Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I noticed that, too... The final time for his pick is 4:17pm EDT tomorrow. I wonder if the 12 hours are not a bit too much?

I think 12 hours is fair for the first round, at least.  People may want to do a bit more research.  Plus, people have school or jobs.  Add in that some are trying to make trades, which requires you to message someone, then wait for their response.  Perhaps we cut it down to 6 hours or so for round 2, and 4 for round 3.  But for round 1, I think 12 hours makes sense.

Keanu Neal is ranked the second safety by CBS but they don't project him as a starter. Here is their analysis:

STRENGTHS: Looks the part with a developed physique and long arms. Highly physical and aggressive tackler, using his length to hit, lift and drive. Plays with violence and anger, exploding through his hips and striking with authority.

Smooth athlete for his size and controls his momentum well in space. Consistent play speed, showing functional range. Attacks alleys and flows well with the action, never playing bored. Tough player and fights through pain. Productive junior season, averaging 8.7 tackles per start in 2015.

WEAKNESSES: One-speed athlete and doesn't play with much burst. Physical striker, but doesn't consistently square up his target, break down in motion or wrap to finish. Wild angles and takes wasted steps vs. the run and in coverage.

Streaky take-on technique and late to separate from blocks. Makes it too easy for receivers to block him in the open field. Struggles to anticipate, biting on fakes.

Needs to see things a tick faster to be more of a reliable playmaker. Eyes stuck in the backfield, allowing spacing from his coverage responsibilities. Marginal spatial awareness and tends to play with tunnel vision. Durability concerns, missing seven starts the last two seasons.

IN OUR VIEW: While he showed improvements in the deep half of the field in coverage, he is best known as an eraser downhill, playing with violent intentions and looking to lay the wood. Neal enjoys contact and is a physical striker, but needs mechanical work as too many of his tackle attempts are off balance due to streaky angles.

He might be able to start down the road in the NFL, but requires time to improve his discipline as he doesn't have the athleticism to make up for wasted steps. Neal will be a special teams demon due to his relentless nature while competing for snaps on defense.

--Dane Brugler (1/11/16)

Sounds like we already have the same kind of player in Geathers. I want a FS who can ball hawk. As I said, it may be early, but I would have preferred Joseph to Neal.

One thing to remember though is need drives a lot of teams. Remember three years ago I believe, we all like the safety from Washington State, Deonne Buchannon. There were only a few good safeties that year, Calvin Prior, Ward, and we all expected Buchannon to go at best early to late 2nd round, and liked the kid. He got picked by the Cardinals late in the first round. He now has been moved to ILB once Mathieu was drafted, but it turned out they thought he was worth a first round pick, and since he is a starter, and produces I think the Cardinals were right. Everyone's big board rules. So in the end, Keanu Neal may be a stud!

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think 12 hours is fair for the first round, at least.  People may want to do a bit more research.  Plus, people have school or jobs.  Add in that some are trying to make trades, which requires you to message someone, then wait for their response.  Perhaps we cut it down to 6 hours or so for round 2, and 4 for round 3.  But for round 1, I think 12 hours makes sense.

If we do change the time, I would ask I stay at 12 hours if it's OK. I work nights 6-6 and sleep days, so a shorter time might hurt my picks

7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

My vote is 4 hours straight through.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

My vote is 4 hours straight through.

Some people work shifts that are upwards of 8-9 hours though. I think the best bet is to have them pick 3-4 guys that might be available at their pick and PM it to @stitches. But maybe move to 6 hours for the next rounds with that rule. If none of their picks are there, then auto-pick from the BB.

That way if they know they'll be unavailable, Stitches can just fill in the pick.

22 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Some people work shifts that are upwards of 8-9 hours though. I think the best bet is to have them pick 3-4 guys that might be available at their pick and PM it to @stitches. But maybe move to 6 hours for the next rounds with that rule. If none of their picks are there, then auto-pick from the BB.

That way if they know they'll be unavailable, Stitches can just fill in the pick.

Well, it's not the people who work shifts and can't participate, that I'm fine c with, because there's only been one so far. Waiting on trade offers has been the major cause of hold up (no offense 21isSuperman), and if those offers go to people who can't respond 9-5, we get one pick. So maybe the better solution is, 6 hours per pick, but only if we go on an honor system when it comes to trade offers. If you don't here anything in an hour, the trade is considered vetoed. Doesn't apply to trade offers under negotiation., provided there is not an hour between each communixation. Progression of the game has to take precedence at some point because 4 picks a day won't get us through the second round before the NFL finishes the real second round.

I am ready with my pick. As soon as we hear from the Bills, I will post it.  However, I have a meeting at work in an hour and it is expected to last about two hours. If we hear from Crestmount by noon ET, my pick will be in soon after that.

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am ready with my pick. As soon as we hear from the Bills, I will post it.  However, I have a meeting at work in an hour and it is expected to last about two hours. If we hear from Crestmount by noon ET, my pick will be in soon after that.

You can pm it to stitches (or me since trade already accepted) and he or I will take care of it for you.

By the way, 4:17pm is the end of the 12 hour mark.  JPFolks picked at 8:17pm, the 12 hour mark would be 8:17am, plus the 8 hour tolling from midnight to 8am - so 4:17pm.

Also, I would encourage anyone who wants a team to chime in.  If we could get another participant ready to have the Bills pick in as the time gets close, we could just substitute the new participant in instead of waiting the full 12 hours.  I'd be a little more apt to wait the 12 hours, but it's clear that crestmount has not even been checking in on the game to see its progress.  Still I think we should give him/her at least till lunch.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBleedBlue said:

If he's not here, can I take his spot?

Unless @stitches has someone else lined up, you would be the first to ask.  I'd confirm that with him and if so, starting around lunch time, I'd figure otu who you want to draft or, if you would rather, start negotiations for trading down.  Then, whenever he elects its okay for you to take over, get your trade or pick in.  

That's my recommendation, anyway.

53 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I propose new rule 

Each round posters have 6 hours 

If posters don't have pick in 6 the active posters will then discuss the best possible option for that team and make the pick.

anything to get the show on the road.  at this rate it will take a week to get through the first round

3-4 hours would be nice, that would rule a lot of people out, but the more active posters are coming back to check often, only to find someone is up that has been inactive for 40 hours

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Sorry haha. Trying to balance work and this stuff, as well as having to wait for people to respond, takes time. I won't keep you guys waiting much longer. 

Not sure why I can't unquote you.    

Carry on

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not sure why I can't unquote you.    

Carry on

Click on the dialogue box and then when the "x" appears in the upper left corner, click it.  It's a nuisance, but it has something to do with the auto-save function.  It actually appears more like a cross with arrows on the end of it (like something you click and hold to drag and move something, but clicking it gets rid of the box).

You could always start another one with a shorter time limit? There's a lot of guys in this draft who can't do 4 hours or so because of work, school or children, myself included. Be unfair to change the rules at the end of the first round when 32 people have agreed to 12 hours.

Id enjoy reading another mock draft with users willing to do a shorter time limit though.

23 minutes ago, scousecolt said:

You could always start another one with a shorter time limit? There's a lot of guys in this draft who can't do 4 hours or so because of work, school or children, myself included. Be unfair to change the rules at the end of the first round when 32 people have agreed to 12 hours.

Id enjoy reading another mock draft with users willing to do a shorter time limit though.

At this rate the actual draft will be over before this one

23 minutes ago, scousecolt said:

There's a ballot for "No Change to Rules."  while I think we should be fair to everyone, I also think the objectives of the game would be frustrated if we continued to go at the pace we currently are.  The real draft would finish before this one.  

Acknowledging that, I think it's only fair to approach this from a democratic perspective.  For those who are not able to participate within the changed time frame, I think those are fewer in number and it would be easier for all involved to submit a list of prospects commensurate with your availability.  So if you are 10th in the 2nd round, and you think there's a reasonable chance that you may not be able to make it to your pick in time, submit 10 prospects in order of preference so that when your time is up, if you haven't been able to log in and draft, you can be ensured that you will get at least one of the guys you wanted.  If the draft moderator or an actual moderator is drafting in front of you and you don't want them to see your hand, send it to someone who is generally very active on these forums who drafts behind you or someone you believe can be impartial - @Dustin, @Superman, @jvan1973, @21isSuperman, @Defjamz26, are people I believe who could be fair and impartial and not be influenced by your draft board (for what my word is worth, I would also not use your draft board improperly).  I think this is the best way to  approach the game so that it can move along at a better pace.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Can someone just pick for the Bills so we can move to the Vikings pick.

If Crestmount does not make the pick, the instructions say that the highest rated player should go to that team. That would be Noah Spence. 

Here's the thread for the rule proposals for GMs interested:

The long and short of it is, the time to make your own proposal starts now and ends tomorrow at noon.  The voting period on the rule proposals starts noon tomorrow and ends at noon on Friday.

PS I will post at the top of the each page on this thread as close as I can so it is not missed by anyone with an interest in voting.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I propose new rule 

Each round posters have 6 hours 

If posters don't have pick in 6 the active posters will then discuss the best possible option for that team and make the pick.

I'd second this. There is a reason why you provide your wish list (at least top 5 in order of priority) to the commish if you're not back for your draft time. By doing 6 hours and a wish list, a GM can protect themselves and the integrity of the mock draft process, IMO. Less frustration on all ends. :)

To be honest, I'd make the wish list mandatory. The commish won't pick from your wish list till the time is up. I'd be more than glad to give my top 5 wish list at least 4 picks prior to the Jaguars second pick should I somehow miss it because of the weekend or any other stuff at work.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd second this. There is a reason why you provide your wish list (at least top 5 in order of priority) to the commish if you're not back for your draft time. By doing 6 hours and a wish list, a GM can protect themselves and the integrity of the mock draft process, IMO. Less frustration on all ends. :)

To be honest, I'd make the wish list mandatory. The commish won't pick from your wish list till the time is up. I'd be more than glad to give my top 5 wish list at least 4 picks prior to the Jaguars second pick should I somehow miss it because of the weekend or any other stuff at work.

See the rule proposals thread and let us know your thoughts and on others ideas.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

If @crestmountmisses his pick and since he hasn't logged in for the last 2 days, I will wait for another 12 hours and assign his team to the next person in the waiting list( @ColtsBleedBlue).

To be clear, you mean we will wait 12 hours only to assign his team to another member (not to make the pick), right?

At 4:20 ET or so, will Noah Spence be auto-drafted and go to the Bills?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

To be clear, you mean we will wait 12 hours only to assign his team to another member (not to make the pick), right?

That is how I read it - pick is still made at 4:17 and team is assigned 12 hours after that.

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

If @crestmountmisses his pick and since he hasn't logged in for the last 2 days, I will wait for another 12 hours and assign his team to the next person in the waiting list( @ColtsBleedBlue).

Why not just let ColtsBleedBlue take over and make the pick at #19? Assuming he/she is standing by, we can get that pick from him now and make it once crestmount times out... ???

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, we will make the pick at ~4 ET and if he doesn't respond in the next 12 hours we will assign his team to the next guy in the list.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Why not just let ColtsBleedBlue take over and make the pick at #19? Assuming he/she is standing by, we can get that pick from him now and make it once crestmount times out... ???

That actually is a great idea. @ColtsBleedBlue make your pick and if crestmount doesn't show up, we will take your suggestion for the pick, since you will most likely be the manager of the Bills.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Maybe we should add this in the rule changes topic. I'll copy this post there.