• 49ers
    • eagles
    • browns
    • texans
    • other
    • canada
    • WHO CARES

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's coming here as Luck's backup. Just kidding but that would be funny. RG3 seems like a nice guy so I would like to see him have another chance somewhere else. Maybe a team like the Eagles might fit him??

haha but he cant wear 10

I think he ends up behind Romo as Cowboys back up. I'm not sure he could just step in and start anywhere except maybe Cleveland...the rest of the league he would have to compete hard for a job as they have just as good (or bad if you will) qbs on the roster. I think he would do well to play behind a good qb and learn with the opportunity to be the man down the road or fill in if Tony gets hurt again. He has kept his nose clean and hasn't caused any distractions in Washington this year. He has potential...it will just take some time and coaching to get it out. Throwing him right back in the fray as a starter on a crappy team imo doesn't do him any service.

For what its worth its a good time to be coming into the league or be available as a qb. Teams that would/should look to start upgrading/replacing

1. Cleveland

2. San Francisco

3. St. Louis/LA

4. Houston

5. Philadelphia

6. Buffalo

7. NY JETS

and Denver, New Orleans, Chicago, Dallas have to consider it as well.

31 minutes ago, 12isthenew18 said:

It'd be funny to see him as Andrew's backup 

There was a time when the Colts could have had Manning, signed Leaf to a cheap contract as his back-up and then picked up Andre Wadsworth as a FA, so they would have had the 1998 #1, # 2 and #3 draft pciks.

I know he's a popular target to make fun of. But don't forget he was a really good looking young QB his rookie year. I wonder what history would look like had he never gotten injured. With that said I think he'll probably go somewhere and get another chance to start. Maybe a team like the Browns, Texans, Eagles, 49ers, Rams, or maybe even a team like the Jets. Or possibly the Cowboys as a backup waiting for Romo's inevitable injury. Some of those teams are going to draft a QB. I think the Browns will. So I think RG3's best fit may be the Texans. I'm sure their kicking themselves for passing on Derrick Carr. Maybe they'll try to bring him back to his home state and who knows. He may rediscover his rookie season success.

I have a couple friends that are Cowboys fans. They have been telling me that they have read numerous articles recently that Jerry Jones has been infatuated with Griffin since he put up a three touchdown performance against them during a Thanksgiving day game. There is a lot of rumors that Jones wants him pretty bad to back up Romo and eventually replace him.

Then I found this article.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25439341/report-robert-griffin-iii-wants-to-play-for-cowboys-if-redskins-cut-him

19 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

I have a couple friends that are Cowboys fans. They have been telling me that they have read numerous articles recently that Jerry Jones has been infatuated with Griffin since he put up a three touchdown performance against them during a Thanksgiving day game. There is a lot of rumors that Jones wants him pretty bad to back up Romo and eventually replace him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25439341/report-robert-griffin-iii-wants-to-play-for-cowboys-if-redskins-cut-him

Texas.....some really good point from @Tracy Denton as well as you!  All over texas or west for him.  I loved him at Baylor....but I saw him take a hit and he did not get up.  I knew injuries would haunt him.

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Texas.....some really good point from @Tracy Denton as well as you!  All over texas or west for him.  I loved him at Baylor....but I saw him take a hit and he did not get up.  I knew injuries would haunt him.

I was a big RGIII fan when he played for Baylor as well. I was happy we took Luck over him, but I thought Griffin was going to be a great QB wherever he went. To be honest I thought he was going to be injury prone too by the way he played the game he opened himself up to a lot of hits. I hope wherever he goes he is successful, and in the NFC haha. I agree with @Tracy Denton that he would be a perfect fit for Houston, but I hope he goes somewhere else and gets a chance.

38 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

Jones probably remembers that whooping RG put on them in his rookie year.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I know he's a popular target to make fun of. But don't forget he was a really good looking young QB his rookie year. I wonder what history would look like had he never gotten injured. With that said I think he'll probably go somewhere and get another chance to start. Maybe a team like the Browns, Texans, Eagles, 49ers, Rams, or maybe even a team like the Jets. Or possibly the Cowboys as a backup waiting for Romo's inevitable injury. Some of those teams are going to draft a QB. I think the Browns will. So I think RG3's best fit may be the Texans. I'm sure their kicking themselves for passing on Derrick Carr. Maybe they'll try to bring him back to his home state and who knows. He may rediscover his rookie season success.

No way he goes to Houston, or I would be very surprised. O'Brien wants a drop back QB, not one who comes from the spread. RG's main problem was trying to reinvent himself as a pocket passer. Now it is possible considering what Houston has for QB's right now, they would be willing to work an offense around him, with a lot of boots, get him on the edge, but I just don't see that. I think Houston is going to go with Cook, Wentz, or Hackenberg. Depends on which one drops to the second or third round and O'Brien thinks he can mold. Remember they drafted Tom Savage last year also.