Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne taking shots at Peyton of years with Colts

bap1331

I highly doubt it's he's doing it because he doesn't like him. I'm sure it's for motivation.

He said stuff like "great regular season qb, struggles in the playoffs"

And said it wasn't his fault for the porter interception. He keep saying bad stuff about peyton.

It hurts peyton to sit next to Eli at the table knowing he has more super bowl rings than him. -reggie

He wasn't take a shot at him. I watched the segment this morning. He was tired of people saying he was responsible for the INT in the super bowl against the Saints. Reggie says they ran the same play a few times and the CB jumped the route. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. I remember the play vividly, it was on Peyton. 

2 minutes ago, Feardaneard said:

He wasn't take a shot at him. I watched the segment this morning. He was tired of people saying he was responsible for the INT in the super bowl against the Saints. Reggie says they ran the same play a few times and the CB jumped the route. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. I remember the play vividly, it was on Peyton. 

That's cool. But if the other stuff about the regular season is true then that's a head scratcher. 

6 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

That's cool. But if the other stuff about the regular season is true then that's a head scratcher. 

Oh it goes beyond that. Hes been talking other stuff all morning. Now all of a sudden he's talking good about peyton. Typical media stuff.

He said he needs to take advantage that he actually has a top 10 defense now. Wow...

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

He's entitled to his opinion.  Lord knows everyone on here has one, so why shouldn't he...?? haha

I got that. But you don't see dungy bashing on his colts. You know? Peyton played his heart out every game and we can never know what play they chose or how the play was supposed to go. Could've been a miscommunication.

Colts players don't talk bad about their organization. Once it's happened, it's the past. Nothing you can do about it. You live and you learn.

Reggie has his super bowl ring and he should be proud of it.

2 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

I got that. But you don't see dungy bashing on his colts. You know? Peyton played his heart out every game and we can never know what play they chose or how the play was supposed to go. Could've been a miscommunication.

Colts players don't talk bad about their organization. Once it's happened, it's the past. Nothing you can do about it. You live and you learn.

Reggie has his super bowl ring and he should be proud of it.

Preaching to the choir here...   I completely agree.   You know how I feel about Peyton.

Just saying, Reggie is entitled to his opinion.  Doesn't mean I agree with him.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Wayne is right. More often than not Manning has underperformed.

Not when he was with the Colts. And yes, that includes the Playoffs. Our DEFENSE under-performed during many Playoff runs. Many. To lay everything at the feet of Peyton Manning is ridiculous IMO. Whether that's Indy or Denver. Yeah, this year a little different. Injury. It happens.

26 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Not when he was with the Colts. And yes, that includes the Playoffs. Our DEFENSE under-performed during many Playoff runs. Many. To lay everything at the feet of Peyton Manning is ridiculous IMO. Whether that's Indy or Denver. Yeah, this year a little different. Injury. It happens.

I never said the defense didn't underperform in those years. I didn't lay "everything at Manning's feet". You're reading out of my sentence what you want to read, but I haven't even implied that Manning was solely to blame. But it seem to be a pattern with people here and on other boards.. this "It was the defense - dont put everything on Manning"-narrative, when often people who critize Manning mention other factors besides Manning.

Now, back to Manning. Yes, he has underperformed in the post season as the statistics show. Compared to his regular season numbers there are a drop. Now, many QBs have worse stats in the playoffs, but Manning's TD:Int ratio and his passer ratings are significantly worse than his regular season numbers. More so than Brady or Montana who by many is regarded as the best of all time,

You can contribute that to other factors, but as starting QB Manning was a big part of his own drop in quality (like he was a big part of his high quality in the regular season). I can't fathom how some Colts fan still can't admit that Manning himself is a big reason for his own post season struggles.

26 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Yea I remember when the jets ran all over us back in 2008 I believe. And peyton had to play catchup.

1 hour ago, bap1331 said:

I highly doubt it's he's doing it because he doesn't like him. I'm sure it's for motivation.

And said it wasn't his fault for the porter interception. He keep saying bad stuff about peyton.

It hurts peyton to sit next to Eli at the table knowing he has more super bowl rings than him. -reggie

I think I need to see this for myself or have someone chime in who did see it that I trust.  I have very little faith that you would be able to discern and interpret what Wayne actually said, let alone translate it here.

1 hour ago, Feardaneard said:

I didn't see it as Reggie taking a shot at Peyton either. I have been watching the whole morning and I think Reggie brought up a bunch of valid points that I agree with.

No No,. He said that Peyton HEARS how he's a great regular season QB.

He also said that HE could have done more on the Porter interception but that Porter jumped the play and it might not have mattered what he did.

He didnt blame Peyton. What he was saying what..there's no blame..

..and he said this game is about much more than Tom Brady to Peyton,. That he wants his second ring lfor bragging rights with his brother.

You must have misunderstood

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think I need to see this for myself or have someone chime in who did see it that I trust.  I have very little faith that you would be able to discern and interpret what Wayne actually said, let alone translate it here.

I watched everything Reggie was saying, to me he basically spoke the truth. Saying stuff like this game is bigger for Peyton's legacy, he needs to win this game more than Tom to match his brother in Rings, etc..

"Taking shots" is kinda stupid to say.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000627411/article/wayne-more-on-line-sunday-for-peyton-than-brady

"It's a great legacy quarterback and I'm part of that, also. And when it comes to the postseason, he struggles. There's a lot of one-and-dones in there," Wayne said. "I just think this is a bigger -- it's bigger for him to get this. Seventeenth time going up against Tom Brady. If you look at the wins versus losses, it favorsTom Brady. So I think it's a bigger situation for Peyton."

Okay he did say he struggles.......but he explained himself well.

"It's a huge legacy for Peyton Manning because as we all know, he's on the back-end of his football career," Wayne said. "And then he's going against his arch-nemesis Tom Brady. The schedule during the regular season is built around these two great quarterbacks, and so now they're in the playoffs. So if Peyton can't beat Tom Brady, the stigma will be, well he's one of the greatest regular-season quarterbacks to ever play the game."

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

"Taking shots" is kinda stupid to say.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000627411/article/wayne-more-on-line-sunday-for-peyton-than-brady

Okay he did say he struggles.......but he explained himself well.

Thanks.  I admit I didn't watch the show or hear him say.  I was just reading comments on here.  

This makes sense.

Team game sure, but I don't think Brady and his fans feel as much urgency to stand up for him as Peyton's fans do lately.

I also think at times this Brady comparison has been a dark cloud over many Colts fans for many many years. And sometimes I get tired of it all and I don't even bother with it in my own head and it can become irritating to always read and hear. I am pretty happy at times with what we accomplished in the Manning years and all the great players we had and Dungy etc. I don't need to bring myself down a lot to compare it all to the Patriots. If you play the what if game or comparison game you will always feel bad since it continues on now with Luck and our struggles with NE.

Breaking news: NFL teams have issues vs. the Patriots. Nothing new.

bap, with a headline like this topic, you'd make a great Yahoo front page article writer. You definitely got my click!

I am sad to see that he said these things. About the one and dones, how many times did he get a bye? That is the same as winning one game. Some QBs get their pad their playoff record by beating up on wild card teams every year. Also, in how many of those one and dones did Peyton drag a team into the playoffs that really had no business being there? His playoff stats are nearly identical to his regular season stats. I seem to remember Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison disappearing in some playoff games. There are two sides to every story.

1 hour ago, James said:

I never said the defense didn't underperform in those years. I didn't lay "everything at Manning's feet". You're reading out of my sentence what you want to read, but I haven't even implied that Manning was solely to blame. But it seem to be a pattern with people here and on other boards.. this "It was the defense - dont put everything on Manning"-narrative, when often people who critize Manning mention other factors besides Manning.

Now, back to Manning. Yes, he has underperformed in the post season as the statistics show. Compared to his regular season numbers there are a drop. Now, many QBs have worse stats in the playoffs, but Manning's TD:Int ratio and his passer ratings are significantly worse than his regular season numbers. More so than Brady or Montana who by many is regarded as the best of all time,

You can contribute that to other factors, but as starting QB Manning was a big part of his own drop in quality (like he was a big part of his high quality in the regular season). I can't fathom how some Colts fan still can't admit that Manning himself is a big reason for his own post season struggles.

So, you admit the defense under-performed during the Playoffs. Then, you turn around and say Colts fans can't admit that Manning is a big reason for his own post season struggles. Which is it?

You wrote TWO wide-sweeping sentences in your first post. "Wayne is right. More often than not Manning has underperformed." You didn't specify as to what that was. What am I, Marvin the Mindreader? I answered you correctly. You cannot write a sentence of singularity without indifference.

And, I STILL stand by my statement. The Colts defense lost the majority of those Playoff games during his tenure with the Colts. To say otherwise & completely disregard that as to lay underperformance by Manning to the reason why exclusively is ludicrous.

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No No,. He said that Peyton HEARS how he's a great regular season QB.

He also said that HE could have done more on the Porter interception but that Porter jumped the play and it might not have mattered what he did.

He didnt blame Peyton. What he was saying what..there's no blame..

..and he said this game is about much more than Tom Brady to Peyton,. That he wants his second ring lfor bragging rights with his brother.

You must have misunderstood

But it don't make for good argument. It's sad that forum members use media mentality.

1 hour ago, ColtRider said:

To say anyone was

25 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

So, you admit the defense under-performed during the Playoffs. Then, you turn around and say Colts fans can't admit that Manning is a big reason for his own post season struggles. Which is it?

You wrote TWO wide-sweeping sentences in your first post. "Wayne is right. More often than not Manning has underperformed." You didn't specify as to what that was. What am I, Marvin the Mindreader? I answered you correctly. You cannot write a sentence of singularity without indifference.

And, I STILL stand by my statement. The Colts defense lost the majority of those Playoff games during his tenure with the Colts. To say otherwise & completely disregard that as to lay underperformance by Manning to the reason why exclusively is ludicrous.

Actually, our defense in the Manning years gave up just below the Historical average in points allowed per game. Your Goat had 3 touchdowns & 7 interceptions on his SB run. lmao
 Manning sucked in Many playoff games, believing his passing was more important than having a balanced attack. 

Ho hum, the same way he operated during the regular season, on his way to His MVP awards
 and his prodigious history of Many one and done`s. HOMER! Pix six today!

1 hour ago, James said:

A pick six, and pulled from the game for the 2nd half like his last college game?

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

To say anyone was

Actually, our defense in the Manning years gave up just below the Historical average in points allowed per game. Your Goat had 3 touchdowns & 7 interceptions on his SB run. lmao
 Manning sucked in Many playoff games, believing his passing was more important than having a balanced attack. 

Ho hum, the same way he operated during the regular season, on his way to His MVP awards

What was strange about Peyton's SB run was 5 of his INT's came in the first 2 games vs KC and at Baltimore. In his games against the Pats and Bears when it really counted he had 2 TD's and only 2 INT's + converted a big 2 point conversion against the Pats and he had nearly 600 Yards passing as well. He played Good in that AFC Title Game and SB. He threw 3 INT's vs the Chiefs in the WildCard Round.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What was strange about Peyton's SB run was 5 of his INT's came in the first 2 games vs KC and at Baltimore. In his games against the Pats and Bears when it really counted he had 2 TD's and only 2 INT's + converted a big 2 point conversion against the Pats and he had nearly 600 Yards passing as well. He played Good in that AFC Title Game and SB. He threw 3 INT's vs the Chiefs in the WildCard Round.

No Offense but a 1—1 td/int rate is not good by any metric as a qb. 

Im glad to see an actual teammate of peyton speak his mind and totally agree.

I mean for as great as peyton numbers are he just faltered under pressure clutch situations. I hated how he always just flopped when a defender was closing in for a sack.

Im 100% a colts fan always have been and enjoyed the success with coach dungy and peyton and wouldnt trade our 1 super bowl for anything.

But Reggie was right Peyton was mainly at fault for his 1 ring and idc how other teams were built because at the end of the day the game  was usually in peytons hands at the end of games.

Please dont block me im not a troll just agreeing with Reggie on this one.

3 hours ago, bap1331 said:

How are these "shots"?  They are all completely true.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

To say anyone was

You know where you can stick that "Homer" garbage, don't you? 

4 hours ago, Feardaneard said:

Then why in the days following the game did Reggie say it was his fault?