Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Well, there was like... Ragland at 10, which I thought was a surprise. Also, Buckner fell to 11 and Stanley to 13. If I were the Colts I would have tried to trade up to 10 for Buckner. I think he'd be worth it and is a great fit for 3-4.

Elliott at 4 and even Ramsey at 2 weren't what I expected.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Superman said:

Elliott at 4 and even Ramsey at 2 weren't what I expected.

I tried to trade down from the 4 but there wasn't any interest, so I drafted Elliot, who I think is one of the best football players in this draft and to add to it, he will be getting into as system and behind an o-line that elevates his skillset. I think it's one of the best matches in this draft. The only thing that could be used as a knock on the pick is the relative positional value of RBs in the league... but still if you are getting a pro-bowler for the next 4-5 years, I think it's worth it.

53 minutes ago, stitches said:

I tried to trade down from the 4 but there wasn't any interest, so I drafted Elliot, who I think is one of the best football players in this draft and to add to it, he will be getting into as system and behind an o-line that elevates his skillset. I think it's one of the best matches in this draft. The only thing that could be used as a knock on the pick is the relative positional value of RBs in the league... but still if you are getting a pro-bowler for the next 4-5 years, I think it's worth it.

I could see the Cowboys doing just that. I kind of hope they do. But for me, RBs in the first round aren't a good buy.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I could see the Cowboys doing just that. I kind of hope they do. But for me, RBs in the first round aren't a good buy.

My sense of the Cowboys is taking the defensive player they like the most at 4 (I have no idea who'd that be?)  and then take Derrick Henry at 34, the top of the 2nd round.

I think they either take another defensive player at the top of the 3rd,   or,  the finally pull the trigger and take the QB of the future at that round, or the 4th......

Seems to make the most sense to me....

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My sense of the Cowboys is taking the defensive player they like the most at 4 (I have no idea who'd that be?)  and then take Derrick Henry at 34, the top of the 2nd round.

I think they either take another defensive player at the top of the 3rd,   or,  the finally pull the trigger and take the QB of the future at that round, or the 4th......

Seems to make the most sense to me....

The cowboys also signed Alfred morris.   They might not go RB as early as most of us thought they might

10 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Last I checked ourlads seemed to think Stanley should be drafted over Tunsil... So there are some who are that high on him. 

I have the Athlon magazine and they "after much deliberation" put Stanley over Tunsil.  I didn't agree with their analysis - I think they undervalued Tunsil's technical ability and simply said something to the effect that both need ot increase their functional strength (which the latter is true).  But Tunsil is by far more technically proficient, especially in pass blocking.  You can make a case for Stanley to be a top 5 pick, but I don't think, IMO, you could make the case that Stanely is a better prospect .

1 hour ago, Track Guy said:

Last I checked ourlads seemed to think Stanley should be drafted over Tunsil... So there are some who are that high on him. 

Yeah I've heard a good number of people actually prefer Stanley, but I don't know much about linemen technique so I couldn't tell you who's better lol. I haven't seen Conklin mocked that high before though

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I have the Athlon magazine and they "after much deliberation" put Stanley over Tunsil.  I didn't agree with their analysis - I think they undervalued Tunsil's technical ability and simply said something to the effect that both need ot increase their functional strength (which the latter is true).  But Tunsil is by far more technically proficient, especially in pass blocking.  You can make a case for Stanley to be a top 5 pick, but I don't think, IMO, you could make the case that Stanely is a better prospect .

I rate Tunsil higher too, and I actually have Conklin above Stanley (which goes against conventional wisdom). I like Stanley enough though, he showed me a lot against Leonard Williams last year. I understand why some could put him at #1. 

1 minute ago, Track Guy said:

I rate Tunsil higher too, and I actually have Conklin above Stanley (which goes against conventional wisdom). I like Stanley enough though, he showed me a lot against Leonard Williams last year. I understand why some could put him at #1. 

I forgot, that was another thing they liked about him, was the number of guys he has gone against in his collegiate career.  I wish I could remember them all, but a lot of 1st/2nd rounders in that list from 2015 and potential 1st/2nd rounders for 2016.

1 hour ago, bap03Colts said:

Yeah I've heard a good number of people actually prefer Stanley, but I don't know much about linemen technique so I couldn't tell you who's better lol. I haven't seen Conklin mocked that high before though

I like Conklin a lot, but I doubt he goes #8 IRL. I think anywhere from 10 to 20 is more likely. Stanley has a better chance of cracking the top 10 imo.

1 OT  LAREMY TUNSIL - OLE MISS

2 CB  JALEN RAMSEY - FSU

3 OLB  MYLES JACK - UCLA

4 QB  JARED GOFF - CALIFORNIA

5 DE  JOEY BOSA - OHIO STATE

6 DE  DEFOREST BUCKNER - OREGON

7 RB  EZEKIEL ELLIOTT - OHIO STATE

8 CB  VERNON HARGREAVES III - FLORIDA

9 QB  CARSON WENTZ - NORTH DAKOTA STATE

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

12 WR  LAQUON TREADWELL - OLE MISS

13 DE  NOAH SPENCE - EASTERN KENTUCKY

14 DT  SHELDON RANKINS - LOUISVILLE

15 DE  SHAQ LAWSON - CLEMSON

16 CB  MACKENSIE ALEXANDER - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

18 OT  TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE

19 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR

20 OLB  LEONARD FLOYD - GEORGIA

21 OT  JACK CONKLIN - MICHIGAN STATE

22 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

23 ILB  REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA

24 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA STATE

25 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR

26 DE  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON

27 WR  MICHAEL THOMAS - OHIO STATE

28 CB  WILLIAM JACKSON III - HOUSTON

29 CB  ELI APPLE - OHIO STATE

30 OT  GERMAIN IFEDI - TEXAS A&M

31 S  KEANU NEAL - FLORIDA

32 QB  PAXTON LYNCH - MEMPHIS

This is the updated first round list.  Could a mod perhaps do these updates back on page one because soon we'll be looking at early second rounders as well and having it all on page 1 right under the draft board will be very helpful going forward.  Thanks @Superman @21isSuperman

19 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

1 OT  LAREMY TUNSIL - OLE MISS

2 CB  JALEN RAMSEY - FSU

3 OLB  MYLES JACK - UCLA

4 QB  JARED GOFF - CALIFORNIA

5 DE  JOEY BOSA - OHIO STATE

6 DE  DEFOREST BUCKNER - OREGON

7 RB  EZEKIEL ELLIOTT - OHIO STATE

8 CB  VERNON HARGREAVES III - FLORIDA

9 QB  CARSON WENTZ - NORTH DAKOTA STATE

10 OT  RONNIE STANLEY - NOTRE DAME

11 ILB  DARRON LEE - OHIO STATE

15 DE  SHAQ LAWSON - CLEMSON

17 DT  A'SHAWN ROBINSON - ALABAMA

21 OT  JACK CONKLIN - MICHIGAN STATE

23 ILB  REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA

This is the updated first round list.  Could a mod perhaps do these updates back on page one because soon we'll be looking at early second rounders as well and having it all on page 1 right under the draft board will be very helpful going forward.  Thanks @Superman @21isSuperman

I'm just keeping my own list going.  Just print it out or do a word file.  @21isSuperman @Superman aren't working for us.

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Sorry haha. Trying to balance work and this stuff, as well as having to wait for people to respond, takes time. I won't keep you guys waiting much longer. 

Your 12 hours are almost up. Then your pick will be Darron Lee. 

Maybe we should shorten the time for rounds 2-4...Say 4 hours per pick.  At least that way we'll have days where at minimum, you have 3 or 4 picks.  At the worst, we are guaranteed to get almost entirely through the 3rd round before the draft starts and, at best, we get through the 4th round (or longer if we decide to continue drafting through the 7th round - which I'm game for).

My sincere apologies for taking so long.  Busy day at work and trying to work trades with people over PM takes up a lot of time.  However, in the interest of making this thing go on along, I'll make a pick.

The Ravens are known for defense.  We really like what we have with Mosley, but our pass rush is somewhere we need to improve.  With that said, we also released Darryl Smith, so any upgrade to our LB corps. would be great.  In a division with runners like Le'Veon Bell and Jeremy Hill, you need LBs that can cover and tackle.  Because of this, we look to bring in a versatile linebacker who can rush the passer, but also has the speed to cover in the pass game.  Thus, with the 15th overall pick, the Ravens are happy to select Darron Lee, linebacker, Ohio State

@QwizBoy, the Texans are on the clock

Updated draft order and big board:

1. 01. Tennessee -- Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss

1. 02. Cleveland -- Jalen Ramsey, Florida State

1. 03. San Diego -- Myles Jack, UCLA

1. 04. Dallas -- Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State

1. 05. Jacksonville Tampa bay (trade) -- Joey Bosa, Ohio State

1. 06. Baltimore Los Angeles (trade) -- Carson Wentz, North Dakota State

1. 07. San Francisco -- Jared Goff, California

1. 08. Philadelphia from Miami -- Jack Conklin, Michigan State

1. 09. Tampa Bay Jacksonville (trade) -- Vernon Hargreaves, Florida

1. 10. New York Giants -- Reggie Ragland, Alabama

1. 11. Chicago -- DeForest Buckner, Oregon

1. 12. New Orleans -- Shaq Lawson, Clemson

1. 13. Miami from Philadelphia (trade) Detroit -- Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame

1. 14. Oakland (trade) San Diego -- A'Shawn Robinson, Alabama

1. 15. Los Angeles Baltimore -- Darron Lee, Ohio State

1. 16. Detroit Miami (trade) Houston

1. 17. Atlanta

1. 18. Indianapolis

1. 19. Buffalo

1. 20. New York Jets

1. 21. Washington

1. 22. Houston (trade, see #16) Miami

1. 23. Minnesota

1. 24. Cincinnati

1. 25. Pittsburgh

1. 26. Seattle

1. 27. Green Bay

1. 28. Kansas City

1. 29. Arizona

1. 30. Carolina (trade) Tampa Bay -- 

1. 31. Denver

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Just messing with man

No worries.  I understand it can be frustrating having to wait for someone, and I feel bad making people wait.  Ideally, we could have discussions by phone or in-person, so things are much more expeditious.  But this is the best system we have right now.  Sorry again for the wait!  Things are moving right along again

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The Lions for sure - they needed an OT so bad (not surprising I lost the bid war to move into Superman's spot, but Lions gave up a 2nd just go get him).  

Yep...if they had decided to go after Treadwell instead, I would've snagged Stanley if he wasn't already selected by the time I picked. I'm almost positive I would've had to move up regardless lol.

18 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The Lions for sure - they needed an OT so bad (not surprising I lost the bid war to move into Superman's spot, but Lions gave up a 2nd just go get him).  

13 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep...if they had decided to go after Treadwell instead, I would've snagged Stanley if he wasn't already selected by the time I picked. I'm almost positive I would've had to move up regardless lol.

Making dreams come true every day.