Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Primetime Vs Pittsburgh

ColtStronger

I'm not sure about this game. Their defense has stepped up, and Pittsburgh doesn't have much of secondary, but there could be a lot of passing yards.

Also, the Colts haven't had much of a running game, everything depends on passes. Can Hasselbeck out duel Roethlisberger? (If Ben plays.) Also, Hasselbeck's win streak may not last the rest of the season. Not saying we can't win, but I'm expecting Pittsburgh to play a tough game.

Something strange about Pittsburgh; this season, they've been an aggressive offense that goes for the 2 point conversion several times over the year. Vs Seattle, they went for the 2 point conversion over 3 touchdowns, and only got it once. 

I admire their aggressiveness on offense, but eventually they are going to run into problems with that down the road, and the Colts could put them in a bad spot if it's turn into a shoot out, just by preventing that 2 point conversion. 

I posted this in the other thread about Big Ben earlier today, He might not play.

The NFL and NFLPA are both investigating why a medical timeout was not called by the ATC spotter {again!}, or anybody from the Steelers medical and trainers team.

From the book "Big tough players can't declare themselves good and play" anymore, Ben says he feels great now and ready to play. He mentions “I’ll play through any injury but brain”, but doesn't even know when brain injury is suffered or healed; just says he feels good to go, and didn't have a concussion.

Mike Tomlin says 'Slow your roll, big fella...  you had a concussion and you must pass through all of the steps of the NFL concussion protocol'.  Steelers will wait until all of the medical team has cleared Big Ben before deciding he's ready.  So we have to prepare for both Ben and Landry.  But this is not a ploy to hide the starter until the last moment, this is a will Ben really be recovered in time to play by Sunday deal.

SQPdkfuEAKgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Just saw that Pete Morelli's officiating crew has been pulled from our game due to all of the blunders from the Arizona game. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/12/01/nfl-takes-referee-pete-morellis-crew-off-redskins-cowboys-game-over-errors/

The articel said the NFL is cracking down... no they are not, they are just putting the crew on a non nationally televised game.  So now, some struggling team has to deal with poor officiating.  They need to start suspending these guys (without pay) and fining the refs for the errors they are making.  The mistake in the Seattle/Detroit game cost the Lions the game.  The mistake in the AZ game could have been costly for the Cardinals.

It seems the double check commerical with Rogers and the official is closer to reality than the NFL wants to admit.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The articel said the NFL is cracking down... no they are not, they are just putting the crew on a non nationally televised game.  So now, some struggling team has to deal with poor officiating.  They need to start suspending these guys (without pay) and fining the refs for the errors they are making.  The mistake in the Seattle/Detroit game cost the Lions the game.  The mistake in the AZ game could have been costly for the Cardinals.

It seems the double check commerical with Rogers and the official is closer to reality than the NFL wants to admit.

Agreed. This year overall has been some of the worst I have ever seen. 

43 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Ben is back to practicing today.

Yep. Just saw this per ESPN. Looks like he may play Sunday night against us. Can't say this enough ; create chaos in the backfield. Rattle BR. Don't want him getting comfortable in the pocket. That's a death sentence IMO.

I'm glad this time around we have a better safety group with Adams, Lowery, and Geathers.  Especially having Geathers to work on Heath Miller or whomever they choose to use there. I'm wondering quietly if we'd look at putting Djoun Smith on Antonio Brown in some situations, while allowing Vontae to work on Martavis Bryant. Maybe Toler, Djoun Smith, or Josh Thomas to work on Wheaton/Heyward Bey.  Smith might have the quicks to work with Brown maybe.  I didn't think Malcolm Butler did that bad of a job on Brown in that Patriots game and I think Smith has a similar skill set.   I'm just wondering this because if you put Vonta on Brown, none of our other corners have the skills to match up on Bryant.  I have this feeling we will also try the zone looks on Ben again. Hopefully it works out better if they do.

Just when I was thinking everything is okay with Adams.  It feels like this guys ankle is never going to heal.

Mike Wells ESPN Staff Writer 

Safety Mike Adams (ankle) didn’t practice again today. Coach Chuck Pagano said he’s hopeful that he’ll be able to practice Thursday. Adams has been out since injuring his ankle against Denver on Nov. 8.

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
2h

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Just when I was thinking everything is okay with Adams.  It feels like this guys ankle is never going to heal.

Mike Wells ESPN Staff Writer 

Safety Mike Adams (ankle) didn’t practice again today. Coach Chuck Pagano said he’s hopeful that he’ll be able to practice Thursday. Adams has been out since injuring his ankle against Denver on Nov. 8.

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
2h

Ankles are really tricky. I sprained my ankle in May playing basketball and it isn't fully heal yet

I'm wondering(more like believing) that we can play Pittsburgh the same way the Pats have played against our attack.  Take guys like Antonio Brown and play him with somebody like Josh Thomas or Djoun Smith and give them safety help over the top, while playing Vontae on Martavous Bryant. Or you could put Vontae on Antonio Brown one on one while using maybe Toler on Martavis Bryant with safety help.  Knowing Toler I'd probably pick the first thing I said versus letting him go anywhere near Bryant even with help.  If we play Sio Moore in this one instead of Nate Irving that would give us an additional guy we could use on Heath Miller along with however we would use Geathers in the Dime.

As long as we don't lose any key players to injury I think we could utilize the way the Pats usually play us and be effective with that as long as we do a good job controlling the run game and keeping Ben from scrambling around.

On December 1, 2015 at 5:33:01 PM, teganslaw said:

I'm not sure about this game. Their defense has stepped up, and Pittsburgh doesn't have much of secondary, but there could be a lot of passing yards.

Also, the Colts haven't had much of a running game, everything depends on passes. Can Hasselbeck out duel Roethlisberger? (If Ben plays.) Also, Hasselbeck's win streak may not last the rest of the season. Not saying we can't win, but I'm expecting Pittsburgh to play a tough game.

True about their passing game especially with Wheaton playing as well as he have. Ben is playing according to him. Hasselbeck is going have to out duel big Jen the pig pen. Which with their secondary is very possible maybe not have 400 yard game,but Ben put up 456 yards in the air and lost, let that sink in. Very winnable for colts. Who is taking the running snaps since Bradshaw is out?

10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ben failed an ImPACT test Tuesday, but then passed it this (Wednesday) morning, so he was cleared for practice.  They will monitor and continue to test, but looks like he plays Sunday if no setbacks occur.

TBH, between you, me and the fence post. This is just another one of his:drama: moves. An ego stroke for him, so the media will talk about how tough he is. It may just be my dislike for himhahahaha, but watch when he comes back from an injury (i.e.) a shoulder or ankle injury mostly. When he throws an interception or lame duck pass he always favors the injury, if it's a great play never favors it.even if it's the next play or series. 

10 minutes ago, s.e ky bengals said:

TBH, between you, me and the fence post. This is just another one of his:drama: moves. An ego stroke for him, so the media will talk about how tough he is. It may just be my dislike for himhahahaha, but watch when he comes back from an injury (i.e.) a shoulder or ankle injury mostly. When he throws an interception or lame duck pass he always favors the injury, if it's a great play never favors it.even if it's the next play or series. 

The teams I dislike the most are the Patriots and Steelers. So I hope we can pull the upset off. It would be an upset without Andrew playing. Hass is on a roll though so you never know!

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The teams I dislike the most are the Patriots and Steelers. So I hope we can pull the upset off. It would be an upset without Andrew playing. Hass is on a roll though so you never know!

Honestly I don't think it would be an upset. With the way matt has been playing and to go 4-0 and Pitt on a down year. I truly expect matt to win maybe not put up bens numbers,but with help from defense and his many years experience. I can see colts win. From a cincy fan that's hoping:D

1 minute ago, s.e ky bengals said:

Honestly I don't think it would be an upset. With the way matt has been playing and to go 4-0 and Pitt on a down year. I truly expect matt to win maybe not put up bens numbers,but with help from defense and his many years experience. I can see colts win. From a cincy fan that's hoping:D

I hope, it would be a huge win and give the Colts more room for error if we do slip up and lose 1. Cant lose that Texans game though no matter what.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope, it would be a huge win and give the Colts more room for error if we do slip up and lose 1. Cant lose that Texans game though no matter what.

True,Texans are playing some tough football. It's going to be a good battle in the south,but it's hard too see Houston taking the division. 

2 minutes ago, s.e ky bengals said:

True,Texans are playing some tough football. It's going to be a good battle in the south,but it's hard too see Houston taking the division. 

Texans and their fans want to beat us so bad that they are fuming mad at how we win the Division every year. They are 0-13 lifetime at Indy. I don't blame them with that eye popping track record. People think we are bad against the Pats, we are the Texans fans worst nightmare.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Texans and their fans want to beat us so bad that they are fuming mad at how we win the Division every year. They are 0-13 lifetime at Indy. I don't blame them with that eye popping track record. People think we are bad against the Pats, we are the Texans fans worst nightmare.

hahahaha I feel their pain. Steelers are ours as the colts are the Texans. Finally we've become competitive and the tide is turning and it kills their team and fans. Flacco said the Ravens shouldn't be getting beat by us. What he fells to see in head to head,they're only a game or 2 ahead of us. 

1 minute ago, s.e ky bengals said:

hahahaha I feel their pain. Steelers are ours as the colts are the Texans. Finally we've become competitive and the tide is turning and it kills their team and fans. Flacco said the Ravens shouldn't be getting beat by us. What he fells to see in head to head,they're only a game or 2 ahead of us. 

As long as Andrew is our QB I cant ever see the Texans turning the corner. The 2 years they won the Division, Peyton was injured in 2011 and Andrew was a Rookie in 2012. They had their little window. If they lose again to us coming up, it just becomes the same old story. They need a QB. Regarding the Bengals, you guys have actually had a solid all-around team for years now and eventhough Dalton can look Bad at times he is definitely at worse a Good QB. You guys just need to win a Playoff game is really the only time I rip the Bengals on here. To get to that Very Good or Great status you have to win in the Playoffs. This may be your guys year to do so.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Texans are playing really good football right now and their defense is a wrecking ball.  The Texans game is a worry as is the Steelers game.  If you chalk up those two as losses, how do you think we stack up, IYO?

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

Texans are playing really good football right now and their defense is a wrecking ball.  The Texans game is a worry as is the Steelers game.  If you chalk up those two as losses, how do you think we stack up, IYO?

If we lose this week I wont panic too much because I still think the Texans will lose at least 1 more game other than our game with them. Our game against them will win the Division IMO.

If the Colts can control the clock, eliminate mistakes and generate a pass rush, I think the Colts have a chance. Not only for this game but for the rest of the year and in the playoffs. Getting Luck, Castanzo, Adams and Freeman back only helps. The playoffs are (and have always been) about who gets hot.

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

If the Colts can control the clock, eliminate mistakes and generate a pass rush, I think the Colts have a chance. Not only for this game but for the rest of the year and in the playoffs. Getting Luck, Castanzo, Adams and Freeman back only helps. The playoffs are (and have always been) about who gets hot.

I think big ben has our number.  I think it will be nearly impossible under the circumstances to win there on Sunday night.  For the love of the game, Colts please win and make me eat my words so I can come back to this topic listing and eat lots and lots of crow.  Oh how I dislike Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger Sr. and the Steelers.

2 hours ago, krunk said:
Per @gerrydulac, Steelers TE-Heath Miller (questionable) not likely to play Sunday. Miller had 7 catches, 112 yards in last year’s meeting.

And made the dagger TD catch to seal their win.  Down 44 - 34 4th and inches, we blitz and Miller smokes Werner off the line to get wide open in the end zone.  :(

For those who forget, highlights here-

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/HIGHLIGHTS-Ben-Roethlisberger-vs-Colts/56fb15cb-e5d0-4776-9792-2903f643bfbe

Stillerz.jpg

Pretty much exactly what I expected.  I think they should take Hasselbeck out right now (start of 4th) and save him any more injury.  The game is WAY over.  Next week at Jax is the only thing that matters right now.  Hopefully Luck will be back or Houston.  

The saddest thing, however, is that we're going to face Pitt in the first round of the playoffs if we even make it.  Unless Luck can put up 56 (or Roethlisberger gets hurt) , we'll have no shot against their Offense.  I've never seen one team with 3 WR's like they have.