Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson Named Colts Gm (Merge)

workinman

Now, if he could talk Holmgren into coaching again, I would be for that.

The Eagles have a ton of talent....plenty enough talent to win a Super Bowl. In fact, everybody and their dog said that very same thing at the beginning of the season. I can see the Oline being a problem, for sure, but their skill people are incredible.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not be the Colts message board without a poster crappy on a guy who has not even been offically announced yet. haha.

The Eagles did not have a talent problem. You cannot look at someone like Shady McCoy, D Jax, or Maclin and not see the talent. They just had a chemistry problem and a DC problem.

The guy was an offensive lineman so lets hope he can get our OL straight.

Now if he brings Mornhinweg over as HC I will lose all faith that quickly.

Agree with you 100%. I like the hire, like the talent evaluation the Eagles have done recently, like that they almost always look at both OL and DL in drafts.... But I am not a fan of Mornhinweg, as OC or HC. That has me a little nervous.

pft reports we have a new gm

http://profootballta...to-be-next-g-m/

Colts hire Eagles director of player personnel Ryan Grigson as their new GM says ESPN & sched. 4 PM announcement, Colts.com confirms it

ESPN

The Indianapolis Colts hired Philadelphia Eagles director of player personnel Ryan Grigson as their new general manager, the team announced Wednesday.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bdaCD

Be sure to watch the live stream of the press conference on Colts.com *

The Indianapolis Colts will hold a 4 p.m. press conference this afternoon at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center to introduce the team’s new general manager, Ryan Grigson. Colts Owner & CEO Jim Irsay will be available along with Grigson.

Check the streaming conference here

http://www.colts.com/news-and-events/article-1/COLTS-TO-HOLD-4-PM-P...

Got r to wonder if this opens up, Free agency acquisitions now based on eagles last year

People don't get chances when the end of Peyton Manning's career is at stake. I don't want a project GM, I want a proven guy that will help Manning win a Super Bowl!

Nobody even knows if Manning will play again, the chances to win another SB with him may already be gone.

I want the new GM to worry about what is best for the next 10+ seasons for the Colts....not winning a SB for a guy that may not even play in 2012.

Giants Ross I preferred

That is kind of my point with RamblinWreck. Ross has never been the GM of a team before. Wouldn't he be considered a "project" as well? I get the feeling that if the Colts would have hired a GM with previous experience, people would have been on here complaining about the fact that they hired a re-tread.

Why can't he look into it? Many of us WANT FISHER dude...and if we want to speculate and hold out hope that Fisher hasn't chosen a place yet that can still leave a possibility of him coming here why wouldn't we? Seriously...we can all look forward to the slight possiblity the door is NOT closed on anything in terms of Fisher.

new gm check list....

1. decide on caldwell and staff

2. if fired fine new hc

3. help head coach fined new dc and oc

4. irsay, decides on peyton

5. draft luck no matter what

6. change freeney contact

7. evaluate current personal and see who not gonna be around long term.. brackett,...etc

8. get some talent on defense... throught draft or via free agency

9. get luck some weapons .. through draft or via free agency

Seems to be a good talent evaluator. I wonder if he looks at RG3 like a Mike Vick kind of player. Do you think he would trade down to possibly the Browns spot for their 4th and 22nd pick in the first round? Picking up RG3 with the 4th and a young stud receiver with the 22nd pick? It will be interesting to see which direction this guy takes the organization.

When Holmgren first started with the Browns he traded their first pick down to get a handful of future picks that will probably help out their organization in many ways in the long run. I wouldn't be too upset to see him do the same, don't get me wrong I like Luck but we could fill so many more holes on this team than just one and find a capable player to sit under Manning for 2-3 years on the beginning of the second day of the draft.

That is kind of my point with RamblinWreck. Ross has never been the GM of a team before. Wouldn't he be considered a "project" as well? I get the feeling that if the Colts would have hired a GM with previous experience, people would have been on here complaining about the fact that they hired a re-tread.

u r right i believe, something about all i had read led me to him before the hire was announced, thats all, wish had links and could articulate what i read

I've been on the Jeff Fisher bandwagon for at least a year, so he would be my choice to replace Caldwell. The new GM's connection to Marty Mornhinweg is cause for concern, frankly. I like the idea of bringing in established coaches to the staff, but not one who had such a miserable record at Detroit.

Hoping for the best...

Eagles? Was he that impressed with the signing of a dream team that turned into a nightmare? I hope this works out!

The GM signed free agents I bet. Grigson's background was scouting/talent evaluation. Director of Player Personnel could have meant he was directly involed in free agency, and if so I wouldn't say they signed the wrong guys - the free agents were good (Babin was a beast), the scheme, chemistry, having a offensive coach become a first time DC all had a bigger impact in my mind then a poor assessment of talent. The free agent talent wasn't the issue in my mind. And Grigson didn't hire the new DC, call the defensive plays, etc.

Seems to be a good talent evaluator. I wonder if he looks at RG3 like a Mike Vick kind of player. Do you think he would trade down to possibly the Browns spot for their 4th and 22nd pick in the first round? Picking up RG3 with the 4th and a young stud receiver with the 22nd pick? It will be interesting to see which direction this guy takes the organization.

When Holmgren first started with the Browns he traded their first pick down to get a handful of future picks that will probably help out their organization in many ways in the long run. I wouldn't be too upset to see him do the same, don't get me wrong I like Luck but we could fill so many more holes on this team than just one and find a capable player to sit under Manning for 2-3 years on the beginning of the second day of the draft.

some say though Rams & Vikings have players of correct need that are sure bets there for the taking, someone needing a QB will offer so much that Browns themselves may have to trade up for RG3, otherwise good hypothesis

Is he one of the youngest GMs in the NFL or what? Not even 40 and heading up an NFL team. The guy really doesnt have much of a track record - I wonder if Irsay is wanting to start calling more of the shots like Davis in Oakland did or JJ in Dallas does.

I sure hope he is not looking for a Vick like player!

Why can't he look into it? Many of us WANT FISHER dude...and if we want to speculate and hold out hope that Fisher hasn't chosen a place yet that can still leave a possibility of him coming here why wouldn't we? Seriously...we can all look forward to the slight possiblity the door is NOT closed on anything in terms of Fisher.

And straight out of left field...

Simply saying that I would not read anything into the fact that he has not signed somewhere yet. Fisher will be the coach of the Rams or Fins. There is every indication that will be the case, including Fisher himself.

Eagles? Was he that impressed with the signing of a dream team that turned into a nightmare? I hope this works out!

This guy wasn't the gm for the eagles. It's not like he made every decision for the eagles. Eagles have drafted some really good players in the draft and got great players in free agency. I've seen on this forum several times people wishing colts dipped into free agency more and now we might have that and some people seem upset with it. Irsay wants to win more then any of us on this forum and if he feels this guy is a good fit then so do I. I'm very excited to get some new faces in the fo. Go colts

some say though Rams & Vikings have players of correct need that are sure bets there for the taking, someone needing a QB will offer so much that Browns themselves may have to trade up for RG3, otherwise good hypothesis

Living in Ohio, I have many Brown's fans that are sick and tired of QB mediocracy and would love nothing more than to trade their two 1st round picks, plus more picks AND Colt McCoy for Andrew Luck. I for one, like this prospect and believe it could help the Colts in the long run. I think McCoy is a capable QB, but needs to be in the right system, with an offensive line that can keep him upright, wide receivers who can get open AND catch the ball, both of which the Brown's haven't offered to him.

People need to get the thought of trading with the Browns in order to take RG3 with the 4th pick out of their heads. Say the Colts do make that trade with their eye on RG3. Luck will go # 1 and that leaves several QB-needy teams with the opportunity to draft RG3 at either # 2 or # 3. And then the Colts are left with nothing.

Is he one of the youngest GMs in the NFL or what? Not even 40 and heading up an NFL team. The guy really doesnt have much of a track record - I wonder if Irsay is wanting to start calling more of the shots like Davis in Oakland did or JJ in Dallas does. I sure hope he is not looking for a Vick like player!

For Vick-like I mean extremely mobile. RG3 comes off to me as a much smarter decision maker, on and off the field. As well as a very capable passer. I'm not looking for a Vick-like mentality, I was just going by skill set.

People need to get the thought of trading with the Browns in order to take RG3 with the 4th pick out of their heads. Say the Colts do make that trade with their eye on RG3. Luck will go # 1 and that leaves several QB-needy teams with the opportunity to draft RG3 at either # 2 or # 3. And then the Colts are left with nothing.

I don't see RG3 going to the Rams (Bradford) or the Vikings (Ponder). Only way RG3 goes at 2 or 3 is if teams trade up to get him. And they wouldn't be left with "nothing". They would have the 4th, 22nd pick along with Colt McCoy. In that trade scenario you get a capable young QB and 2 1st round picks as well as the 33rd pick in the draft. That's 3 holes you can address whether it be CB, DT, WR.

If it's as simple as him being the next HC of the rams of 'fins...then why isn't it a done deal already? just sayin...

I have customers tell me they want my company to do the job and want to sign a contract and a day later they went with someone else....nothing is ever a done deal until it's signed.

I've been on the Jeff Fisher bandwagon for at least a year, so he would be my choice to replace Caldwell. The new GM's connection to Marty Mornhinweg is cause for concern, frankly. I like the idea of bringing in established coaches to the staff, but not one who had such a miserable record at Detroit.

Hoping for the best...

Don't know is Mornhinweg is the answer, but you can't place all the blame on him for Detroit's losing seasons. Detroit has had several coaches who had losing season's and the only common denominator during that time was an incompetent GM by the name of Matt Millen.

I'm not jskinnz agent or anything, but I'm guessing he meant 'I would not READ much into that'.

Carry on.

I don't see RG3 going to the Rams (Bradford) or the Vikings (Ponder). Only way RG3 goes at 2 or 3 is if teams trade up to get him. And they wouldn't be left with "nothing". They would have the 4th, 22nd pick along with Colt McCoy. In that trade scenario you get a capable young QB and 2 1st round picks as well as the 33rd pick in the draft. That's 3 holes you can address whether it be CB, DT, WR.

Sorry - did not clarify. I meant teams like the Skins moving up to draft RG3.

It has yet to be determined whether or not McCoy can be deemed capable. Hot wife? check. Capabale NFL QB? Unknown.

The Colts need to come out of this draft knowing who their QB of the future is, maybe even their 2012 QB. McCoy is not that guy.