Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

According to NBC, Grigson more likely to stay

bap1331

On 1/1/2016 at 9:07 AM, dgambill said:

Depends on the style of offense we want to employ. Allen is a much better blocker and a decent receiving target but fleener is the more prototypical receiving TE....more suitable for being a big play target. We will have to wait and see what kind of system we will run. Your not going to spread Allen out...his blocking could be wasted in the wrong system...and we've seen his attitude when not being utilized...rather not have that for the next several years.

Ya  would rather no attitude, I think both are good,both underused, Fleener just plays a little soft for me sometimes.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:50 PM, DougDew said:

Unless Grigson has confidence in the new coach.

There seems to be this giant leap that folks are taking, that Grigson has some sort of personality disorder that leads him to want to make all of the decisions....just because that's who he is.

Maybe he just saw enough to think that Chuck was in over his head and had to step in..and Irsay agreed. 

Now he and Irsay are eager to find a coach that will let him get back to GMing.

That's another possibility.

I agree with this. I do believe Pagano is in over his head. However, I'm of the opinion, that people can get better at what they do provided their attitude is in the right place. In this case, I believe it is! I also think both Grigs and Pags are both learning on the job. As for personality, Mr. Irsay needs to have a little chat with both of them together. What dirty laundry comes from that will determine what he must do for the betterment of the team. Nobody on this forum or the reporters from the Indy Star paper are going to convince me what Grigs supposedly is reported to have been doing did not have the blessing of Mr. Irsay. It's beyond me that so many people on this forum are so quick to judge! Do we have issues? Yes! Let them sort it out! Our star player has been injured most of the season! What did you expect! Let them air out their differences and lets get on with life. Change is not always the best way!

Whoever is the Colts pro player scouting director needs to be fired as well. Grigson doesn't do all the scouting. A year's worth of film at Cleveland should have convinced a scout that without the Oline full of NFL 1st and 2nd round road graders at Alabama, TRich was not much. A good look at Cleveland film should have convinced a good scout why the Browns were so quick to give up on their #3 overall draft pick after just a year. Apparently the Browns' knew.

What scout looked at Herreman's last season with the Eagles and thought he had anything left in the tank?

Same with Andre Johnson. He might not be able to get separation from me...lol. 

3 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

I agree with this. I do believe Pagano is in over his head. However, I'm of the opinion, that people can get better at what they do provided their attitude is in the right place. In this case, I believe it is! I also think both Grigs and Pags are both learning on the job. As for personality, Mr. Irsay needs to have a little chat with both of them together. What dirty laundry comes from that will determine what he must do for the betterment of the team. Nobody on this forum or the reporters from the Indy Star paper are going to convince me what Grigs supposedly is reported to have been doing did not have the blessing of Mr. Irsay. It's beyond me that so many people on this forum are so quick to judge! Do we have issues? Yes! Let them sort it out! Our star player has been injured most of the season! What did you expect! Let them air out their differences and lets get on with life. Change is not always the best way!

Exactly.  People want heads to roll.  That's easy to do, but not always the best thing to do, especially when you are 7-9 or 8-8.

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

A tad disappointing? I want his meddlesome head on a stick. Lol

Yep, not too excited hearing the names of all these big name coaches or ANY coaches if the management still sucks you know whats in the future here.

Not sure who we were listening to on the way to the game today, but the radio host seemed to think that Grigs is more or less a yes man for Irsay and someone who he can influence to do what he wants him to do,   If you believe what he was saying the blame for this season should rest all on Irsay!

58 minutes ago, hawkeyes said:

Not sure who we were listening to on the way to the game today, but the radio host seemed to think that Grigs is more or less a yes man for Irsay and someone who he can influence to do what he wants him to do,   If you believe what he was saying the blame for this season should rest all on Irsay!

Hate to tell you this; Irsay's not firing himself.

At least he's not his Dad. Jimmy gives head coaches the whole season. Bob fired one at halftime of a game.

3 hours ago, hawkeyes said:

That thought had crossed my mind once I added into the equation Irsay on more then one instance being furious after a loss and apparently having what was described as a heated exchange after the loss to the Saints.

He also took to twitter after the 44-20 preseason loss to the Bills in 2013 saying his commanders (Grigson and Pagano obviously) got an ear full. I don't know to what degree but it seems to me Irsay has done his own meddling a time or two at least

On December 30, 2015 at 2:12 PM, CR91 said:

I think grigson has brought in some really good players like freeman jackson walden vontae adams langford redding anderson parry hilton moncrief mewhort. course hes had some bad players like richardson, werner, a trio of wrs every year(I actually thought avery was pretty good). grigs knows how to bring talent and while everyone will complain he hasnt fix the oline, its not like he hasnt tried. players like GC satale mcgylnn holmes harrison louis thornton thomas shipley nixon justin anderson either didnt pan out or were injuried too much

he had a chance to bring in alex mack but decided to get hakeem nicks for a year who didn't do anything outside his td catch against denver , got rid of reggie wayne for andre johnson.. a division rival who did less than nothing, all those names on the o line you just named are all garbage . in 4 years he hasn't picked up any valuable defensive players outside of adams and dq jax, he undermines our coach, and he's not the one who has to show his face to the media after a % performance like a 51-16 point slaughter to the jaguars but pagano has to answer all the questions about "why are you guys not playing as well as you'd hoped?" had it been me i would've thrown my gm and team owner under the bus and asked the media are you kidding? look at who we GOT! everyone needs to go , irsay needs to step down and until he does were going to continue to get spanked like were misbehaving ..

22 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Grigs is horrible. We thought we were getting a young Polin but got the old Al Davis. What 35+, often injured or career back up will he sign next for 5 times his value with no return on the money??

They thought those guys would be role players that would make a trip to the SB an easy thing.  Clearly they were wrong....

6 minutes ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

he had a chance to bring in alex mack but decided to get hakeem nicks for a year who didn't do anything outside his td catch against denver , got rid of reggie wayne for andre johnson.. a division rival who did less than nothing, all those names on the o line you just named are all garbage . in 4 years he hasn't picked up any valuable defensive players outside of adams and dq jax, he undermines our coach, and he's not the one who has to show his face to the media after a % performance like a 51-16 point slaughter to the jaguars but pagano has to answer all the questions about "why are you guys not playing as well as you'd hoped?" had it been me i would've thrown my gm and team owner under the bus and asked the media are you kidding? look at who we GOT! everyone needs to go , irsay needs to step down and until he does were going to continue to get spanked like were misbehaving ..

Not a Grigs supporter, but I am a Irsay supporter, and several of these statements are simply untrue. Side note: that's just painful to read. Proper syntax makes a world of difference, with all due respect

If the decision to go get TRich was on Irsay, does that change your thoughts of Grigs? How about picking up Pep, was that also an Irsay decision to get a young hot familiar coordinator for Luck? I believe that he has hit more on draft picks, minus the Werner pick, he has done very well and I like his eye in talent and taking risk. That oline debacle over the 4 years has me concerned it's an position coach issue more so than pure talent. That scheme and offensive calling never helped make that oline look serviceable for the most part. 

Short rt of it is, I'm not nearly as concerned with Grigson as I was highly disappointed with our coaches, all of them really. Grigson has given this team more talent than he has missed on IMO. Every GM misses a pick or two or brings in a FA that never lives up to the contract so that doesn't bother me as much. What I would have liked to see from Grigs is more accountability from position coaches, specifically on that oline. 

1 hour ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Grigs also build a roster that went 8-8 without their franchise qb for most of the season. Last time we lost our franchise qb, we went 2-14

Anyone that says Grigson is a good draft GM is out of touch.  Luck & Hilton are SB caliber players.  After that he has not drafted anyone who even comes close to that talent level.  Add to that T-Rich, Werner & Dorsett (instead of a stud lineman) and you have it for #1 in the last 3 drafts.  Add to that in ONE YEAR his FA signings have made the Colts the OLDEST team in the NFL.... in ONE YEAR!   He wasted cap money which we had in abundance on a bunch of over the hill retreads, one of whom was just released (Herrmans, his answer to our O-Line needs). I hold him accountable for Luck's physical issues. I like  Pagano a lot, not the best of coaches but Bellichik, Lombardi, or any coach you can name could not have done any better with the talent Grigson put  on the field.  HE HAS TO GO or we are doomed to a future of bad decisions.

I like Irsay but I think he has shown to get entirely to impatient at times...Ripping into coaches and GM after a preseason loss back in 2013 to the Bills in which starters mostly played a handful or 2 of snaps, Ripping into coaches again (and Grigson) after a loss to NE in the playoffs. The fact of the matter is and has been no matter what HC you put out there we lacked TALENT which many cases you can rip Grigson for obviously but my ultimate point is players ultimately win games but coaches can lose them.

You see a team like the Browns go through coach after coach (Pettine just got fired by the way) but yet keep losing and losing and losing....and will continue to do so no matter the coach they bring in until they get a QB and another WR or 2...Simply a matter of Haslam being impatient and Farmer drafting a QB that's irresponsible), That's on drafting and players not living up to expectations. Players have to make plays.

Now does that mean I'm all of a sudden changing my tune that Pagano does not have his faults? Of course not. Would I welcome the chance to have a coach that has better game management skills? Obviously...But I think Pagano would improve on that (But the NFL is not for people that exercise patience.....Again Browns prime example)...But I think lack of talent at key positions and some bad decisions in FA (along with former O Coordinator issues) along with injuries at the QB position has contributed much much more both to this seasons problems as well as past seasons problems (in regards to talent)

Again I think all involved share blame but players win games and scouts and GM's bring in those players scouted to win those games..Bring in mediocre talent or talent that's seen better days or talent that's in a case or 2 just straight not starting material and ya have a recipe for things to blow up

Look, I think Pagano is a good, high-character coach that at times can out-couch the talent he's given but let's look at the reality of the situation:

0-5 against New England

0-2 against Pittsburgh

A virtual .500 record against teams outside the AFC South

Inconsistencies (Beat Denver and Seattle in 2013, get blown out by St. Louis and Arizona)

Mind boggling coaching decisions (Whalen punt gaff)

The Colts have to move forward at this point. Grigson should be fired as well.

According to Irsay he had won 44 games ....  HAH!

IF Grigs meddles as much as rumors have it not sure how much credit you give him for the 43 - specially the first year when he missed most the season.

At the end of they day I am ok with keeping Pags on board, I am not happy that Grigs will still be here meddling.  From the presser it was clear that they butt heads all the time - they were doing so in the presser.  Sadly I think we can expect more of the same ,,,, As for Irsay saying Grigs has surpassed BP ... give me a break!

On January 4, 2016 at 7:23 AM, IndyD4U said:

Not a Grigs supporter, but I am a Irsay supporter, and several of these statements are simply untrue. Side note: that's just painful to read. Proper syntax makes a world of difference, with all due respect

okay well this isn't english class and I'm not writing an mla format research paper.. I'm just talking and obviously if you were able to reply you were able to read it . no wonder you're an irsay supporter

18 minutes ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

okay well this isn't english class and I'm not writing an mla format research paper.. I'm just talking and obviously if you were able to reply you were able to read it . no wonder you're an irsay supporter

I prefer APA format