a lot of members in this forum so why do you have a problem? If it's personal I would suggest you use the convenient ignore button.

He wasn't looking for a debate. If you couldn't see that he was making a joke maybe you should get an inturpretor 

I know your old. But don't let that be an excuse for your crabbiness 

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, a thanks to Colts fans for generally avoiding the use of insulting nicknames. Very much appreciated.

But as a reminder, being respectful is something we expect here on the boards, and the use of insulting nick names against players, coaches, F.O. people, owners, or your fellow forum members accomplishes nothing and is against the rules. Just thankful very few even try to evade it though. :)

I agree. Is much as I speak my mind I still call Tom, Tom. I think we have one of the classiest fanbases in the NFL. I have been to several games over the years and ran into opposing fans and have always treated them kindly, talking kind smack back and forth then shaking hands after words. When I went to the 2009 Patriots game, I was around a few Patriots fans and I didn't see one of them get treated poorly. Our crowd is laid back for the most part.

7 hours ago, Restored said:

Sad that this was even considered plausible in the first place.

Nobody believed that what was sent to his wife was actually sent to his wife..

Folks were so quick to try to get something on Peyton.

It never made sense that Peyton would use....he was trying to regenerate a nerve not work harder on his recovery.

My only regret is that the accusation came during the playoff run and the 'all clear', 'case closed' came in July.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It never made sense that Peyton would use....he was trying to regenerate a nerve not work harder on his recovery.

My only regret is that the accusation came during the playoff run and the 'all clear', 'case closed' came in July.

Great Post! Peyton is cleared and got his 2nd Championship so it's all great.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

The accusation came during the playoffs before the SB, much like Brady's Deflategate. However, I heard a Pats fan on Pats Pulpit spin it (without getting the facts straight) that the NFL waited till the SB was over. 

Unfortunately, we all believe what we want to believe based on how we align ourselves to a person or issue, that is just innate in us. Personally, I still think Deflategate was a witch hunt by Goodell to make up for his lost chances during Spygate. Just my objective opinion here. But at some point, we all have to respect the process.

Brady wanted to adhere to the CBA and appease the NFLPA but he should've laid his bets on appeasing the NFL and co-operating more, I guess. Peyton said "I am not worrying about the NFLPA and the precedent it might set (players disclosing more than necessary part)", and thus his name was cleared faster, IMO. When you don't have strong evidence to hide, it sure does make it easier to co-operate. Plus, the medical info around this case required HIPAA oversight thus making leaks less likely than with the Brady case. 

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

He wasn't looking for a debate. If you couldn't see that he was making a joke maybe you should get an inturpretor 

I know your old. But don't let that be an excuse for your crabbiness 

So now you are reading his mind AND speaking for him as well as me? This forum already has moderators. Till you are one it's not your place to tell me what I can and cant do. You read something into my comment that wasn't there because you have a personal problem with me. And now you bring my age into this? Maybe you need to grow up?

42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So now you are reading his mind AND speaking for him as well as me? This forum already has moderators. Till you are one it's not your place to tell me what I can and cant do. You read something into my comment that wasn't there because you have a personal problem with me. And now you bring my age into this? Maybe you need to grow up?

Take a pill. My post was in reference to Brady destroying his smartphone.

I am happy and pleased that Peyton was cleared.  As I said eariler, I never had any doubt.

Furthermore, I don't see the need to bring Brady into the conversation,  and I don't give a hoot what any other fanbase thinks about it.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, Gramz said:

I am happy and pleased that Peyton was cleared.  As I said eariler, I never had any doubt.

Furthermore, I don't see the need to bring Brady into the conversation,  and I don't give a hoot what any other fanbase thinks about it.

Can't agree any stronger. Hard for me to believe that people that watched Peyton progress little by little and still battled arm strength etc throughout his comeback would say this guy was taking performance enhancers. From all the trainers and people around him praising all the hard work...the endless hours in rehab and working on his craft again to get back there was no doubt in my mind that he earned his way back onto the field and back to excellence. Honestly Peyton's career in Denver in my mind is more impressive than the one he had here in Indy. It doesn't come from numbers or wins or SBs but the fact of what he went through to come back and play again...and for about two seasons we got to turn back time to vintage/prime Peyton before further injuries drained away what little ability he had left in that old body. It was a priviliage to watch him play his entire career and say I witnessed one of the greats....and later got to meet one of the great humble thoughtful guys too.  I was a proud fan of Peyton and now that this story has been put to rest he will be able to ride off into the sunset with all the questions answered....truly and ALL-TIME GREAT PLAYER and GUY...on and off the field. HOF guy there for sure.

15 hours ago, dgambill said:

Can't agree any stronger. Hard for me to believe that people that watched Peyton progress little by little and still battled arm strength etc throughout his comeback would say this guy was taking performance enhancers. From all the trainers and people around him praising all the hard work...the endless hours in rehab and working on his craft again to get back there was no doubt in my mind that he earned his way back onto the field and back to excellence. Honestly Peyton's career in Denver in my mind is more impressive than the one he had here in Indy. It doesn't come from numbers or wins or SBs but the fact of what he went through to come back and play again...and for about two seasons we got to turn back time to vintage/prime Peyton before further injuries drained away what little ability he had left in that old body. It was a priviliage to watch him play his entire career and say I witnessed one of the greats....and later got to meet one of the great humble thoughtful guys too.  I was a proud fan of Peyton and now that this story has been put to rest he will be able to ride off into the sunset with all the questions answered....truly and ALL-TIME GREAT PLAYER and GUY...on and off the field. HOF guy there for sure.

We all saw how how rocky a start to 2012 he had in his comeback year. There were still questions. Then 2013 happened. It seemed like half a season in 2012, a full season in 2013 and a half season in 2014 was when he had that touch and feeling going. It almost felt like it started to take a step back again in the latter half of 2014 and he did just what was necessary in 2015 carried to the finish by his team that he rightfully acknowledged in his retirement presser. He may have been back for 4 seasons but I felt like he had just 2 seasons worth of intermittent top notch play physically, IMO.

It all falls in line with a typical rehab and recovery and the uncertainty he constantly expressed regarding his nerve re-generation. It was not a knee or torn muscle he was rehabbing, that is why the HGH angle never made sense from the beginning. True HOF guy for sure, no doubt. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, crazycolt1 said:

So was this a joke or a sarcastic remark? If Peyton had nothing to hide there would be no reason to destroy his cell phone would there?

logical fallacy/paradoxical. You don't have to have anything to hide, to hide something.  Statement assumes a person is guilty until proven innocent.  You have an inherent right to privacy.  The premise is that privacy is about hiding a wrong. It's not. Privacy is an inherent human right, and a requirement for maintaining the human condition with dignity and respect

Using the nothing to hide argument is like saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.  its not about security vs privacy, its about liberty vs control. 

It encourages a complete trust in state powers - that you will never face wrongful suspicion or misuse of powers, for only the guilty are affected by mass surveillance.

It also introduces the vague threat that just maybe, if you haven’t behaved, you do have something to fear. Not something to challenge, or criticise, but to fear

Journalists are frequently at risk of big business and government surveillance tracking their leaks, their stories, their whistleblowers, and their criticism of the government and the police

Lawyers rely on client confidentiality, a principle which is key for a fair trial, and for a working justice system

Doctors, hospital workers and their patients expect to have confidentiality when discussing personal health.

That kind of argument leaves you open.  Would you be willing to hand over your phone unlocked, give me your password to all your email accounts, and allow photos of you naked to be shared about? 

To further expound:  The Congressional Research Service found that they could not count the number of federal crimes spread across 50 states.  Therefore a person could not even know if they are acting in violation of a crime.  Given the sheer number of laws, it is almost certain that law enforcement, if 100% effective, would find something illegal you did. 

On 7/28/2016 at 10:13 AM, chad72 said:

We all saw how how rocky a start to 2012 he had in his comeback year. There were still questions. Then 2013 happened. It seemed like half a season in 2012, a full season in 2013 and a half season in 2014 was when he had that touch and feeling going. It almost felt like it started to take a step back again in the latter half of 2014 and he did just what was necessary in 2015 carried to the finish by his team that he rightfully acknowledged in his retirement presser. He may have been back for 4 seasons but I felt like he had just 2 seasons worth of intermittent top notch play physically, IMO.

It all falls in line with a typical rehab and recovery and the uncertainty he constantly expressed regarding his nerve re-generation. It was not a knee or torn muscle he was rehabbing, that is why the HGH angle never made sense from the beginning. True HOF guy for sure, no doubt. 

True in 1st few games but then it all came together in the 2nd half great comback early in that season Vs chargers , u cant just turn any substance on at halftime like that & led team to # 1 seed

On 7/25/2016 at 11:58 AM, bayone said:

Read for all deratils

And that's the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.  Cooperation with the investigation.

• Nadine locked this topic