Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Report

TKnight24

So, legitimate chance that Hasselbeck will start another game this weekend. I honestly think we still have a chance with him to win. We are a team that is in good shape QB wise currently in my opinion. If Luck sits another one, then so be it.

Honestly, I'm ok with Hasselbeck.  He's accurate, throws to the TEs, and he's 2-0.  If Luck isn't 100% what are we gaining by him playing. I know, I know - he's a football player, blah, blah, blah.  I believe the shoulder injury was worst that we know.  Luck hasn't played in in 2 weeks and he's limited at practice? 

So, legitimate chance that Hasselbeck will start another game this weekend. I honestly think we still have a chance with him to win. We are a team that is in good shape QB wise currently in my opinion. If Luck sits another one, then so be it.

We do have a chance, but like a 5% one. We didn't exactly crush the Texans (who had been demolished by the Falcons the week before), so if we're playing Hasselbeck against a stout New England defense with tons of playmakers in the front seven, we're gonna be in for a potential blowout (which could happen even if we have Luck).

If Luck is practicing and making throws (even if they lack some velocity) he needs to be out there and playing come Sunday night. It was a bit of a surprise when he didn't play vs. the Texans -- at this point if he was to sit versus NE that would indicate a very serious injury, much worse than what anyone seems to suspect at this point.

Even if they go out there and just run the ball and utilize short passes (what they probably should do regardless of Luck's pain level), having Luck at center gives us a better chance than Matt, regardless of how well he has played the last two games.

If Luck is practicing and making throws (even if they lack some velocity) he needs to be out there and playing come Sunday night. It was a bit of a surprise when he didn't play vs. the Texans -- at this point if he was to sit versus NE that would indicate a very serious injury, much worse than what anyone seems to suspect at this point.

Even if they go out there and just run the ball and utilize short passes (what they probably should do regardless of Luck's pain level), having Luck at center gives us a better chance than Matt, regardless of how well he has played the last two games.

and how poorly Luck was playing prior to that?

Yes. Luck is our franchise QB. If he can play, he plays.

To that, I agree.  He's our franchise QB and only through in-game experience will he learn.  however, you said,

"having Luck at center gives us a better chance than Matt, regardless of how well he has played the last two games."

^^This I don't know that I necessarily agree with.  Luck had been playing very poorly and Matt has played well.  Granted, difference in skill levels of the opposing defenses, adjustments have been made to the OL etc, but still, Luck was making some very bad decisions and throws.  I can't say right now that I definitely think Luck gives us the better chance to win.

in the grand scheme of things, yes I agree.  I don't know that I agree that he gives us a better chance to win on Sunday though.

I guess I like to think that even if he isn't 100%, the Pats have to respect his abilities more than they do Matt's -- despite the mediocre play of Luck in the first few games this year. We all know he can ball when he is on.

I guess I like to think that even if he isn't 100%, the Pats have to respect his abilities more than they do Matt's -- despite the mediocre play of Luck in the first few games this year. We all know he can ball when he is on.

That, he definitely can.  Hopefully he's back on when he returns to the field. :)

Agreed. You need your best players on the field when facing teams like New England. Especially at the QB position.

We may need 12 or 13 players on the field.

THAT, i'm afraid is what we may need.

Maybe have 2 guys with same number? Hide an extra guy behind Parry?

You gotta ask youself....... WWBD. ?

(What would belichek do)

We outta pump crowd noise thru their headsets . (For old times sake).

haha

We may need 12 or 13 players on the field.

THAT, i'm afraid is what we may need.

Maybe have 2 guys with same number? Hide an extra guy behind Parry?

You gotta ask youself....... WWBD. ?

(What would belichek do)

We outta pump crowd noise thru their headsets . (For old times sake).

haha

Hey man, if you have to knock over an old lady and go 70 when the speed limit is 60 to win, you have to do it. Win at all costs.