Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

texans

OLD FAN MAN

1 hour ago, jim scheurich said:

Not worried about Tennessee?  Got Best draft spot, + 2nd best last year.

I actually like Tennessee to finish 2nd.....just not overly impressed with their hiring of Mike Malarkey. They have invested a lot into that Oline...they need to start seeing results.

8 hours ago, get an 0-line said:

are the Texans going to run away with the afc south, after the upgrades they made in the off season?

They made upgrades, yes...question is how much are they really gonna pay off? Brock is faaaaarrr from a proven successful franchise QB that will be able to lead them night in ans.night out and play at a high level consistently. So he untill he proves himself...I don't consider that a big or great signing especially considering how much they paid him. And yeah they signed a good offensive linemen and a RB. Nice but nothing special or magnificent. I think they have improved...but I don't think it's  by any major leaps or bounds. Now Jacksonville...that coukd be a different story. 

The Texans won't run away with the South, but I see them as the favorites. Osweiller is worth 2 extra wins IMO, and that's all the Texans need to win the division. I don't think they will beat the Pats or Broncos in the playoffs, but the Osweiller signing makes them top dog as far as I'm concerned. Their defense dwarfs ours, we have better WRs, but they have the best WR in the division in Hopkins. We have the top QB, and our O-Lines both stink. It's going to be a battle of Luck Vs the Texans Def again, this time though, they have a better chance of scoring back. We need another great draft. It can definitely happen, but I'd like to make some sort of move to acquire extra picks.

They did well last year because Andrew Luck was hurt.  We went through 5 QB's and still went 8-8.  The last game between the Texans and the Colts, where the TExans won by a few points, settled the AFC South.  Hasselbeck was playing hurt.  

It isn't any secret that the Broncos wont the SB not because of Osweiler (or Manning) but because of the D.

38 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

They did well last year because Andrew Luck was hurt.  We went through 5 QB's and still went 8-8.  The last game between the Texans and the Colts, where the TExans won by a few points, settled the AFC South.  Hasselbeck was playing hurt.  

It isn't any secret that the Broncos wont the SB not because of Osweiler (or Manning) but because of the D.

To be fair, weren't the Texans playing with Brandon Weeden?  Having said that I don't know what people see in Osweiler.  He will the 4th best QB in the south.

10 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Jacksonville worries me more than Houston. Jacksonville is going to break out watch :) 

I agree they are building the legion of boom 2.0 down there . Tennessee could break out also Mariota was on pace to break Lucks rookie records if he can stay upright an healthy they could become contenders for the division .

11 hours ago, BOTT said:

I actually like Tennessee to finish 2nd.....just not overly impressed with their hiring of Mike Malarkey. They have invested a lot into that Oline...they need to start seeing results.

Yeah, looks like they might get the best olineman in the draft. id look for them to really pick it up this year.

This is not my two cents, but what is coming from Vegas, and generally there information is pretty good as far as who is going to do what. Colts are still the favorite to win the division. The odds before Free Agency as far as the division were Indy 5/12 favorites. Houston was 2/1, Jacksonville 9/2, and Tenn. 12/1.

Ok, I know you are saying that was before FA, but if you look at the odds to win the SB, it shows you Vegas just does not have a lot of faith in how much FA does for teams. Odds to win SB. Indy is +1600, Houston +2800,

Jacksonville +8400, and Tenn. +12,000. So you can translate that to Indy still being a large favorite to win the division despite FA, which I think most teams will regret.

Oh and as far as the Legion of Boom, Jacksonville had a win total before FA of over/under 6 1/2 games, so it does not look like they are ready to be Seattle yet. The article did say though Jacksonville opened up at O/U 6 games, and a lot of money poured in on them, so the public thinks they have improved.

The one thing I know is I don't really know! Vegas proves that to me each year! They are very smart!

I want to see how the Draft goes before I predict anything. If I feel really good about the Draft with who we choose then that will make a difference with me as far predicting how many wins may have, etc.. I will say this if Andrew stays completely healthy as do our WR's along with Allen I see no reason why we cant at least win 9 games at worse, as in a winning season. I think 10 wins will win the Division IMO and if our Draft goes well we should be in the 10-11 win range again if health is on our side.

Nah. I'm not worried at all. In fact I think we run away with the division. Overconfidence? Sure. But at the end of the day, Jacksonville, Houston and Tennessee don't have Andrew Luck. Titans I think will do will. Just because the Jags and Titans got a bunch of players in FA don't mean they gonna win the division (see Eagles 2011)

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want to see how the Draft goes before I predict anything. If I feel really good about the Draft with who we choose then that will make a difference with me as far predicting how many wins may have, etc.. I will say this if Andrew stays completely healthy as do our WR's along with Allen I see no reason why we cant at least win 9 games at worse, as in a winning season. I think 10 wins will win the Division IMO and if our Draft goes well we should be in the 10-11 win range again if health is on our side.

Agreed. Key point, Luck staying healthy. By adding a couple good OL prospects along with defense, I can see Indy winning the division outright. I really think this has to happen, not only for this upcoming season, but for several thereafter. 

The major sticking point is the Playoffs. Without protecting Luck & intensifying the defense, no matter how the AFC South is won by the Colts, advancing any further is just not in the cards. 

If our defense can get past the status of mediocrity & win just a couple games on their own merit alone every season? That's a huge shot in the arm for any team. A difference. A force. Most Super Bowl winners & participants carry very good, great defensive squads. I've been hoping this for the Colts since 2006, when our defense rose above the fray of "Soft" via one Bob Sanders & spilled over into that Playoff run & eventual Super Bowl victory. 

On 4/2/2016 at 11:36 PM, Hoosiernsavga said:

Jacksonville worries me more than Houston. Jacksonville is going to break out watch :) 

They have the makings of a great offense. Bortles, robinson, hurns TJ yeldon and irovy will be very dangerous. Plus there defense will be better which will help

The only thing the Texans ever "ran away" with was the cellar. Doesn't everything their season will be depend on the Osweillers' talent or lack of it? Titans should give us the most trouble but lets not forget Luck, if he is on his game this season the Colts will own them all. The Texans paid a kings ransom for Osweiller and he has proved nothing by NFL standards.

This division isn't going to be the pushover it once was I think.  

Houston, Indy and Jacksonville all have a legit shot to win the division this year.  And Tennessee could surprise, although I don't think they will win it. 

Colts need to get their act together and put some talent around Luck.  We very well could be a division that has 4 legit franchise caliber QB's in it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On April 2, 2016 at 8:00 PM, get an 0-line said:

are the Texans going to run away with the afc south, after the upgrades they made in the off season?

Considering that your question was posted on April Fools Day, was this inquiry a joke or am I supposed to answer it seriously? Just Joking! 

Houston with Brock Osweiler has definitely improved at the QB spot. I'm looking forward to see how far the Texans have come. Let er roll, Let er roll, Let er roll!