Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonotthan Harrison

C0lts088

I don't mind Harrisson as a starter, he is a much better run blocker than Holmes, but I believe Holmes is better in the game management and pass blocking. I like the decision to stick with Harrison only if Pagano sticks with his plan of keeping him in, at least the rest of the season, see what he can do over a critical stretch of the season

I don't mind Harrisson as a starter, he is a much better run blocker than Holmes, but I believe Holmes is better in the game management and pass blocking. I like the decision to stick with Harrison only if Pagano sticks with his plan of keeping him in, at least the rest of the season, see what he can do over a critical stretch of the season

That's what I'm skeptical off; I wonder if this is a pagano or grigson move.

<snip>Too much shifting on the O-line still.... Any O-line player will tell you the importance of continuity.

Maybe that is the point. Harrison HAS been playing. He played the last two games.

Maybe putting Holmes back in the mix was considered bad for the continuity they've been building. Putting Holmes in would have been a step backwards for a line that has been coming together?

Maybe that is the point. Harrison HAS been playing. He played the last two games.

Maybe putting Holmes back in the mix was considered bad for the continuity they've been building. Putting Holmes in would have been a step backwards for a line that has been coming together?

You've got to think long term. Harrison has butter fingers and has buckled under pressure before... When  healthy, Holmes has actually played well.

I believe someone posted here recently that Holmes is the worst rated pass blocking center of all thus far.

Well we will be depending more on the running for now. It's gonna be more balanced with luck out. I'm guessing that's the reasoning behind the decision.

This stinks of Grigson meddling....

Because he replaced a guy that he drafted with a guy he signed as a UDFA......obviously he favors one over the other, and he obviously favors the one that Pagano doesn't.

We have to think that, or else how would it support our conclusion that there is a rift.

Wow. I swear some of you have got to be really trying to blame everything on Grigson or trying to point out some friction that's probably not there. Holmes played decent and got injured so Harrison came in and has played a little better than Holmes so there sticking with the hot hand, isn't that what your normally supposed to do? For me I like Holmes more but I beleive they both have about the same ceiling wich isn't all that high but they will work until we can find a better one.

I could see Castanzo Mewhort Harrison Thorton turning into a solid OL over the second half of the season.

Sign Mitchell Swartz away from the Browns to play RT in the offseason.

He's going to cost. It's free agency but I don't think anyone would be upset with Grigs for spending on the O line.

Focus on D in the first 2 days of the draft.

Harrison has not played well.  He was responsible for at least 5 full speed hits on Luck in the Denver game.  Nor is his ceiling very high, he's strong but he does not move well, he's slow to disengage, he lacks awareness  of his area and he over commits when doubling and gets himself out of position and he does not understand defenses well enough to adjust protection on the outsides.

Harrison has not played well. He was responsible for at least 5 full speed hits on Luck in the Denver game. Nor is his ceiling very high, he's strong but he does not move well, he's slow to disengage, he lacks awareness of his area and he over commits when doubling and gets himself out of position and he does not understand defenses well enough to adjust protection on the outsides.

I've noticed that too they're both weak in one area. Holmes Isn't as strong but his protection calls are awesome. Harrison is strictly strength and struggles with the mental game and also snapping the ball on shotgun which I think might be easy as hell. Seems like he's looking at the qb rather than looking forward when snapping in shotgun afraid of being overpowered on the snap

I've noticed that too they're both weak in one area. Holmes Isn't as strong but his protection calls are awesome. Harrison is strictly strength and struggles with the mental game and also snapping the ball on shotgun which I think might be easy as hell. Seems like he's looking at the qb rather than looking forward when snapping in shotgun afraid of being overpowered on the snap

Holmes needs to improve his strength but I disagree that Harrison is only weak in one area... I think Harrison is a horrible center and I was surprised he made it as part of the 53 man roster after the preseason.

I think Holmes is a far better center and a mistake to replace him with Harrison.  Holmes is not as strong, but much smarter and better technique. Harrison is a mauler but has slow feet that I doubt he will ever get better at.  He will always have problems with A gap blitz and quick Dlineman.   I get tired of this back and forth.

I say start Jeff Saturday, that will solve the problem. He looks like he is in awesome shape haha. Between Harrison and Holmes, I think since Luck is out it's better to start Harrison. He is stronger and a better Run Blocker. I think the Colts will run the ball more without Luck in.

Well, Chud ran the ball 39 times with Luck in there.

I didn't see Harrison looking better. I've seen Harrison just get blown up by one guy way to many times. I think our run game has looked better with Holmes. Can you guys/gals recall Holmes getting blown up as much as Harrison? Maybe I'm just over critical on him?

I didn't see Harrison looking better. I've seen Harrison just get blown up by one guy way to many times. I think our run game has looked better with Holmes. Can you guys/gals recall Holmes getting blown up as much as Harrison? Maybe I'm just over critical on him?

he hasn't his pass protection and his calls are better he just lacks the strength in the run game that's his biggest issue but that's still better than Harrison cuz you always have to worry about him potentially throwing the ball over the qb