Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Bills Game #1 Predictions And What You Want To See Thread

RockThatBlue

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is going to go down like that, after Tyrod turns it over in the red zone 2 times.

I think this game will be a lot more competitive than you are anticipating.  Buffalo isn't some scrub team.  Tyrod actually played well during the preseason.  We'll see how it goes down.  Hopefully Colts come away with the W at the end of the day.

For whatever reason, I'm worrying a lot about this game compared to other games. Maybe it's because its the start of the season and I want the Colts to start off well. Or maybe it's because I'm overestimating them and making them much better than they actually are. Anyways, I think it'll be a close game depending on if we can contain McCoy, Taylor, and overcome their defense. I'm hoping the Colts win, but I could see this going both ways, and while I would be a little upset if we lost, I wouldn't be surprised.

Rex: "The strength of their team is Andrew Luck. Let's not say that the strength of their team is their defense. It's not."

Which is true.

More Rex: "I'm calling our fans out. I need you. This guy is the No. 1 fantasy QB this week. He's the play. He's the go to guy."

ok.....

Waiting for Rex to get chastised by forum members. Doesn't he know this team is so much more than Luck?

Colts 35 Bills 21

The one thing I want to see in this game and all future games is a ruthless style on offense. If we are up by 20 + points, don't hold back, put our foot on their throats and let them cry about running the score up later. If we want to eventually overcome a team like the Pats, which let's face it, that's really the tell all game of the season, then we need to do some play calling like them. They are relentless on offense even when they are well ahead of an opponent.

It's the NFL, mercy is for children....

Go Blue!

HI, Bills Fan here. I think the game is going to be close.. I feel the game is won in the trenches though and our defense beats out your offense line. On our end we have a young QB with lots of promise. Either way I feel this will be a tough match up for both teams and wanted to pop in and say hi.

Good Luck with your season... Hope it is a good clean game and may the best team win. Good luck with your season Colts Fans :D

There is some great analysis here, but for those predicting the Buffalo defense will give up 30+ points, here are some stats:

-Only one team scored 30+ against the Bills last year: NE, in Foxboro (37 points).

-In 2013, the defense let up 30 points only once at "home" (Atlanta, but that was actually played in Toronto).

So in two years (15 home games, minus Toronto), the Bills have effectively not let a single opponent score 30 points against the defense in Orchard Park.

There is no way to know what Buffalo's offense will be able to do with an unknown QB, against a revamped and equally unknown Indy D, but we know what the defense does. Letting up 30 points in Buffalo is not one of those things, even against the best talent in the league. I'm not saying it will not happen, I just think you'd make a HUGE amount of money in Vegas if you bet on it and won. Like I always say, anything can happen.

Great discussions here. I'm trying to use my "5 posts per day" sparingly until I get the restriction lifted. I wish I could take the 2 1/2 hour trip to hang out with some of you for the game in Indy.

BONUS: After I typed "Foxboro," I looked at it and thought, "That's an odd spelling. Shouldn't it be Foxborough?" So I looked it up, and am regretting it every second I think about it. If you needed one more reason to hate the Patriots, Google Foxboro and Foxborough. You will instantly find a massive urge to find a Patriots fan, and pummel him.

I am really excited to see if Anderson, Parry, Kerr, Okine, and the new guy from seattle can cause some damage on the D-Line.  Hopefully our O-line looks stable as well, I am hoping they have had a chance to gel and play good.  If you get killed in the trenches it makes it very tough to overcome.  I have been trying to fine more info on Sio Moore a lot of people said he may still be recovering from hip surgery, he could potentially play a big role in this game, a lot of times when you have an opposing quarterback that can pull it down at any time and scramble you want to spy him, a role I am wondering if Geathers or Moore could play.  So it should be interesting what type of defensive game plan we come out with.  Should be interesting how we utilize Geathers all year you put a guy like that with a creative defensive coordinator it opens up a lot of possibilities.  I saw there were some Bills fans here too, I hope you stick it to New England hard this year!!

Why is Tyrod Taylor being so hyped? The guy has never started a game and wasn't highly sought after in the first place. That should be by far and away the most obvious determining factor in predicting this game.

I won't say the Bills are going to get blown out, but that's as likely as the Bills winning. 

there's nothing wrong with saying we.  jim irsay has addressed this before, if you are a fan that only watches games from home, you are still with them in spirit.  that still counts as being part of the horse shoe

Ok.  :^)

HI, Bills Fan here. I think the game is going to be close.. I feel the game is won in the trenches though and our defense beats out your offense line. On our end we have a young QB with lots of promise. Either way I feel this will be a tough match up for both teams and wanted to pop in and say hi.

Good Luck with your season... Hope it is a good clean game and may the best team win. Good luck with your season Colts Fans :D

Terrelle Pryor also had lots of promise, IIRC.

Bills fan here i like looking at our opponents message boards every week to see what other teams think about how the game will play out. Heres some things i would like to throw out

- Buffalo is a very tough place to play especially opening day. We broke a season ticket record this year because of all the off-season pickups, so the Ralph is going to be rocking no chance this game is a colts blowout or bills blowout for that matter

-Tyrod is the key for us, just like Luck, Taylor has tons of talent to throw too. Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay, & of course Shady are going to be a handful for you guys. Really interested to see if Tyrod can get the ball to these guys. Id assume Indy will stack the box to make him beat them with his arm

-Our biggest off-season pickup imo was Greg Roman. He is a top 10 offensive mind in the game & does a great job tailoring his gameplan to his QB. I gotta admit im pretty excited to see a read option with tyrod, shady, & percy harvin on jet sweeps

-Our D will be tough to score on Luck & Co will get theirs but i wouldnt expect more then 24 points from the offense. Obviously our front 4 even with Dareus out is great, Bradham & Brown are both 3 down backers who are solid in coverage, our secondary is deeper then most think.  If Darby struggles early (which i expect Luck to pick on him) i wouldnt be surprised if they moved Corey Graham back to corner 

-I think it ends in a one score game 24-20 to either side. 

Good Luck Sunday Guys heres to a good game & no injuries

Good post man and agreed on al points. All the focus being on our O v your D I think the game may well be decided with our D v your O.  There were games last year where we flat shut down opposing Offenses (Cincinnati) and then there were games like New England and Pittsburgh.  We can be so J&H that it's impossible to say sometimes, espcially with Tyrod being an unkown quantity for the most part.  Anyway, I responded to your post primarily because I hope the Bills, Dolphins and Jets beat the life out of New Cheatland this season...Good lost post week 1.

Why is Tyrod Taylor being so hyped? The guy has never started a game and wasn't highly sought after in the first place. That should be by far and away the most obvious determining factor in predicting this game.

I won't say the Bills are going to get blown out, but that's as likely as the Bills winning. 

I think it is because many Bills fans are upset that we haven't had a consistent starter at QB since Jim Kelly. We've had some "good" seasons from QB's, but never that franchise player. The same thing happened with Trent Edwards. His HOF enshrinement occurred the first drive he played against NE in 2007. I couldn't believe the utterly insane overreaction to that guy, and now this. 

The fact is, this guy could be great, awful, or anywhere in between. I am not a fan of QB's who take off running so quickly, or that have not proven they can make plays through the air in the pocket, so I was hoping EJ would start. Regardless, so far he makes great decisions, is very athletic, and makes sharp throws. That could all change in the regular season, when he sees tougher formations and schemes. It will also depend on how well we run the ball early.

If I had a prediction on what I think he will do on Sunday, believe me, I would give it; I am quite outspoken. I honestly have absolutely no idea. 

Colts are a better team and will win the game.

The O Line doesnt stink and the D is faster to the ball this year.

We have too many weapons on offense. The superior QB by a mile. It might start shaky its game one. It could be close but it shouldn't be.

Tough to tell with all of our changes.  But I know in Ralph Wilson stadium, and the Bills D, the game score is likely to be low (I'm taking the under, which is at 45 currently), and I think the Bills have lost by 4 or less points in 14 out their last 16 losses.  They do not get blown out, they hang around.  Thanks greatly to the efforts of Frank Gore and the running game being at least NFL quality, I think we sneak out of there with a 23 - 20 win.

Colts 35 Bills 21

The one thing I want to see in this game and all future games is a ruthless style on offense. If we are up by 20 + points, don't hold back, put our foot on their throats and let them cry about running the score up later. If we want to eventually overcome a team like the Pats, which let's face it, that's really the tell all game of the season, then we need to do some play calling like them. They are relentless on offense even when they are well ahead of an opponent.

It's the NFL, mercy is for children....

Go Blue!

AMEN Brother -no mercy. You will get none so give none!