Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Patriots Sunday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Dan. Win a superbowl before you can be the best quarterback. He might be the best at throwing the football but I'm starting to buy into the winning aspect of the position as well.

"Brady is the best at throwing the football"

*enter Marino*

"Marino might be the best at throwing the football, but he has to win"

*enter Otto Graham, Joe Montana*

I guess you don't read every thread (and I can't blame you as that'd be ridiculous). Hell, just look in this thread and youll see me cheering for out team. Damn, even my statuses are pretty much all anout the colts in a positive and excited manner.

haha ok

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• It wasn't a great season (great would be making the Finals) but I would classify it as a very good one, one reason why is, we overachieved. Making the Final 4 is a very good accomplishment and winning 47 games to stay out of the playin scenario is pretty respectable. We also won a Game 7 at NY in the Semi's which is almost impossible to do no matter who they have out there. They did have Brunson and Divincenzo for that Game 7 for most of the game. Brunson had to leave because of a broken hand late in the 3rd but by then we were up big anyway.    Even though we got swept by Boston, it didn't even really feel like a sweep. We lost both home games without Haliburton by only 3 points and gave away Game 1 losing in OT and that was at Boston. They really only kicked our butt in Game 2.    All in all, we just lost to a slightly better team who has been in the Conference Finals for many years - so their experience in closing games was better.    We need to add 1 more piece and it needs to be someone that just focuses on being physical in the paint defensively and wants to Rebound more than anything. Turner is more of a stretch Center that has a score first mentality, he is a great shot blocker but isn't physical enough when guys come into the paint.   There are 5 levels to basketball: Level 1 - Just making the Playoffs (above average) Level 2 - Winning a Playoff series (good) Level 3 - Winning 2 Playoff series = making the Conference Finals (very good) Level 4 - Winning 3 Playoff series = Winning the Conference (great) Level 5 - Being a World Champion   -We reached Level 3   I won't be a sore loser so I will congratulate @NFLUpand the other Boston fans for winning the East. They are just better as of now.
    • I'm sorry I misstated that it was Saturday that moved him back, IIRC Saturday had stated that Smith would be staying at RT and they were moving Raimann to LT and that's what I am remembering. Still never stated it was a long term plan, I even said it was Reich grasping at straws to try and fix the O-line.   It's the simple argument of someone stating that something never happened, when it had happened. Now you're somehow trying to argue that while trying to put words in my mouth. I never said it was a long term thing. YOU and I are on the same page and the same opinion that he should remain a RT and shouldn't be changed to RG
    • Smith had a career year when he was in there last year on a bad knee.
    • You also said it was Saturday who undid it.  It wasn’t it was Reich the very next game.  That’s what I am pushing back against that this was some long term plan the Colts had.  I think most see the difference in a one game throw something at the wall to see if it sticks because you are desperate vs a long term plan that you are presenting it as.     Dungy also moved Saturday to guard for a playoff game vs the Broncos in 03 does that mean the Colts had thoughts about moving Saturday to guard or was it a one game thing?   It’s also moot now as that coach and oline coach are no longer here and Shane has made it clear since he got here he has no plans of moving Smith to right guard.
    • The argument was that he was never discussed as moving to right guard, that it was only a thing from fans. Well he was in fact moved to right guard by the Reich so it was clearly a thought process that had been discussed by more than just fans as it happened. I then stated that I don't want, nor advocated for him to be moved to RG.   I can try and break this down more if you'd like, but you're trying to argue against me like I am stating an opinion when I am stating a fact instead.
  • Members