Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson to sign with the Ravens

MTC

I guess he passed his physical. Says the Ravens signed him.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7462/trent-richardson

What I find astounding is he had also worked out for the Broncos and Bills, and neither team must have liked what they saw, so I don't know what the Ravens see in this guy, unless they need a human garbage disposal for excess cafeteria waste.

6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

What I find astounding is he had also worked out for the Broncos and Bills, and neither team must have liked what they saw, so I don't know what the Ravens see in this guy, unless they need a human garbage disposal for excess cafeteria waste.

Its all about Ozzie going to Alabama, same as Richardson. I don't get this signing at all. The Ravens are good at reclamation projects , but I think this is a bridge too far. 

On February 27, 2016 at 1:55 AM, ReMeDy said:

Saban called in a favor.

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

20150914.jpg

Wow, Alabama Trent Richardson looks shredded and lean! He looks like a physical specimen descended from Mt. Olympus. Trent Richardson on the right looks like he thought he was going to play o-line.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

apparently he failed the physical. ravens let him know they would sign him once he reaches a target physical condition (weight) 

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Still-Plan-On-Signing-Running-Back-Trent-Richardson/b77299a8-f67a-48ae-a6ff-489fb3856c1e

While they're at it, they should copy paste that message to JaMarcus Russell. Speaking of Russell, Trent is going to look like him one of these days.

jamarcus-russell-fat.jpg

Ozzie Newsome, what the hades are you doing? I hold you in high regard as a GM, but this move is dumbfounding man. Did Richardson protect a relative of yours from getting beat up at Alabama or something?

That's the only way this move makes sense...As a last ditch favor to Trent. 

11 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

apparently he failed the physical. ravens let him know they would sign him once he reaches a target physical condition (weight) 

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Still-Plan-On-Signing-Running-Back-Trent-Richardson/b77299a8-f67a-48ae-a6ff-489fb3856c1e

I wonder what Ray Rice is thinking right now? Richardson is basically told that he's assured a roster spot meanwhile Rice is viewed as a garbage back where he won a SB ring. Ouch...I feel your pain Ray Ray. 

On February 26, 2016 at 7:19 AM, The Old Crow said:

Its all about Ozzie going to Alabama, same as Richardson. I don't get this signing at all. The Ravens are good at reclamation projects , but I think this is a bridge too far. 

You can say that again TOC my friend. Similar to that scene in "Thelma & Louise" where 2 ladies plunge their car into the Grand Canyon...

37 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

While they're at it, they should copy paste that message to JaMarcus Russell. Speaking of Russell, Trent is going to look like him one of these days.

jamarcus-russell-fat.jpg

LOL! Your picture there is a perfect illustration of why NFL franchises should be leery of putting way too much emphasis on a flawless college Pro day for team scouts & coaches RMDY. Well played. 

23 hours ago, southwest1 said:

LOL! Your picture there is a perfect illustration of why NFL franchises should be leery of putting way too much emphasis on a flawless college Pro day for team scouts & coaches RMDY. Well played. 

It's a sad day that literally a 50 year old Joely Richardson is a better RB than Trent Richardson.

On 3/24/2016 at 10:50 PM, rock8591 said:

What about this photo of JaMarcus Russell? :)

jamarcus-russell-fat.jpg

And here's one of Terrence Cody.

terrence-cody-fat.jpg

Just to be clear, as a guy, even though I liked this, that doesn't mean I like Terrence Cody's sagging man boobs. Women though would kill to have such ample assets.

there is an article on NFL.com where he claims its easy to get lazy in the NFL, which to me speaks to character more than anything, he didnt want to stay in shape and work the hours needed to keep up to speed.

Maybe he has changed now? i highly doubt it lol it is very unlikely he makes the ravens 53. on a side note whoever posted this^, gross, those are bigger than my GF(and she told me to post that)

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

there is an article on NFL.com where he claims its easy to get lazy in the NFL, which to me speaks to character more than anything, he didnt want to stay in shape and work the hours needed to keep up to speed.

Maybe he has changed now? i highly doubt it lol it is very unlikely he makes the ravens 53. on a side note whoever posted this^, gross, those are bigger than my GF(and she told me to post that)

You are 100% correct. All these NFL players have all the people around them to help them keep in shape. They have conditioning coaches, dietitians and doctors anytime they wish. They also can afford personal trainers if they have a problem with controlling themselves.

8 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yea, he can say the NFL makes a person lazy, but that doesn't change the fact it's not affecting a ton of other NFL athletes. Look at the work ethic of Jerry Rice, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Manning, etc. I'm sure their motivation to work hard was because they loved football. Is Trent saying he doesn't love the sport? Maybe he needs to rethink his priorities in life, retire, and find something he can be passionate about.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

"Richardson worked out for the Ravens early last month, but left without a contract. Coach John Harbaugh said at the NFL Annual Meeting that Baltimore had an unofficial agreement with Richardson, adding that he hoped no team swooped in and made a better offer for the running back.

No one did."

Haha,    shocker

On 2/24/2016 at 5:46 PM, ReMeDy said:

I'd even take my chances with Barry Sanders on a vet minimum, at 47 yrs old.

Herschel Walker was on the Dan Patrick show recently in peak physical shape and said (if I remember correctly) he could still run within like .1 of a second of his college 40 time and he looked like Lebron James (i.e. mega ripped) physically. He said he could easily still play in the NFL but just didn't have the interest.  I have no idea if he COULD actually do it, but if he asked, I would give him a try out before TR.  

On 2/26/2016 at 1:55 AM, ReMeDy said:

Well, to be fair, the Ravens took another Colts reject Justin Forsett and did pretty well with him.  So who knows? 

On 3/26/2016 at 11:37 PM, ReMeDy said:

Just to be clear, as a guy, even though I liked this, that doesn't mean I like Terrence Cody's sagging man boobs. Women though would kill to have such ample assets.

I have to admit I laughed at this post. And just WOW......Terrence Cody needs a literal bra IMO.

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

I have to admit I laughed at this post. And just WOW......Terrence Cody needs a literal bra IMO.

Cody is a loser on many levels. He was convicted on animal cruelty as his dog starved to death, and he neglected his pet alligator ! Sounds weird , but it's true . 

I can't fathom why anyone would touch a guy who couldn't cut it with the Browns or Raiders. The Ravens can't be that desperate for a RB can they? There's so many young and actually talented RBs in the upcoming draft. Has to be some type of favor or something.