Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I very much disagree. Reed has quickness, burst and range for a big guy. Prime example is him chasing down Watson in the championship, taking the perfect angle to keep him out of the end zone. Yeah, he's lumbering, but he got up and ran, and actually made a great play. He made a similar play on Carson Wentz in the Senior Bowl. He shoots gaps, he can come across the face of a blocker... 

His teammate, Robinson, has meh movement, but is a little more stout. Billings is more stout than both, and moves about as well as Robinson. But I think Reed will be more disruptive than both of them. He's like a better Jordan Phillips (who coincidentally is also in Miami). 

Maybe I just was in more of my critical moods.  I just remember thinking that his closing speed was meh.  Obviously you don't expect anyone of that size to jump over lineman and chase down RBs from behind on a regular basis.  He was one of the first prospects I watched, back in January I believe.  So perhaps going back and re-watching might be helpful.  I do think he will be good.  That's not really a question in my mind.

Results from the votes are done.  The new rules going forward will be 4 and B.  

Period of Time to Make Selections

4) For rounds 2 through 4, the window of time to make selections shall be 6 hours.  In an effort to continue the pace of the draft and not utilize the maximum amount of time per each pick, a GM who has sent trade offers to other GMs will conduct themselves under an honor policy such that any trade offer sent and not responded to within one hour shall be deemed rejected (and no second offer may be sent to that same GM to start another one hour period); this honor system shall not apply to GMs who are actively negotiating an offer.  If all offers have been rejected or deemed rejected under these rules, the GM on the clock will then make a selection in the best interest of progressing the draft.   No changes to the 12 hour period for 1st round picks.  The daily tolling period from 12am to 8am remains unchanged.  The Draft Moderator may grant extensions of time to any GM at his discretion.  A GM who makes such a request shall give advanced notice should be given as soon as reasonably practical.

Selections for Absentee GM

B)  If the time to make a selection expires, the GM will be deemed to have selected the highest rated player in the big board used in the main draft forum.  Selecting the highest rated player should be assumed reasonable and require strong evidence to the contrary that the selection is not warranted.  The Draft Moderator (with the input of other GMs) will take into account the round of the selection and depth requirements of the team and if the circumstances require it, may select the next highest rated player that because either (i) the highest rated player is at the same position of a player already drafted, so the next highest rated player at a different position is the more reasonable selection , or (ii) such team is already reasonably set at the QB position selecting another QB would not be a justified use of the selection as a potential starter or backup quarterback.   

5 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

With the 30th pick in the draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select LB Jaylon Smith! (Will shift he or Danny Lansanah to MLB, creating an extremely formidable LB group)

@PureLuck and the Denver Broncos are now on the clock!!

Much Surprise

Many shocks

Very startled

wow.jpeg

1 OT  LAREMY TUNSIL - OLE MISS

2 CB  JALEN RAMSEY - FSU

3 OLB  MYLES JACK - UCLA

4 QB  JARED GOFF - CALIFORNIA

5 DE  JOEY BOSA - OHIO STATE

6 DE  DEFOREST BUCKNER - OREGON

7 RB  EZEKIEL ELLIOTT - OHIO STATE

8 CB  VERNON HARGREAVES III - FLORIDA

9 QB  CARSON WENTZ - NORTH DAKOTA STATE

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

15 DE  SHAQ LAWSON - CLEMSON

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

21 OT  JACK CONKLIN - MICHIGAN STATE

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

23 ILB  REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

33 G  CODY WHITEHAIR - KANSAS STATE

34 WR  JOSH DOCTSON - TCU

35 S  KARL JOSEPH - WEST VIRGINIA

36 RB  KENNETH DIXON - LOUISIANA TECH

37 QB  CONNOR COOK - MICHIGAN STATE

38 OLB  JAYLON SMITH - NOTRE DAME

39 DT  VERNON BUTLER - LOUISIANA TECH

40 DT  JONATHAN BULLARD - FLORIDA

41 WR  WILL FULLER - NOTRE DAME

42 OLB  SU'A CRAVENS - USC

43 WR  STERLING SHEPARD - OKLAHOMA

44 DT  KENNY CLARK - UCLA

45 WR  TYLER BOYD - PITT

46 TE  HUNTER HENRY - ARKANSAS

47 S  DARIAN THOMPSON - BOISE STATE

48 DT  CHRIS JONES - MISS. STATE

49 C  RYAN KELLY - ALABAMA

50 RB  DERRICK HENRY - ALABAMA

51 OT  JASON SPRIGGS - INDIANA

52 S  TJ GREEN - CLEMSON

53 CB  XAVIEN HOWARD - BAYLOR

54 DT  MALIEK COLLINS - NEBRASKA

55 CB  HARLAN MILLER - SE LOUISIANA

56 DT  ROBERT NKEMDICHE - OLE MISS

57 CB  KENDALL FULLER - VIRGINIA TECH

58 G  CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN - ARIZONA STATE

59 DE  KAMALEI CORREA - BOISE STATE

60 WR  BRAXTON MILLER - OHIO STATE

61 DT  AUSTIN JOHNSON - PENN STATE

62 WR  CHARONE PEAKE - CLEMSON

63 DT  JIHAD WARD - ILLINOIS

64 G  JOSHUA GARNETT - STANFORD

Upcoming picks:

31 -- Denver  @PureLuck

32 -- Green Bay @chelsea_fc

33 -- Tennessee @wig

34 -- New England @Track Guy

35 -- Oakland @Exodus

36 -- Baltimore @21isSuperman

37 -- San Francisco @jvan1973

38 -- Jacksonville @chad72

39 -- Carolina @Footballlax31

40 -- New York Giants @twfish

41 -- Chicago @CheezyColt

42 -- Miami @Superman

Get ready.

34 minutes ago, Superman said:

Upcoming picks:

31 -- Denver  @PureLuck

32 -- Green Bay @chelsea_fc

33 -- Tennessee @wig

34 -- New England @Track Guy

35 -- Oakland @Exodus

36 -- Baltimore @21isSuperman

37 -- San Francisco @jvan1973

38 -- Jacksonville @chad72

39 -- Carolina @Footballlax31

40 -- New York Giants @twfish

41 -- Chicago @CheezyColt

42 -- Miami @Superman

Get ready.

I have multiple picks ready in my head. I work tomorrow evening, so I'll be sleeping most of the day. I'll be up with my pick by 4pm in case it gets to me and everyone starts freaking out. haha

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Per the Trades thread, the Broncos traded the #31 pick to the Eagles. @danlhart87

should be on the clock. Is that correct @PureLuck?

The selections list should be updated to reflect this.

Just sent a message to danlhart to make sure the trade is still on... But if he says so, he's on the clock and I'm waiting for his pick :)

3 hours ago, PureLuck said:

Just sent a message to danlhart to make sure the trade is still on... But if he says so, he's on the clock and I'm waiting for his pick :)

Okay, great. I see you made the pick. (You took my guy!)

I wonder why your posts are not showing up when you write them. When I logged in earlier (about 30 min ago), your posts were not there.  Danlhart87's post was directly under the one I wrote and his post was the last one.

Anyway, glad to see the First Round end. :D

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Okay, great. I see you made the pick. (You took my guy!)

I wonder why your posts are not showing up when you write them. When I logged in earlier (about 30 min ago), your posts were not there.  Danlhart87's post was directly under the one I wrote and his post was the last one.

Anyway, glad to see the First Round end. :D

It's because hes a rookie poster. A moderator have to aprove the message to it show up. The time it'srelative to when he post the comment, not when it was aproved.

I thought about going wide receiver or tight end here, but with Jordy coming back I think it will help the offense flow better.  Also Aaron was running for his life this year, but many analyst's are saying it was due to the line not being healthy this year.

But the big surprise was Raji walking away, so...

With the 32nd pick in the NFL draft, the Packers select Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech.

@wig you are now on the clock.

8 hours ago, PureLuck said:

With the 31st pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Karl Joseph, Safety, West Virginia.

@chelsea_fc and the Packers are now on the clock.

CRAP!!!!!!! Good thing we're in the same division, because I'm going to make sure I beat you twice a year from now on. I was gunning for Joseph at #35

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

He has 11 more minutes.

According to the new rules, Michael Thomas would be the player selected. @Track Guy had done his own mock draft in another thread and selected S. Cravens for New England,  albeit at #61. I wonder if Cravens can be the player auto-drafted. He is not too far down the Big Board. (Track Guy had been looking forward to making the pick.)

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

According to the new rules, Michael Thomas would be the player selected. @Track Guy had done his own mock draft in another thread and selected S. Cravens for New England,  albeit at #61. I wonder if Cravens can be the player auto-drafted. He is not too far down the Big Board. (Track Guy had been looking forward to making the pick.)

Rules is rules. Thomas it is. 

This offseason, the Ravens lost one of the league's better offensive linemen in Kelechi Osemele.  Eugene Monroe is also too inconsistent for our liking and we'd like some competition.  We want someone who can play inside at guard, but can also play tackle if we aren't happy with Monroe or if injuries affect him.  With all that in mind, the Baltimore Ravens select Cody Whitehair, Kansas State

@jvan1973 and the 49ers are on the clock

20 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This offseason, the Ravens lost one of the league's better offensive linemen in Kelechi Osemele.  Eugene Monroe is also too inconsistent for our liking and we'd like some competition.  We want someone who can play inside at guard, but can also play tackle if we aren't happy with Monroe or if injuries affect him.  With all that in mind, the Baltimore Ravens select Cody Whitehair, Kansas State

@jvan1973 and the 49ers are on the clock

Darn you.    That was gonna be my pick.   Haha. 

The 9ers are in need of Oline help

So the miners select 

OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

They may kick him inside,  but he will help protect Goff

@chad72 is on the clock

Stefen Wisniewki is a free agent. He has not been re-signed by the Jags yet. Luke Bowanko is next in line, not the most appealing option at center.

So, the Jaguars select Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama :) hoping he is the center of their future to call signals for young QB Blake Bortles.

@Footballax31 is next