Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I have a good feeling about sunday

CR91

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Absolutely, I've always been drawn to people who can laugh & poke fun at themselves & Jennifer excels at that. 

It's a very disarming & charming quality to posses which perpetuates extreme loyalty because it makes her human. Looks play a role here sure that's undeniable, but once you strip away physical beauty people just like somebody that makes the laugh their caboose off particularly by pointing out there own shortcomings, vices, & weaknesses. 

It's odd because JL used to stand for actress Jennifer Lopez not Jennifer Lawrence, but I digress. I guess you did say J-Law CBE. Apparently, I can't read. My bad. :D

Yeah Jennifer Lopez is JLo, Jennifer Lawrence is JLaw :-)

11 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

God bless the die hard fan. Any QB behind this o- line is dead meat. The first time they played the texans, JJ watt was the only guy they had on the D-line. They are healthy now. The better of their QB's is back to starting olso. Loosing to the Texans by 40 points in your own stadium would be as bad as the last two games. The Colts will abandon the run after they get behind by 3 points, and then try to go deep 45 times and leave the defense on the field for 40 min. out of a possible 60. on and on and on.

Let's talk about the first time they played the Texans (Oct 8th):

POSITIVES

It was in Texans stadium, not home.

J.J. Watt - 2 tackles, no sacks

Frank Gore rushed for 98 yards

Matt was 6 for 7 on passes thrown over 10 yards in the air and 18-29 total. (He wasn't healthy then either).

Defense had 2 turnovers, offense none.

Freeman out of game

NEGATIVES

Granted Hopkins had over 150 yards receiving but both Davis and Toiler were hurt.

Hoyer had over 300 yards passing, against a depleted secondary.

To be fair, Henry Anderson was playing, so we don't have him for this game

Colts committed 7 penalties, the Texans had 13 (if the Texans play a "cleaner" game, it could be trouble)

Overall, I'm seeing reasons for optimism;

It's a home game

A healthy secondary, O-line and LBs.

They have shown they can run the ball and have success with a short passing game short to protect Matt.

So many times this year, the Colts have beaten themselves (more so than I can remember in any other year). These things are correctable.

12 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

God bless the die hard fan. Any QB behind this o- line is dead meat. The first time they played the texans, JJ watt was the only guy they had on the D-line. They are healthy now. The better of their QB's is back to starting olso. Loosing to the Texans by 40 points in your own stadium would be as bad as the last two games. The Colts will abandon the run after they get behind by 3 points, and then try to go deep 45 times and leave the defense on the field for 40 min. out of a possible 60. on and on and on.

One thing you can definitely say about Chud....he doesn't abandon the run.  

5 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

The game could go either way. The Colts are funny that way.

I haven't heard if AC is back yet so it would be Good vs. Watt.  

I'm not too worried about the D, although I should be after that last game against Jax.

AC is probable for the game along with thornton. our regular line of AC mewhort harrison thornton reitz will be back. 

3 hours ago, hawkeyes said:

I think the fix is in - Colts lose and miss the Playoffs - Luck doesn't return until next season and we see Clipboard Jesus the final two games.    :(

Thanks Grigs - dont let the door hit you on the way out of town!!!

Well, to ad fuel to your conspiracy fire...  did anybody notice Luck was limited in practice (means he got less than 100% of his normal reps) on Wednesday and Thursday and did not practice at all on Friday?

Name             Position        Injury               Wed.    Thur.     Fri.    Status

Luck, Andrew    QB       Abdomen/Kidney    LP        LP      DNP      Out

Now the question is, why? (and nobody has seen this, or at least reported on it yet)  Is it to give him some rest from his return to (limited) practice and prepare for increased activity next week?  Or did a test(s) reveal a setback in his recovery plan?  Has anybody heard anything abut Andrew and his (Non) participation in practice yesterday?

I just feel if he is not back at Full Practice sometime next week, he will most likely miss the Dolphins game as well. While it would be a Cinderella story, I just do not see Matt guiding us through the playoffs on a quest for the Lombardi.  I'm just hoping he can win tomorrow, and we Luck can return shortly thereafter and we take the AFC South crown again and go into the playoffs getting healthy and with a few wins (and confidence) under our belt.

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well, to ad fuel to your conspiracy fire...  did anybody notice Luck was limited in practice (means he got less than 100% of his normal reps) on Wednesday and Thursday and did not practice at all on Friday?

Name             Position        Injury               Wed.    Thur.     Fri.    Status

Luck, Andrew    QB       Abdomen/Kidney    LP        LP      DNP      Out

Now the question is, why? (and nobody has seen this, or at least reported on it yet)  Is it to give him some rest from his return to (limited) practice and prepare for increased activity next week?  Or did a test(s) reveal a setback in his recovery plan?  Has anybody heard anything abut Andrew and his (Non) participation in practice yesterday?

I just feel if he is not back at Full Practice sometime next week, he will most likely miss the Dolphins game as well. While it would be a Cinderella story, I just do not see Matt guiding us through the playoffs on a quest for the Lombardi.  I'm just hoping he can win tomorrow, and we Luck can return shortly thereafter and we take the AFC South crown again and go into the playoffs getting healthy and with a few wins (and confidence) under our belt.

No there was a report by Pagano in a tweet from Kevin Bowen on the Colts website.  Pagano said they just gave him a day of rest.  Said he's worked pretty hard so he let him take it easy.  He didn't leave anything for speculation.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

No there was a report by Pagano in a tweet from Kevin Bowen on the Colts website.  Pagano said they just gave him a day of rest.  Said he's worked pretty hard so he let him take it easy.  He didn't leave anything for speculation.

Yeah I didn't see anything fishy about Andrew resting on Friday either because like you said Chuck explained it.

41 minutes ago, krunk said:

Thanks.  I never saw the report from Pagano about it, and thought somebody here would know. I look for him to be at practice next week, and hopefully full (not limited) by the end of the week.  If not, he just may not be quite in shape (conditioning) enough to play vs. the Dolphins.  In the meantime, glad to have many starters back and MH giving it a go in the most important game of the Colts season.

18 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

J.J. Watt broken thumb and privates injury...

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/12/jj_watt_injury_houston_texans.html

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/16/9748174/jj-watt-privates-balls-junk-wiener

Someone needs to rack his nuts and step on his hand on the first play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAQ8rTBLUk

20 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

If IU beats Notre Dame tomorrow, the Colts beat the Texans.  Bank it !!!

Down 10 at the half but we came back and got them. Then Butler got PU great day. I wish they would turn it into a 2 day tourney winners play and losers play. The Championship of Indiana

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Thanks.  I never saw the report from Pagano about it, and thought somebody here would know. I look for him to be at practice next week, and hopefully full (not limited) by the end of the week.  If not, he just may not be quite in shape (conditioning) enough to play vs. the Dolphins.  In the meantime, glad to have many starters back and MH giving it a go in the most important game of the Colts season.

Pagano talked with emphasis about us definitely protecting Hasslebeck.  To me it almost seemed like code word that we may take a page out of Pittsburghs approach and come with the Max Protections.  He also emphasized we would run it and run it well.  If we can keep him clean I think Hass will be good for at least 21 points.  Maybe 28 if Gore is running well.   I do feel pretty good about us winning this game overall right now.

I'm glad you have a good feeling about tomorrow, cause I feel like this team is about to get obliterated...How in the hell, when you look at the circumstances can you really feel differently? This is the most vulnerable the Colts have been in a home game against the Texans...Period....

1 hour ago, ThaCaliColt said:

I'm glad you have a good feeling about tomorrow, cause I feel like this team is about to get obliterated...How in the hell, when you look at the circumstances can you really feel differently? This is the most vulnerable the Colts have been in a home game against the Texans...Period....

Remember that time the Colts went 2-14 and one of those wins was to the Texans? 

If they can beat them with that 2011 team that tanked all season, they should be able to win tomorrow. 

The Texans live to lose to the Colts in Indy. 

On 12/19/2015 at 10:55 AM, hawkeyes said:

I think the fix is in - Colts lose and miss the Playoffs - Luck doesn't return until next season and we see Clipboard Jesus the final two games.    :(

Thanks Grigs - dont let the door hit you on the way out of town!!!

BINGO ...

Seriously this was so obvious!   This Colts team has SERIOUS issues - They will be chasing the Texans and the Jags for years to come!

On December 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am glad he is starting. Chuck was saying he looked pretty good today throwing the ball. Can the old man give us 1 more fantastic moment? I think he can! If Charlie would've been named the starter that would've been brutal.

lol yeah we put up a whoppin 10 whole points 

3 minutes ago, hawkeyes said:

BINGO ...

Seriously this was so obvious!   This Colts team has SERIOUS issues - They will be chasing the Texans and the Jags for years to come!

I would not go that far lol. With a healthy normal Luck and offense we would be in much better shape this season.

None of the AFC South teams are anything this year to worry about.

In a sad way this is almost like a relief...it's over.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

I would not go that far lol. With a healthy normal Luck and offense we would be in much better shape this season.

None of the AFC South teams are anything this year to worry about.

It is a relief, I know it's over now. Not having Andrew screwed everything up this season but our Coaching has been suspect too with the constant dumb penalties and lack of halftime adjustments. Chuck will be gone so I just wonder who Irsay will hire?

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Very well put .... that indeed was the final nail in our 2015 coffin - no need to stress any more this season is over.

Now Irsay needs to start handing out pink slips!   Fire Grigs, fire the entire coaching staff - let some of these bums go off the team and rebuild.  Maybe by 2017 or 2018 we can be relevant again.

• 3 weeks later...
On December 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It wouldn't of even been close had Hass not played, it would've been a Turnover fest. We barely lost so rub it in if that makes you happy.

it was just a joke lol , people get emotional after their team loses u know