Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson Named Colts Gm (Merge)

workinman

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to be kidding me... Jim Irsay fires a Hall of Famer for the director of player personell of an Eagles team that has drafted poorly and imploded through free agency...

Why not at least give him a chance. They haven't even announced he was hired for Pete's sake.

You've got to be kidding me... Jim Irsay fires a Hall of Famer for the director of player personell of an Eagles team that has drafted poorly and imploded through free agency...

draft poorly? they have tons of talent is their D coord who sucks, the only position where they lack talent is LB, apart from that they are solid everywhere

and i Would know, my cousin (which i speak a lot ) is a die hard eagles fan, he makes me watch every eagles game lol

just last draft they got starters: watkins, rolle, kelce and contributors in casey mathews and dion lewis

but i do agrree the draft from 2010 was subpar, the main problem being that graham has been injured since he was drafted

...Weird response... but who fires Bill Polian for a poorly run Eagles team executive? Nothing against Grigsby, but it just sounds like a very stupid decision by Irsay.

The Eagles had a bad year probably largely attributed to chemistry but they run the ball very well (5th) and play pretty good defense (8th overall/10th scoring/16th rushing/10th passing), both areas the Colts are looking to improve.

My top 2 (dream of course) is Fisher and Gruden.

We'll see Eagles connecitons. Gruden and Reid and Morningweg all stem from the Holmgren coaching tree, which is really a Bill Wlash/49ers tree. I don't think Fisher is coming. I would imagine we will at least see Eagles staffers and maybe a coach or two as well. You always bring those you know and trust in with you. How far that goes, who knows. I would imagine Grigson has met or is meeting with Caldwwell today, but I don't think we'll see a Raiders/MacKenzie like decision today. MacKenzie took about 15 minutes to start cleaning house.

Well all I can say is that I trust Irsay and he made the best decsion for the Colts. Now we just need to wait and see how it pans out. Like I have said many times he couldn't please everyone and he did what he thought would work for the organization and that's okay by me. I have a feeling that he won't have as much control as Polian was given and see how that worked out in the end. I say let's give this guy a fair chance and see what he can do. :thmsup:

draft poorly? they have tons of talent is their D coord who sucks, the only position where they lack talent is LB, apart from that they are solid everywhere

and i Would know, my cousin (which i speak a lot ) is a die hard eagles fan, he makes me watch every eagles game lol

just last draft they got starters: watkins, rolle, kelce and contributors in casey mathews and dion lewis

but i do agrree the draft from 2010 was subpar, the main problem being that graham has been injured since he was drafted

Good to know. You really can't judge the 2010 draft for another couple years. Besides the draft, the GM has to recognize cheap FA talent. They seems to have done pretty well there too, not counting this year.

Yeah give the dude a shot...Irsay wants to WIN...he wouldn't hire ANYONE he wasn't confident in to get the right job done. I sure hope Caldwell is out and Fisher comes in...I'm not saying it's PROBABLE...but it is ALWAYS possible unless Fisher announces a signing somewhere else...and with that in mine I hope that a Colts miracle happens :)

Can we say HELLO to a different approach in Free Agency though ??? :)

I am waiting for reaction if he and Irsay fire Caldwell and bring in Morningweg. In three years, Caldwell is 26-22 regular season. In two years as head coach, Morningweg was 5-27. I don't know if firing Caldwell is the best decision for the franchise, I know replacing him with Morningweg is not. How do you convince players who clearly have confidence in Caldwell to believe in a coach whose record is even worse?

Would not be the Colts message board without a poster crappy on a guy who has not even been offically announced yet. haha.

The Eagles did not have a talent problem. You cannot look at someone like Shady McCoy, D Jax, or Maclin and not see the talent. They just had a chemistry problem and a DC problem.

The guy was an offensive lineman so lets hope he can get our OL straight.

Now if he brings Mornhinweg over as HC I will lose all faith that quickly.

People don't get chances when the end of Peyton Manning's career is at stake. I don't want a project GM, I want a proven guy that will help Manning win a Super Bowl!

Good GM's don't leave their job to take other GM jobs. You think the Giant's current GM would leave them to be ours???? You have to get new guys with talent who want their own GM job. Also, we didn't fire Bill Polian. We fired CHRIS Polian. Bill was going to retire. There is a big difference.