Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Putting a link to the Rule Proposal Thread towards the top of each page.  Please be sure to check the posts for the latest modifications to the rule proposals.  Since I can't edit the original post, I re-post periodically to include changes as suggested by the group.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Thanks for not making me feel bad about not taking Billings lol. What was your reasoning for taking Reed over him, just curious?

I'm not that high on Billings. I like DL who can move. I would have liked Rankins, but the Vikings messed that up for me. Reed was my next highest rated player though.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not that high on Billings. I like DL who can move. I would have liked Rankins, but the Vikings messed that up for me. Reed was my next highest rated player though.

When I saw that you moved down to 22, I figured you might pick one of the guys I liked. So, that is why I moved up. I did not like too many guys at 23. 

I am surprised that no one asked why I did not select a WR. Nearly 70% of the draft experts out there are predicting that the Vikes will select a WR.  

We need depth along the D-line. Sharrif Floyd is always injured. If we decide not to pick up his 5th year option, we have someone else to take over next year. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

When I saw that you moved up to 22, I figured you might pick one of the guys I liked. So, that is why I moved up. I did not like too many guys at 23. 

I am surprised that no one asked why I did not select a WR. Nearly 70% of the draft experts out there are predicting that the Vikes will select a WR.  

We need depth along the line. Sharrif Floyd is always injured. If we decide not to pick up his 5th year option, we have someone else to take over next year. 

This forum hates WRs, as you might know. You'll get great value in later rounds if you want. We're at #24 and only one is off the board. I think at least four go in the first in real life. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

When I saw that you moved up to 22, I figured you might pick one of the guys I liked. So, that is why I moved up. I did not like too many guys at 23. 

We need depth along the D-line. Sharrif Floyd is always injured. If we decide not to pick up his 5th year option, we have someone else to take over next year. 

I figured you guys have options at WR the next couple of rounds. I could see Michael Thomas falling to your pick in the 2nd. I think it was a good pick.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

This forum hates WRs, as you might know. You'll get great value in later rounds if you want. We're at #24 and only one is off the board. I think at least four go in the first in real life. 

That can't be true. You guys can't stop talking about Hilton and Moncrief.  Lol. Some did not like the Dorsett pick -- does not mean they hate WRs. I like WRs and would not mind getting Doctson.  I know you like Doctson and thought maybe you or Washington might take him. But I told some of my Vikesfans that I wanted to go defense. 

The last 4 years, we have drafted at least one defensive player in the first round (Harrison Smith, Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, Barr, and Trae Waynes). Last year, our first 3 picks were defensive players. With all the talent on defense in this draft, I see Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman going defense again.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

When I saw that you moved down to 22, I figured you might pick one of the guys I liked. So, that is why I moved up. I did not like too many guys at 23. 

The other thing, Rankins and Reed were my highest rated players, for sure. I won't say much more about my rankings, but I think you made a great pick. If I were picking for the Colts at #18, I would have picked Rankins.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I figured you guys have options at WR the next couple of rounds. I could see Michael Thomas falling to your pick in the 2nd. I think it was a good pick.

That (bolded) is exactly what I thought.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

The other thing, Rankins and Reed were my highest rated players, for sure. I won't say much more about my rankings, but I think you made a great pick. If I were picking for the Colts at #18, I would have picked Rankins.

I learned from all of you and my fellow Vikefans to go BPA. 

BTW, JPFolks' pick (Neal) was invited to and will be at the draft. Perhaps he is better than we think. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I learned from all of you and my fellow Vikefans to go BPA. 

BTW, JPFolks' pick (Neal) was invited to and will be at the draft. Perhaps he is better than we think. 

I like Neal. If you watch Hargreaves tape, you can't help but notice him. He hits everything that moves. But I don't think he's a top 50 player. I saw that he was invited and immediately thought he'd be left in the green room overnight. I could be wrong, of course.

Updated draft order and big board:

1. 01. Tennessee -- Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss

1. 02. Cleveland -- Jalen Ramsey, Florida State

1. 03. San Diego -- Myles Jack, UCLA

1. 04. Dallas -- Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State

1. 05. Jacksonville Tampa bay (trade) -- Joey Bosa, Ohio State

1. 06. Baltimore Los Angeles (trade) -- Carson Wentz, North Dakota State

1. 07. San Francisco -- Jared Goff, California

1. 08. Philadelphia from Miami -- Jack Conklin, Michigan State

1. 09. Tampa Bay Jacksonville (trade) -- Vernon Hargreaves, Florida

1. 10. New York Giants -- Reggie Ragland, Alabama

1. 11. Chicago -- DeForest Buckner, Oregon

1. 12. New Orleans -- Shaq Lawson, Clemson

1. 13. Miami from Philadelphia (trade) Detroit -- Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame

1. 14. Oakland (trade) San Diego -- A'Shawn Robinson, Alabama

1. 15. Los Angeles Baltimore -- Darron Lee, Ohio State

1. 16. Detroit Miami (trade) Houston - Laquan Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

1. 17. Atlanta -  Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia

1. 18. Indianapolis -  Keanu Neal, S, Florida (LOLWUT)

1. 19. Buffalo - Noah Spence, EDGE, Eastern Kentucky

1. 20. Minnesota Vikings - Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville

1. 21. Washington -  Mackensie Alexander, CB Clemson

1. 22. Houston (trade, see #16) Miami -  Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama.

1. 23. NYJ -  Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State.

1. 24. Cincinnati

1. 25. Pittsburgh

1. 26. Seattle

1. 27. Green Bay

1. 28. Kansas City

1. 29. Arizona

1. 30. Carolina (trade) Tampa Bay -- 

1. 31. Denver

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That can't be true. You guys can't stop talking about Hilton and Moncrief.  Lol. Some did not like the Dorsett pick -- does not mean they hate WRs. I like WRs and would not mind getting Doctson.  I know you like Doctson and thought maybe you or Washington might take him. But I told some of my Vikesfans that I wanted to go defense. 

The last 4 years, we have drafted at least one defensive player in the first round (Harrison Smith, Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, Barr, and Trae Waynes). Last year, our first 3 picks were defensive players. With all the talent on defense in this draft, I see Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman going defense again.

There was a mini revolt over Moncrief. You saw what happened with Dorsett. I was being hyperbolic, but I think a lot of posters here are less interested in receivers, particularly in the first round of the draft. 

By the way, Doctson is awful. I would never draft him. ;)

Here's a top 64, including the picks that have been made.

1 OT  LAREMY TUNSIL - OLE MISS

2 CB  JALEN RAMSEY - FSU

3 OLB  MYLES JACK - UCLA

4 QB  JARED GOFF - CALIFORNIA

5 DE  JOEY BOSA - OHIO STATE

6 DE  DEFOREST BUCKNER - OREGON

7 RB  EZEKIEL ELLIOTT - OHIO STATE

8 CB  VERNON HARGREAVES III - FLORIDA

9 QB  CARSON WENTZ - NORTH DAKOTA STATE

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

15 DE  SHAQ LAWSON - CLEMSON

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

21 OT  JACK CONKLIN - MICHIGAN STATE

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

23 ILB  REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

33 G  CODY WHITEHAIR - KANSAS STATE

34 WR  JOSH DOCTSON - TCU

35 S  KARL JOSEPH - WEST VIRGINIA

36 RB  KENNETH DIXON - LOUISIANA TECH

37 QB  CONNOR COOK - MICHIGAN STATE

38 OLB  JAYLON SMITH - NOTRE DAME

39 DT  VERNON BUTLER - LOUISIANA TECH

40 DT  JONATHAN BULLARD - FLORIDA

41 WR  WILL FULLER - NOTRE DAME

42 OLB  SU'A CRAVENS - USC

43 WR  STERLING SHEPARD - OKLAHOMA

44 DT  KENNY CLARK - UCLA

45 WR  TYLER BOYD - PITT

46 TE  HUNTER HENRY - ARKANSAS

47 S  DARIAN THOMPSON - BOISE STATE

48 DT  CHRIS JONES - MISS. STATE

49 C  RYAN KELLY - ALABAMA

50 RB  DERRICK HENRY - ALABAMA

51 OT  JASON SPRIGGS - INDIANA

52 S  TJ GREEN - CLEMSON

53 CB  XAVIEN HOWARD - BAYLOR

54 DT  MALIEK COLLINS - NEBRASKA

55 CB  HARLAN MILLER - SE LOUISIANA

56 DT  ROBERT NKEMDICHE - OLE MISS

57 CB  KENDALL FULLER - VIRGINIA TECH

58 G  CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN - ARIZONA STATE

59 DE  KAMALEI CORREA - BOISE STATE

60 WR  BRAXTON MILLER - OHIO STATE

61 DT  AUSTIN JOHNSON - PENN STATE

62 WR  CHARONE PEAKE - CLEMSON

63 DT  JIHAD WARD - ILLINOIS

64 G  JOSHUA GARNETT - STANFORD

28 minutes ago, Superman said:

I like Neal. If you watch Hargreaves tape, you can't help but notice him. He hits everything that moves. But I don't think he's a top 50 player. I saw that he was invited and immediately thought he'd be left in the green room overnight. I could be wrong, of course.

I think he could be a good fit with Carolina at the end of round 1. They were playing with fire in the secondary by starting old man Harper at Safety. They love hard hitters over there too.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think he could be a good fit with Carolina at the end of round 1. They were playing with fire in the secondary by starting old man Harper at Safety. They love hard hitters over there too.

I think he needs to be in a mostly zone defense. I compare him to Kam Chancellor.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

There was a mini revolt over Moncrief. You saw what happened with Dorsett. I was being hyperbolic, but I think a lot of posters here are less interested in receivers, particularly in the first round of the draft. 

By the way, Doctson is awful. I would never draft him. ;)

He would be a damn monster in the redzone with Luck throwing him the ball.

On 4/13/2016 at 8:17 PM, JPFolks said:

Okay, at 18 the Colts pick S Keanu Neal Florida

The others are going to (or already have it seems) absolutely destroy you for this, but I think this is a very Grigsony use of a 1st round pick. 

On 4/13/2016 at 9:07 PM, wig said:

Now I'm curious who the other 4 were. 

Wow... this glitch won't go away. That quote shows up in my response box no matter what I do (clear cache, leave page start new, refresh etc.

I am shocked... when I got off work and it was my turn the board users were screaming at me to just make a pick... I come home 28 hours later and there's only been a few more picks ALL DAY....Nice how everyone gets equal treatment around here... geez....At this rate the real draft will be over before we get to the end of 3 rounds.  

6 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Wow... this glitch won't go away. That quote shows up in my response box no matter what I do (clear cache, leave page start new, refresh etc.

I am shocked... when I got off work and it was my turn the board users were screaming at me to just make a pick... I come home 28 hours later and there's only been a few more picks ALL DAY....Nice how everyone gets equal treatment around here... geez....At this rate the real draft will be over before we get to the end of 3 rounds.  

You picked the Colts and knew it would bring attention. Don't whine about it now. 

53 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

No one else was trying to get the rest of the posters to guess their pick...that's why people were "screaming"

I would love for Griggs to be sat in his office right now reading this thread with Neal sat at the top of his board think "oh damn,  what am I letting myself in for"!

There's nothing wrong with the pick imof by the way, I'd have gone Billings all day long, but Neal looks a decent prospect in a position of need and just because he isn't one of the regularly circulated names or in the immediate vicinity on the Big Board people have relatively lost their minds over it.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

The others are going to (or already have it seems) absolutely destroy you for this, but I think this is a very Grigsony use of a 1st round pick. 

When you say "grigsony," and knowing your opinion on Grigs, i think all we hear is "that's a very **itty pick."