Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dungy Shocked About Caldwell Firing.

ColtsPacersfan

Well, I guess he is the only one that is. I really hope he does not feel that way. I thought he was smarter then that. I hope its just being a good friend of Caldwell's, he is saying that is shocked but deep down inside he knew. But if he is actually shocked. Um Dungy were you watching for the past 3 years? Did you watch some of the bone headed moves during important and close games?

http://www.wishtv.co...caldwell-firing

"Dungy told WISH-TV he felt the timing of the Caldwell decision could have been better."

It could have also been a little bit worse. They could have told him yesterday on his birthday.

That would have been terrible. I could just imagine.

Grigson and Irsay: Hey Jim, we got you a present. (Hands JC a box)

Jim Caldwell: Hey thanks guys. (Opens the box and pulls out a pink slip)

I could just imagine the look on his face.

1287653551.jpg

That would have been terrible. I could just imagine.

Grigson and Irsay: Hey Jim, we got you a present. (Hands JC a box)

Jim Caldwell: Hey thanks guys. (Opens the box and pulls out a pink slip)

I could just imagine the look on his face.

And then Grigson looks at him all smug-like and says:

ryan%20grigson.jpg

"Now you can spend more time at Wake Forest!"

Well, I guess he is the only one that is. I really hope he does not feel that way. I thought he was smarter then that. I hope its just being a good friend of Caldwell's, he is saying that is shocked but deep down inside he knew. But if he is actually shocked. Um Dungy were you watching for the past 3 years? Did you watch some of the bone headed moves during important and close games?

Caldwell never got the credit he deserved for the colts success so it makes no sense to put all the blame on him for their failures... despite the head coach being gone the colts still have the same team... from what was being said yesterday im sure everyone was a little surprised to hear caldwell was being fired because the decision wasnt made until today.

I'm not saying Dungy wasn't a good coach but a lot of times it seems he doesn't have a clue concerning football matters.

This is why fans are fans instead of GM's and so forth... Dungy is arguably one of the best HC in football, while his tampa 2 scheme is expired in its time it was the best, so yea i would say his stance on football matters is vast... if it wasnt im sure he wouldnt be where he is right now.

This is why fans are fans instead of GM's and so forth... Dungy is arguably one of the best HC in football, while his tampa 2 scheme is expired in its time it was the best, so yea i would say his stance on football matters is vast... if it wasnt im sure he wouldnt be where he is right now.

You mean????

Right up there with Rodney Harrison ! ! !

I always thought it was a mistake to allow Dungy to basically name his successor.

I think he was more interested in giving the job to a good man, rather than a good coach.

I cannot put my finger on it, I never had just cause to feel this way, but when Caldwell was named coach I didn't feel good about it. It was a completely uninformed and factually ignorant opinion to develop on sight, purely instinctual, but I didn't like the guy as a coach from day 1and I cannot even say why.

I just think we should stop dogging on Caldwell now :). He did his best with what was given to him. The talent level was not close to what Dungy had in 2004-2007, if you want to compare the Colts teams. Veteran players, young players, and even players on their way out like Justin Tryon went an extra mile to defend him, that has to mean something.

He may not have been the best coach for us, or the best coaching hire, but he did the best with what he had and could. The key moving forward are our co-ordinators, our next head coach could be a play calling coach from the sidelines, IMO, ala Sean Payton or Jason Garrett.

You are moving into dangerous territory my friend.

Why is this? He could have made Moore or Mudd Head coach. These two guys had 40 years coaching just with the Colts organization. Dungy picks a assistant for the job. I think Dungy was looking out for a brother and Polian new he was just what he was looking for. A yes man without a clue. This doesn't mean Dungy or Caldwell are bad men. I have said this before, If they offered me the Job, I would take it too. For that kind of money, what the heck. Dungy has been running his mouth a lot lately. He would have never been to a superbowl without Manning. He had the best defense for years in Tampa and could not get it done.

Again, Dungy is a good guy, but another guy I don't feel has had the success he could have had at Tampa or Indy and no that is not a knock on him. Just saying I just don't think golly gee we'll get em next time works anymore. And I think his opinion on this is, that it should have been done earlier so Caldwell could seek another HC job, which in my opinion is a pipe dream.

Why is this? He could have made Moore or Mudd Head coach. These two guys had 40 years coaching just with the Colts organization. Dungy picks a assistant for the job. I think Dungy was looking out for a brother and Polian new he was just what he was looking for. A yes man without a clue. This doesn't mean Dungy or Caldwell are bad men. I have said this before, If they offered me the Job, I would take it too. For that kind of money, what the heck. Dungy has been running his mouth a lot lately. He would have never been to a superbowl without Manning. He had the best defense for years in Tampa and could not get it done.

I can't wait for people´s reaction to your post! Gonna be freaking funny

I'm not touching that with a 20 foot pole

Your bias against Dungy just bleeds through at the end. Its apparent you didn't like him either. That's fine even though he was instrumental in the Colts success the last decade. Why bring the race card into this? Dungy just made the mistake that a good man makes a good coach, which it does, just need more than that.

It is hard to tell how someone will perform a task until they are forced to actually do it. A person may seem to have all of the right tools, but when it comes time to get the job done, maybe they just can't handle it for whatever reason. I think most of us can remember a time in our own lives when we thought we were up to a challenge, only to find out that maybe we got in over our heads a little. Dungy gave Caldwell a shot, Caldwell didn't work out, so now the team has to move on and try something different. Neither person is to blame. Its just one of those things that happens. I am escited about the future of this team, though.

He may not have been the best coach for us, or the best coaching hire, but he did the best with what he had and could. The key moving forward are our co-ordinators, our next head coach could be a play calling coach from the sidelines, IMO, ala Sean Payton or Jason Garrett.

Don't hire Jason Garrett unless you want more bad timeouts that cost your team a victory. This guy froze his own kicker amid many other clock management mistakes.

It is hard to tell how someone will perform a task until they are forced to actually do it. A person may seem to have all of the right tools, but when it comes time to get the job done, maybe they just can't handle it for whatever reason. I think most of us can remember a time in our own lives when we thought we were up to a challenge, only to find out that maybe we got in over our heads a little. Dungy gave Caldwell a shot, Caldwell didn't work out, so now the team has to move on and try something different. Neither person is to blame. Its just one of those things that happens. I am escited about the future of this team, though.

^^All this is why I want a proven guy. We missed out on Fisher, but I'm not sure if he would even have been considered. If there was a chance in signing Fisher, than keeping Caldwell around for 2 unnecessary weeks means it cost us a shot at a very good coach.

Not so sure he was one of the best, a very good coach, but with all the talent he coached and to only have 1 title, not so sure he is even top 30. In my opinion.

Not so sure he was one of the best, a very good coach, but with all the talent he coached and to only have 1 title, not so sure he is even top 30. In my opinion.

Name how many coaches have actually won the Superbowl..... then name how many have been to the playoffs over 7times..... then name how many coaches have coached in the NFL.... then you have your answer. If in your opinion he's not in the top 30 then your opinion, well ill just leave that one blank.

Name how many coaches have actually won the Superbowl..... then name how many have been to the playoffs over 7times..... then name how many coaches have coached in the NFL.... then you have your answer. If in your opinion he's not in the top 30 then your opinion, well ill just leave that one blank.

I am busy at work,but here are a few. I am a Dungy fan, by the way.

v. lombardi, g. halas, c.lambeau,c. noll, p. brown, w. ewbank,d. shula, b.belicek,j.gibbs,b.walsh,t.landry, b.parcells, m.shanahan, j.madden, t.flores, d.reeves, b.grant, j.johnson, b.cowher,h.stram,m.holmgren, g. siefert. That is just 22 of my head. I will look further when I get home. It is very hard to judge someones opinion, remember opinions are like,well you, we are all entitled to one rather it is right or wrong.Again T. Dungy was a very good coach, but in my opinion, not better than any of these.

I am busy at work,but here are a few. I am a Dungy fan, by the way.

v. lombardi, g. halas, c.lambeau,c. noll, p. brown, w. ewbank,d. shula, b.belicek,j.gibbs,b.walsh,t.landry, b.parcells, m.shanahan, j.madden, t.flores, d.reeves, b.grant, j.johnson, b.cowher,h.stram,m.holmgren, g. siefert. That is just 22 of my head. I will look further when I get home. It is very hard to judge someones opinion, remember opinions are like,well you, we are all entitled to one rather it is right or wrong.Again T. Dungy was a very good coach, but in my opinion, not better than any of these.

There's about 75 I believe out of the hundreds of coaches that have passed through the NFL Dungy was on of those that won a Superbowl. I don't seen how you can say holmgren or George is better than Dungy especially after what dunguy was able to accomplish with his team.

There's about 75 I believe out of the hundreds of coaches that have passed through the NFL Dungy was on of those that won a Superbowl. I don't seen how you can say holmgren or George is better than Dungy especially after what dunguy was able to accomplish with his team.

You mean Peyton's team, don't you?

I just think we should stop dogging on Caldwell now :). He did his best with what was given to him. The talent level was not close to what Dungy had in 2004-2007, if you want to compare the Colts teams. Veteran players, young players, and even players on their way out like Justin Tryon went an extra mile to defend him, that has to mean something.

My sentiments exactly. Everyone from players on up keep bragging on Caldwell. I can't help but think Mathis was right when he said JC's hands were tied.

We aren't talking about Rodney Harrison are we

My mistake, I though that's where he is right now.