Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So soon some forget

WoolMagnet

This pagano/grigson thing really reminded me of the Dungy/polian/peyton time period.  All that regular season sucess, then BOOM .... The Pats, Stellers (and chargers 2 yrs). The playoffs is where your team's holes are exposed.  And we all knew we had holes.

ALL teams run into the Pats and Steelers(the regular top dogs)When Caldwell replaced Dungy, nothing much changed.  Hes almost the same coach.  We did keep continuity with that change, and it showed with success and Sb appearance.

I'm liking keeping pagano and grigs the more i think about it.  Both have made their mistakes but both have showed promise.  Heck, we were in Afc champ game just a year ago.  Add some new blood where needed, get healthy, get motivated, and this team looks good, imo.  There was no reason to blow things up.

these guys just need to swallow their pride and get to work.

if this works out, it could be one of Irsay's best managerial moves.  If it doesn't, he can fire one or both anytime really.

i like the idea of continuity.  I feel it was a risk trying to improve on these two guys.

11 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Except Dungy/Polian could beat NE, and kept games very close with NE. Under Pagano/Grigson, NE has blown us out almost every single game. Grigson/Pagano do not have what it takes to beat the elite teams

Check the record with Dungy-Polian and the record was not very impressive against NE. The one time the Colts beat NE in the playoffs could be pointed at a huge mistake by Belichick by not punting. You make it seem like the Colts were competitive most of the time and that is not the case.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Check the record with Dungy-Polian and the record was not very impressive against NE. The one time the Colts beat NE in the playoffs could be pointed at a huge mistake by Belichick by not punting. You make it seem like the Colts were competitive most of the time and that is not the case.

Exactly. How much points did the Colts come back from to beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship? 21?

Out of 7 years Dungy coached the Colts, there were 2 Wild Card losses, 3 Divisional losses and they had a bye in 2 of those games, and 1 AFC Championship loss. They did have the Superbowl win. They were 3-6 in the playoffs not counting the Superbowl season and 7-6 counting it.

Under Caldwell the Colts lost in the Superbowl once, lost in the Wild Card round the next year, and missed the playoffs the following year.

This team really struggled in the postseason. At least the Colts have taken it a step further each year in the playoffs under Pagano/Grigson except for this year since they missed the playoffs.

Overall it is still frustrating because the exact same problems the Colts had during the Manning years (run the ball-stop the run) are the exact same problems these Colts have. You have to do those two things to win in January/February. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you have the 4th and 2 game mixed up with the AFCCG.  

All and all Dungy was 4-5 vs BB here including finishing 4-1 vs him in their last five games. Not great but far better than a lot of coaches vs BB.  

26 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Except Dungy/Polian could beat NE, and kept games very close with NE. Under Pagano/Grigson, NE has blown us out almost every single game. Grigson/Pagano do not have what it takes to beat the elite teams

Do you realize how long it took Dungy/Manning to beat the patriots?! 

Here...I'll answer for you....7 years....that's right, 7, say it again 7 years.  2005 was the first time.

28 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Look how long it took. And it took getting them in our stadium. Not much different than now, imo.

Actually, the "luck era" is on a much sterper trajectory than the "peyton era" had.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

All and all Dungy was 4-5 vs BB here including finishing 4-1 vs him in their last five games. Not great but far better than a lot of coaches vs BB.  

Yes at one point he was 0-4 just like Chuck. And regardless of what people are saying they embarrassed us in all of those games and completely shut down our offense.

The bottom line is the Patriots have the best coach in the game, a seasoned QB who has been through it all, and a lot of talent. We aren't on their level just yet and we shouldn't be expected to be. 

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Thanks for the correction. It's seems most teams have that one team who gives them problems and NE has been ours. Part of that may be that most of those games we had trouble with happened in NE especially in the beginning.

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

NE beat us by 7 in October and we were ahead at the half.....far more respectable then the fiasco against the Steelers and Jags. We can do it, it's not impossible.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Do you realize how long it took Dungy/Manning to beat the patriots?! 

Here...I'll answer for you....7 years....that's right, 7, say it again 7 years.  2005 was the first time.

Manning-led Colts teams beat the Pats in the RCA Dome in both 1999 and 2000, when both were in the AFC East and the teams played each other twice in the regular season. It took Manning 7 years to beat the Pats in Foxboro.

11 minutes ago, grmasterb said:

Manning-led Colts teams beat the Pats in the RCA Dome in both 1999 and 2000, when both were in the AFC East and the teams played each other twice in the regular season. It took Manning 7 years to beat the Pats in Foxboro.

I believe that was pre-Brady though. Also Jim Mora was our coach during that time.  

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, they were competitive... I can't ever remember any game where they were blown out and if they were, it wasn't often. Actually I do remember the 04 divisional game; that was awful. 

59 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

We had a good chance this season but the worst play call ever ruined that chance. 

That play call is really blown out of proportion. The Colts weren't on their way to beating the Pats. The Pats were pretty much moving the ball at will. 

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

That play call is really blown out of proportion. The Colts weren't on their way to beating the Pats. The Pats were pretty much moving the ball at will. 

Hmmm, so how did we only lose by 7 if they were scoring at will. And why did we lead at halftime and the Pats only scored 14 in the second half. We gave them the ball on our side of the field so yes that play call could have costo us the game

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

This pagano/grigson thing really reminded me of the Dungy/polian/peyton time period.  All that regular season sucess, then BOOM .... The Pats, Stellers (and chargers 2 yrs). The playoffs is where your team's holes are exposed.  And we all knew we had holes.

ALL teams run into the Pats and Steelers(the regular top dogs)When Caldwell replaced Dungy, nothing much changed.  Hes almost the same coach.  We did keep continuity with that change, and it showed with success and Sb appearance.

I'm liking keeping pagano and grigs the more i think about it.  Both have made their mistakes but both have showed promise.  Heck, we were in Afc champ game just a year ago.  Add some new blood where needed, get healthy, get motivated, and this team looks good, imo.  There was no reason to blow things up.

these guys just need to swallow their pride and get to work.

if this works out, it could be one of Irsay's best managerial moves.  If it doesn't, he can fire one or both anytime really.

i like the idea of continuity.  I feel it was a risk trying to improve on these two guys.

You don't just keep GMs & HC's together under the illusion of franchise stability though & I don't see how former HC eras & GM alliances are really relevant when we are discussing the Pagano/Grigson partnership personally. 

INDY sometimes gets nostalgia confused with production & results. I don't wanna win just 1 ring every 5 years or so. I wanna make deep playoff runs about every 3 years or so. I want 2 rings within 8-10 years. 

Okay yes, both Chuck & Ryan were new in their respective posts as HC & GM. I get that, but you don't retain both men after the key QB injuries we sustained. That's baffling to me & illogical. 

30 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You don't just keep GMs & HC's together under the illusion of franchise stability though & I don't see how former HC eras & GM alliances are really relevant when we are discussing the Pagano/Grigson partnership personally. 

INDY sometimes gets nostalgia confused with production & results. I don't wanna win just 1 ring every 5 years or so. I wanna make deep playoff runs about every 3 years or so. I want 2 rings within 8-10 years. 

Okay yes, both Chuck & Ryan were new in their respective posts as HC & GM. I get that, but you don't retain both men after the key QB injuries we sustained. That's baffling to me & illogical. 

Something was going right for their first three seasons. Because it didn't go as planned this season is no reason to just toss out what was there and start over. Pagano deserves his second contract IMO. Grigson done some pretty good things and some not so good. A 41-23 record is pretty respectable for any team that started where this one has. The so called riff between Grigson and Pagano was quite possible made a lot more of by the media as reported by more than one opinion. A new coaching and or a GM change would not be in the best interest of the club. I understand why Irsay decided to hold pat on those two. He said fix it together and now the results are partially in. Luck being injured was part his own doing by playing like he does. He runs with a linebackers mentality instead of protecting himself. I know most of like the way he plays because it's exciting to see. The reality is it's not smart. We all wait to see.

59 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I don't understand pretending that change for the sake of change helps you accomplish that. I don't really understand how it is an improvement to start over with a brand new regime which will result in drastic roster turnover and more growing pains.

We were choosing #1 overall just 4 years ago. We overhauled every area of the organization under Irsay, and we've accomplished a lot in that short span of time. I have no idea why everyone assumes this current staff and front office can't accomplish a SB. We damn near won one with Jim Caldwell and a flawed team before, and Chuck is a better coach than Jim. You dont have to have a perfect team you judt have to be better than everyone you play in the post season.

If you would of told me that we would have won 60% of our games including 3-3 in the playoffs and not suffer another losing season, I wouldn't have believed it.

There is something to be said for having patience and appreciating what you have.

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:
30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Something was going right for their first three seasons. Because it didn't go as planned this season is no reason to just toss out what was there and start over. Pagano deserves his second contract IMO. Grigson done some pretty good things and some not so good. A 41-23 record is pretty respectable for any team that started where this one has. The so called riff between Grigson and Pagano was quite possible made a lot more of by the media as reported by more than one opinion. A new coaching and or a GM change would not be in the best interest of the club. I understand why Irsay decided to hold pat on those two. He said fix it together and now the results are partially in. Luck being injured was part his own doing by playing like he does. He runs with a linebackers mentality instead of protecting himself. I know most of like the way he plays because it's exciting to see. The reality is it's not smart. We all wait to see.

If you asked me to split the baby in 2 CC1, or if I had to decide who I wanted gone more, It would be Grigson hands down. I just figured Pagano was gone given his contract was up in February. To me, records are not as important as closing the gap meaning defeating the teams we always struggle with namely NE & Pittsburgh. That's growth to me. Sure beating Cincinnati & Denver is nice but real confidence derives from proving to yourself that INDY is at least capable of emerging victorious among those 2 powerhouse franchises with multiple Lombardi trophies. Maybe a better DC & Strength & Conditioning Coach will help us overcome this stumbling block. 

I will give you that Luck holding onto the ball too long contributed to some of his sacks, but remember with the exception of that Miami game Gore didn't exactly reach the 2nd level on the ground either. 

Why did we start with Luck & end with Freeman? Because our o-line gave multiple field generals little to no time to throw from the pocket. They all had to use their feet to move the ball down the field. I don't get mesmerized by win/loss records. I care about growth. What improvements have we made to beat the teams that always exercise the upper hand on us in December? 

No, what's not smart is rewarding both the GM & HC like we made the playoffs when we didn't. You can't pretend like there weren't quality candidates & experienced GMs available this off season. 

We will see what happens now as you stated. You break it; You bought it & we have both men for the next 4 yrs at least. 

45 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I don't understand pretending that change for the sake of change helps you accomplish that. I don't really understand how it is an improvement to start over with a brand new regime which will result in drastic roster turnover and more growing pains.

We were choosing #1 overall just 4 years ago. We overhauled every area of the organization under Irsay, and we've accomplished a lot in that short span of time. I have no idea why everyone assumes this current staff and front office can't accomplish a SB. We damn near won one with Jim Caldwell and Chuck is a better coach than Jim. If you would of told me that we would have won 60% of our games including 3-3 in the playoffs and not suffer another loosing season, I wouldn't have believed it.

There is something to be said for having patience and appreciating what you have.

Don't give me the patience argument. That's the kind of mentality that's complacent with division wins, playoff exits, & 1 ring every 10-12 years if your willing to settle for rare big dance appearances. I'm not personally. Why do people keep bringing up Caldwell or Dungy? That's ancient history to me under a former regime HOF QB. 

It's not about regular season records or even a SB pedigree even. It's about halftime adjustments, healthy availability late in the season at key positions, & winning in the post season in the 21st Century without getting humiliated by the usual suspects & all too familiar AFC foes. Hades, I'd even look at tighter playoff losses against Pittsburgh as a vast improvement on our end at this juncture.  

By the way, sometimes the right new coach or GM works wonders for a franchise. Look at AZ before Bruce Arians & Steve Keim took the reins or Pete Carroll & John Schneider took over. Brilliant minds & sound fiscal management can lead to prosperous outcomes of once lackluster organizations. You don't think Hue Jackson or say Quentin Harris- the Director of Pro Scouting couldn't hit the ground running in INDY? Because I sure do. 

Did anybody view Minnesota as a contender before Mike Zimmer showed up? Hades no & they just won the NFC North in very short order. 

44 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Don't give me the patience argument. That's the kind of mentality that's complacent with division wins, playoff exits, & 1 ring every 10-12 years if your willing to settle for rare big dance appearances. I'm not personally. Why do people keep bringing up Caldwell or Dungy? That's ancient history to me under a former regime HOF QB. 

It's not about regular season records or even a SB pedigree even. It's about halftime adjustments, healthy availability late in the season at key positions, & winning in the post season in the 21st Century without getting humiliated by the usual suspects & all too familiar AFC foes. Hades, I'd even look at tighter playoff losses against Pittsburgh as a vast improvement on our end at this juncture.  

By the way, sometimes the right new coach or GM works wonders for a franchise. Look at AZ before Bruce Arians & Steve Keim took the reins or Pete Carroll & John Schneider took over. Brilliant minds & sound fiscal management can lead to prosperous outcomes of once lackluster organizations. You don't think Hue Jackson or say Quentin Harris- the Director of Pro Scouting couldn't hit the ground running in INDY? Because I sure do. 

Did anybody view Minnesota as a contender before Mike Zimmer showed up? Hades no & they just won the NFC North in very short order. 

You cant use the Vikings as the team that wasn't thought of as  a contender before Zimmer showed up. The Vikings had a pretty good roster when Zimmer took over. The only question about them was QB play. Part of the reason the Viking just won a division title was the Packers fell quickly pretty much like the Texans winning the AFC east. The Colts fell too. You want the Colts to become a dynasty without growing pains. Starting over is not a sure way to build a winning team when one season didn't go as planned. I have no clue as to how this is going to turn out but I am not coming into this forum with the attitude that because Pagano and Grigson signed new contracts that the end of the world is coming. All this doom and gloom you predict might be true but somehow I don't think so. The Colts took three steps forward but only one step back. 8-8 is not a winning record but it's not a losing one either. Pagano and Grigson earned their place with what the first three years brought IMO. You can disregard and throw that away if you care to but I think I will stand pat with what changes are being made.

5 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I believe that was pre-Brady though. Also Jim Mora was our coach during that time.  

Yes, but the poster to whom I responded didn't say anything about Brady, and by stating 7 years they were obviously going back to Manning's rookie season. The post at least inferred that it took 7 years for Manning to beat the Patriots, which isn't true.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You cant use the Vikings as the team that wasn't thought of as  a contender before Zimmer showed up. The Vikings had a pretty good roster when Zimmer took over. The only question about them was QB play. Part of the reason the Viking just won a division title was the Packers fell quickly pretty much like the Texans winning the AFC east. The Colts fell too. You want the Colts to become a dynasty without growing pains. Starting over is not a sure way to build a winning team when one season didn't go as planned. I have no clue as to how this is going to turn out but I am not coming into this forum with the attitude that because Pagano and Grigson signed new contracts that the end of the world is coming. All this doom and gloom you predict might be true but somehow I don't think so. The Colts took three steps forward but only one step back. 8-8 is not a winning record but it's not a losing one either. Pagano and Grigson earned their place with what the first three years brought IMO. You can disregard and throw that away if you care to but I think I will stand pat with what changes are being made.

I don't know about that the Vikings Defense has drastically improved under Zimmer's guidance since he took over. Besides, other than Dennis Green & Mike Zimmer who really viewed the Purple People Eaters as a modern day juggernaut? Nobody. Let's be honest. Okay, Childress had Brett Favre that's true, but Brad was a lousy HC or at least a heavily overrated one. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2590130-minnesota-vikings-top-ranked-defense-dominating-in-all-the-important-areas

And Minnesota still beat GB despite Aaron Rodgers scrabbling ability with sacks & turnovers in the end zone. As the old adage goes: Offense sells seats; Defense wins Championships or at least elusive division titles in the NFC North. 

Records do matter yes, but only to a certain point. If the same team always annihilates your squad like clockwork all the 11-5 seasons aren't gonna make up for a yet another December disappointment my friend. Yes, that is true CC1 no one has a crystal ball & can predict where this NFL marriage will lead or fall short. On that, we can agree 100%

It's not that I'm unwilling to accept 'growing pains' CC1. I just don't reward a GM that went thru 5 QBs in 1 season. If Grigs can't protect Luck in almost 4 yrs what makes you so sure he can do that in another 4 yr span? 

I just can't accept that notion on blind faith when Chewy's been running for his life ever since he started taking game snaps in INDY. Most GMs who can't protect the king on the NFL chess board get let go after 4 yrs. That's check & mate in most front office circles. 

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you talking about 2006?  Because we owned the 2nd half...mainly the 4th quarter

6 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I was at the game and if I remember correctly, at the time of the fake punt, the Colts were holding NE deep in their own territory and winning the field position battle. The Colts were behind 24-21. After the fake punt, the Pats went up by 10 and the Colts had a shot at the end of the game.

2 hours ago, grmasterb said:

Yes, but the poster to whom I responded didn't say anything about Brady, and by stating 7 years they were obviously going back to Manning's rookie season. The post at least inferred that it took 7 years for Manning to beat the Patriots, which isn't true.

I get you but it is sort of implied he means the Brady era because he said the Dungy /Manning Colts.  I just think he forgot about Jim Mora in the early years.  I mean the Pats aren't even relevant to this discussion until Brady arrives and the Belicheck/Brady era commences.   That was the birth of the era where they emerged as our nemesis.  The more accurate statement I believe is that it took the Manning led Colts about 5 years to beat the Brady led Pats.  I just think the poster you quoted simply miscounted the number of years.  As you correctly point out, the Manning Colts had already previously defeated Belicheck & Bledsoe and 7 years was how long it took Peyton to get a win in Foxboro.  

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

No, I don't think Hue Jackson would be an upgrade. He has no track record of success at that level. I just don't see him as a sure thing. He is a good coordinator but I've never seen him as a good head coach. He doesn't exactly knock off my socks.

Seattle has been very good but they've had a ton of things go their way and you're already seeing them come back to earth after just two SB appearances. They have drafted ridiculously well and got very lucky in stealing Russell Wilson. And yes I would try to copy them. 

AZ has yet to accomplish any of what you're talking about. Yes they have built a very nice team. But I don't yet envy their success. If they get to the NFC title game and get blown out, should they blow it all up and start over? Of course not. 

When you set the bar THAT high you are gonna wind up being dissapointed. Not many teams in history have done what you are talking about and i dont feel you should ever hold someone accountable for making a few mistakes while they are clearly doing a good job. The previous regime came close to what you are wanting, but it took them time to build to that level. Yes I would love to see the Colts accomplish that much. And I think they can. I don't see the cupboard as bare as you do right now. I think this coaching staff is plenty good enough, especially with Andrew Luck under center. I don't hold them entirely responsible for all of our failures and realize that they have only had 4 years to turn the worst team in the league into the best and that isn't enough time. They have came very far, very fast and deserve credit for that, and more time.

If Bill Parcels in his prime were available I would clean house tomorrow. But he is not out there right now.

4 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

No, I don't think Hue Jackson would be an upgrade. He has no track record of success at that level. I just don't see him as a sure thing. He is a good coordinator but I've never seen him as a good head coach. He doesn't exactly knock off my socks.

Seattle has been very good but they've had a ton of things go their way and you're already seeing them come back to earth after just two SB appearances. They have drafted ridiculously well and got very lucky in stealing Russell Wilson. And yes I would try to copy them. 

AZ has yet to accomplish any of what you're talking about. Yes they have built a very nice team. But I don't yet envy their success. If they get to the NFC title game and get blown out, should they blow it all up and start over? Of course not. 

When you set the bar THAT high you are gonna wind up being dissapointed. Not many teams in history have done what you are talking about and i dont feel you should ever hold someone accountable for making a few mistakes while they are clearly doing a good job. The previous regime came close to what you are wanting, but it took them time to build to that level. Yes I would love to see the Colts accomplish that much. And I think they can. I don't see the cupboard as bare as you do right now. I think this coaching staff is plenty good enough, especially with Andrew Luck under center. I don't hold them entirely responsible for all of our failures and realize that they have only had 4 years to turn the worst team in the league into the best and that isn't enough time. They have came very far, very fast and deserve credit for that, and more time.

If Bill Parcels in his prime were available I would clean house tomorrow. But he is not out there right now.

I just saw an interesting article about the Grigson/Polian comparisons after 4 years, complete with statistics. Pretty obvious that Grigson/Pagano/Luck have done a far better job in 4 years than Polian/Mora/Manning. It's actually not even close.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/1st-Four-Years-Polian-Mora-vs-Grigson-Pagano/6414f87e-70b6-4142-9475-6df343cb1d4a

4 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

This is just my opinion and a long shot but I think Jim Irsay really wanted and still wants  Jim Harbaugh as the next Colts coach. In 2 or 3 years Im thinking he will leave Michigan and become the Colts next coach (if Pagano stumbles) and Peyton Manning will be our next GM . One can dream cant he???

53 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I just saw an interesting article about the Grigson/Polian comparisons after 4 years, complete with statistics. Pretty obvious that Grigson/Pagano/Luck have done a far better job in 4 years than Polian/Mora/Manning. It's actually not even close.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/1st-Four-Years-Polian-Mora-vs-Grigson-Pagano/6414f87e-70b6-4142-9475-6df343cb1d4a

Not only that, when Polian came aboard he already had a young receiver and running back on the team destined for the hall, along with a damn good young LT in Tarik Glenn as building blocks in place. Grigs started with an aging Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis and a young Castonzo who at the time wasnt a sure thing at all and was struggling. The cupboard was BARE. 

If you want this era to be more successful than the old regime, you have to understand that so far they already are, by a wide margin. Basically you are punishing them for not getting to a SB this year despite losing Luck for most of the season, which is ludacris. We can't say they wouldn't have gotten there with him because we just don't know. Teams catch fire and surprise people all the time. The last game Luck played was his best game all year and we beat the #1 seed in the AFC and things were trending in the right direction. 

We still have a few holes. Of course. But we still have cap space to work with and if we can have another really good draft like we did last year or in 2012, we are gonna be in a great spot. Most of our players on offense haven't even reached their primes yet. We are really young still on that side of the ball. All these guys (Hilton, Dorsett, Moncrief, Fleener, Doyle, Mewhort on offense + Geathers, Anderson, Parry on defense) are really young. We have a great young nucleus on offense already. Luck is just now entering the prime of his career too. We just need a really good young pass rusher and another stud on the OL and teams will envy our roster.

Why so many are freaking out is beyond me. I still look at this team and get excited thinking about what's in store.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

This is just my opinion and a long shot but I think Jim Irsay really wanted and still wants  Jim Harbaugh as the next Colts coach. In 2 or 3 years Im thinking he will leave Michigan and become the Colts next coach (if Pagano stumbles) and Peyton Manning will be our next GM . One can dream cant he???

Man I want Harbaugh too and when he took the job at Michigan, I was salty. I knew he was gonna be there awhile and was hoping we could get him. He just seems like too good of a fit here.

But if we can't get a guy like that, I would rather stick with Chuck. 

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

It is like you didn`t see the stupid thing Luck did to get himself hammered against Denver, or realize that how long he holds the ball is exceptional!
Illogical to think that is a GM or HC issue. Baffle on!

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

The patience argument? It is apparent you have no patience with your long drawn out paragraphs of negativity. Just saying.

21 hours ago, CR91 said:

seriously where do you guys come from? do you crawl out of sewers?

next season will be fun. more sloppy starts and Luck running for his life and the pagano and grigson fanboys will join the sewers... but hey no offense. everything is positive. grigson is a god, pagano a guru und the colts the most dangerous beast ever and with soooo much incredible talent on their team ;-)