Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

@Coltfreak has until 12:55 pm tomorrow to make the pick for the Bengals.

Do you think it would be helpful to alert the next few members that they will be/may be on the clock tomorrow? It so happens that Coltfreak logged out just about the time that OPC made his pick and Coltfreak went on the clock. I think he logged out before he received the notification. So he just missed it.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm not that high on Billings. I like DL who can move. I would have liked Rankins, but the Vikings messed that up for me. Reed was my next highest rated player though.

the bolded is why i am surprised you picked reed (or perhaps passed on billings for reed). I thought reed was slower than molasses. His strength to me is being immovable, not getting around the block or winning with agility.  At least with billings, he has good strength, and decent agility, but moves well enough to have pass rush upside. I guess i dont get why you think reed moves better. My 2 cents.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Do you think it would be helpful to alert the next few members that they will be/may be on the clock tomorrow? It so happens that Coltfreak logged put just about the time that OPC made his pick and Coltfreak went on the clock. I think he logged out before he received the notification. So he just missed it.

Yeah, I suspect that's what happened.

Good idea about letting people know when they would probably be on the clock... so here it goes.

@loudnproudcolt, @aaron11, @chelsea_fc you are the managers of the 3 teams that select after the Bengals. @Coltfreak's time expires at about 12:55pm ET tomorrow... This is a notification just so you know and so you'd be ready :)

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Good idea about letting people know when they would probably be on the clock... so here it goes.

@loudnproudcolt, @aaron11, @chelsea_fc you are the managers who will be on the clock after @Coltfreak makes his selection or after his time expires. His time expires at about 12:55pm ET tomorrow... just so you know :)

Great idea to you and @NFLfan

2 hours ago, bap03Colts said:

No one else was trying to get the rest of the posters to guess their pick...that's why people were "screaming"

That is a fair point Bap.  You are correct.  Though I did not know that no one else had commented about their pick beforehand, when I logged on there were many posts and notifications to me already pushing for me to make a pick before I said anything at all.  I took all those initial posts as an interest in possibly debating or having some fun with the pick, which I tried to do but found people were very adamant about me picking right away.  .  

I did try to find anyone to trade with so I could move down in the first and acquire something to trade back into the late first/early second to make 2 picks   The Colts insist they don't need a RT.  We have a stop gap at Corner this year with our FA pickup and D'Joun.  Our D-line is much improved with Anderson, Parry and the return of a hopefully healthy Jones.  I didn't see an appropriate Rusher or ILB ((perhaps people wanted Noah Spence, I did not).  That left me with Neal and Kelly.  I feel we need depth and a future MONSTER (remember the one we're supposed to build) at Safety to cover for aging Adams (he has solid or better cover skills on every evaluation I found) and an unproven Geathers (Neal's also a large sized Thumper with speed and also ferocity ala Bob Sanders). I also like Kelly as our other most urgent position of need at C.  The list provided on this board listed Neal at #30 and Kelly at #49 (one pick after the Colts #2 pick as it stands).  He likely won't be there, but I couldn't make  trade, so what are you gonna do, it's just a bit of light fun.  I took the listed BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE of those two based on that ranking in the end because people were pushing for a pick and I thought I must have horribly set back the pace of the draft, so I pulled the trigger.  I didn't think I deserved ridicule, but I welcomed debate or discussion and provided AMPLE defense and reasoning for my pick.  All I got was dismissive statements like "indefensible" by a moderator who is supposed to keep the peace and enforce site rules, not greenlight ridicule so others feel free to follow suit.  .  

So tonight I got home, rushed to the computer, logged on and thought "man, I hope they aren't waiting on my second round pick" and was shocked barely any activity happened in more than a day.  

Thank you for your feedback, I take the blame for my part in causing any additional people to push for the pick.  But I don't accept the venom or ridicule or bullying over a pick on a mock draft.  It wasn't remotely good natured, and some took it as seriously as if it were real.   

3 hours ago, JPFolks said:

That is a fair point Bap.  You are correct.  Though I did not know that no one else had commented about their pick beforehand, when I logged on there were many posts and notifications to me already pushing for me to make a pick before I said anything at all.  I took all those initial posts as an interest in possibly debating or having some fun with the pick, which I tried to do but found people were very adamant about me picking right away.  .  

I did try to find anyone to trade with so I could move down in the first and acquire something to trade back into the late first/early second to make 2 picks   The Colts insist they don't need a RT.  We have a stop gap at Corner this year with our FA pickup and D'Joun.  Our D-line is much improved with Anderson, Parry and the return of a hopefully healthy Jones.  I didn't see an appropriate Rusher or ILB ((perhaps people wanted Noah Spence, I did not).  That left me with Neal and Kelly.  I feel we need depth and a future MONSTER (remember the one we're supposed to build) at Safety to cover for aging Adams (he has solid or better cover skills on every evaluation I found) and an unproven Geathers (Neal's also a large sized Thumper with speed and also ferocity ala Bob Sanders). I also like Kelly as our other most urgent position of need at C.  The list provided on this board listed Neal at #30 and Kelly at #49 (one pick after the Colts #2 pick as it stands).  He likely won't be there, but I couldn't make  trade, so what are you gonna do, it's just a bit of light fun.  I took the listed BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE of those two based on that ranking in the end because people were pushing for a pick and I thought I must have horribly set back the pace of the draft, so I pulled the trigger.  I didn't think I deserved ridicule, but I welcomed debate or discussion and provided AMPLE defense and reasoning for my pick.  All I got was dismissive statements like "indefensible" by a moderator who is supposed to keep the peace and enforce site rules, not greenlight ridicule so others feel free to follow suit.  .  

So tonight I got home, rushed to the computer, logged on and thought "man, I hope they aren't waiting on my second round pick" and was shocked barely any activity happened in more than a day.  

Thank you for your feedback, I take the blame for my part in causing any additional people to push for the pick.  But I don't accept the venom or ridicule or bullying over a pick on a mock draft.  It wasn't remotely good natured, and some took it as seriously as if it were real.   

Way too many take this way too serious. I am glad I didn't get into it. Something that is suppose to be fun turns out bad because some really think they are a real GM and are on the clock. I do feel for you this time around. Once again, some think their opinion is the only thing regardless.

4 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I completely agree with that last part. You can pick whoever you want, it's not going to hurt anyone despite what they may think lol

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Way too many take this way too serious. I am glad I didn't get into it. Something that is suppose to be fun turns out bad because some really think they are a real GM and are on the clock. I do feel for you this time around. Once again, some think their opinion is the only thing regardless.

Im also glad you didnt get into it. 

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Omg,    I think you are the one taking it so seriously.     You realize the Internet can be a cruel place,   yes?

10 hours ago, stitches said:

@loudnproudcolt, @aaron11, @chelsea_fc you are the managers of the 3 teams that select after the Bengals. @Coltfreak's time expires at about 12:55pm ET tomorrow... This is a notification just so you know and so you'd be ready :)

@NFLfan and I were talking about some ideas for next year and I'll keep them off here for now, but when this draft is over, I think you (or anyone, don't care who, but I thought since you're the mastermind behind this) should start a Suggestion Box thread and solicit ideas for next year.  I won't make too much about it on this thread, but one thing we discussed that I really thought was a good idea is to send invites (like a day or two before you open it up to everyone else) to forum members who are actually fans of other teams to see if they want to be the GM of their team.  I know that's a little unfair so I'd understand if we didn't go that route, but just a thought.  

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

@NFLfan and I were talking about some ideas for next year and I'll keep them off here for now, but when this draft is over, I think you (or anyone, don't care who, but I thought since you're the mastermind behind this) should start a Suggestion Box thread and solicit ideas for next year.  I won't make too much about it on this thread, but one thing we discussed that I really thought was a good idea is to send invites (like a day or two before you open it up to everyone else) to forum members who are actually fans of other teams to see if they want to be the GM of their team.  I know that's a little unfair so I'd understand if we didn't go that route, but just a thought.  

I would not mind messaging them or tagging them in a post to gauge their interest in participating. But I think we should invite those that we know are regulars and will not troll. There are not that many (QwizBoy,  The Old Crow, Yehoodi, a Bears fan, a Broncos fan). I believe there will still be many opportunities for Colts fans here to manage teams. 

Regardless of what we do, I'm going to make picks for TN's new spots even if we don't account for them.  

At # 15, the Titans select Corey Coleman.  The Titans have a possession receiver in Delanie Walker, a big deep threat in DGB, and this gives them a dynamic home run hitter that excels in YAC that could be utilized for bubble screens and slants.  One of Mariota's strengths is hitting those timing routes and getting it to the receiver in stride to maximize the play.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Technically with trade you aren't getting Tunsil so if we base who is available from the picks 1 to 14 Decker would the best option for Titans.

I know I'm not getting Tunsil.  And Decker is absolutely not the best pick.  I will not overdraft Decker by an entire round just so I can get an O-lineman,

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Do you have a crystal ball?

I have no idea where he'll go.  I'm saying he isn't very good.  He's a terrible pass blocker, good run blocker.  Does that sound like a guy trying to protect a franchise QB should take? 

1 minute ago, wig said:

I have no idea where he'll go.  I'm saying he isn't very good.  He's a terrible pass blocker, good run blocker.  Does that sound like a guy trying to protect a franchise QB should take? 

So if he is terrible why would he be a 2nd round pick?

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So if he is terrible why would he be a 2nd round pick?

I said he was a terrible pass blocker.  PFF has him at 4th in run blocking and 41st in pass protection over the last two years for reference.  That is terrible for a 1st rd pick.

He's a good enough run blocker, I think his best bet is to move inside to guard.  

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Thought I was taking over?

@stitches will have to weigh in on that.  Personally, I don't care if you take over for two teams.  I think if that's the case, trades between both of your teams would have to be subject to the overall approval of stitches.  But unless stitches gives the okay, I think all we can do is just go with what the current procedures are - which is that the Bengals draft the highest rated player.  

1 hour ago, wig said:

Regardless of what we do, I'm going to make picks for TN's new spots even if we don't account for them.  

At # 15, the Titans select Corey Coleman.  The Titans have a possession receiver in Delanie Walker, a big deep threat in DGB, and this gives them a dynamic home run hitter that excels in YAC that could be utilized for bubble screens and slants.  One of Mariota's strengths is hitting those timing routes and getting it to the receiver in stride to maximize the play.

We should do another draft in a few days, with the new order.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I saw that.  Well, he has just under 40 minutes, so we might as well wait the rest of the time.  If not, then he will just autodraft whoever is the highest rated player.

I know but the least he could do is say that he is still working on it.

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

@stitches will have to weigh in on that.  Personally, I don't care if you take over for two teams.  I think if that's the case, trades between both of your teams would have to be subject to the overall approval of stitches.  But unless stitches gives the okay, I think all we can do is just go with what the current procedures are - which is that the Bengals draft the highest rated player.  

@Coltfreakhas about 30 minutes to make his pick. If he doesn't and since we know he's logged in and has received a ton of notifications for it, I think it's reasonable to assign his team to somebody else( @danlhart87?)...