Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago Bears having a fire sale!

MrNLM

Martellus Bennet and possibly Forte too. What the heck is going on?  Bennet is their biggest producer imo in the receiving corp.

Forte makes sense given his age.  But Bennett and Alshon are still young/in their prime.  They'd be good veterans to keep around for when this new regime presumably picks their own QB to work with.

Forte makes sense given his age.  But Bennett and Alshon are still young/in their prime.  They'd be good veterans to keep around for when this new regime presumably picks their own QB to work with.

I really like Alshon a lot. Would love for the Pats to take a look at him if price is right.

Bennet is 28, Forte is 29.  Does a year that make much of a difference?  Albeit they do play different positions.

Bennet is 28, Forte is 29.  Does a year that make much of a difference?  Albeit they do play different positions.

Position difference is huge, in my opinion.  The Bears have used Forte a lot ever since they drafted him and he has a lot of wear and tear on his tires.  Plus, as a RB, he takes a lot more hits.

Something tells me it's a bad locker room, and they don't mind getting rid of anyone with a hint of stink on them.

Cutler's time will come this off season. They may be wishing his injury was worse.

will entertain ANY & ALL offers for cutler  :goodluck:

I always wonder if Cutler is used as a negative benchmark like "Yeah, Sam Bradford sucks & Mark Sanchez is no prize in Philadelphia either, but at least we don't have Jay Cutler at the helm right?" LOL! 

Even his alma mater Vanderbilt University is denying that he ever gradated from those hallowed halls. Cutler who? 

Alshon is in a contract year so if they don't plan to re-sign him they might as well get something for him. That said he is a big target and one of the few skilled players you would want to pair up with a young qb if you draft one. It all depends on what type of money he wants....if he is looking for something over 10 mill a season...they likely move on.

How can the Pats keep fitting these players under their salary cap? As for Cutler, he has a huge contract that's fully guarenteed, doubt they find anyone to take him. I like Long, but for a 1st? No, maybe for a 3ed.

Sad part is, they would probably take a 3rd for him. Grigson should attempt to make a trade.

I don't think they listen to any offers on Long unless it's a ridiculous offers. They have a young QB incoming so the last thing you wanna do is have him come in with a weakened O-Line.

I'd see what they want for Brock Vereen, the FS. They just drafted Adrian Amos who they may like better. Vereen is really young so that's a plus.

It's what Bill is known for & I give him credit for it. However, just once I'd love to hear Foxboro fans say "Darn, INDY just made an exceptional trade today or acquired the steal of the 2016 draft."

It's a pipe dream I know but if water was found on Mars yesterday courtesy of NASA, remarkable events can indeed unfold once in awhile right?  haha

Hey, don't let it get too you too much. We did get the steal of the 2015 draft, afterall.

Thatʻs a scary thought...especially Dallas and Denver

While it would be a boon at the RB position, Denver's line still can't run block to save their lives.

Their run game would improve but it's not like it would be lights out or anything. It would be fair at best....but then again maybe that's all Denver would need with that defense.