Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson Named Colts Gm (Merge)

workinman

Yes actually. He said you have to have a certain degree of humbleness and confidence or something along those lines.

When I said "No" I messed up and wasn't awnsering his question, but more of adressing the statment afterwords where he asks if his ego could get in the way.

Oh also, I wasn't talking about that quote. There was another one where he talked something about ego's with picking players. Idk, but he made it clear not being egotistical was something he would fight off.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with yiou Brett.. he is a hoosier as am I and he has been brought up in the system old school.. from playing in early years to college , pro and coaching.. kinda like the companies used to be built .. GROUND UP.. I like that he seems to take pride in analysing tapes and scouting.. I am likming that he wants to go into his room/ office and study the tapes of all of all people .. tells me he will know more of this team than some of our coaches possibly..

I think Isray hit a HOMERUN!!

I look forward to the next steps

Yeah, his potential is through the roof.

I didn't get to see the interview, but based on your idea of him, I think that is a strong dose of what we need. Did he seem humble? By that I mean, would he let his pride get in the way of what is best for this franchise?

I'll say this he doesn't lack in the confidence department. I am not saying he's cocky or anything because I think there is a different in being cocky and being confident in yourself. I know Fox 59 asked him what he brings to the table and one of the first things he said was I am a good leader, I know how to get to get the most of my people and make them follow my vision.

He also takes pride in coming up threw the ranks and thinks that's one of the key reasons he'll be good at this job is that he's had to work his way up.

One thing I did notice at his presser and this could be due to his lack of sleep but he's short with the media when he doesn't want to answer something. They kept hounding him about Caldwell and Manning (which is their job) and he got to the point where he was pretty much saying "Look I don't know yet stop asking me." Again I am not going to judge him based on one outing with the media on something like two hours of sleep. Also frankly if he's short with the media I don't really care, as long as he's good at drafting and building a team that's all I care about.

It is hard to say anything based on an approx. 15 minutes press conference. He's introduced himself to the media and community. I cold hardly hear him (I think microphones were set to low to his height).

I don't think he would be incompetent to be GM here or anywhere. Next few weeks will be crucial in evaluating his abilities.

We shan't be to hard with him, there are serious question to be answered (coaching, PM&Luck, drafting players, FAs, rebuilding the team etc.), those would be hard for any GM in NFL.

I'm waiting for his first steps patiently, after the draft season we will be smarter!

I won't hate him for not firing Caldwell (however I think there's a serious need for changes in coaching).