Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jury Finds Ex-Colts Player Josh Mcnary Not Guilty On All Counts In Rape Case

Everyone

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the spur of the moment warrants such a reaction. But unfortunately, unless you have video proof nowadays, it is hard to get convictions in favor of   against women. You will have bad apples like these every once in a while but Josh McNary has to follow through and sue her in return, IMO. 

For a second there, I thought you were talking about deflategate.

What do you propose....having to have a signed consent document and a video recording with the both parties agreeing to sex?

If you have been to any college talks on sexual assault, that is almost what they want to happen.

The last one I went to, I just kept thinking, "Yeah, that's not realistic". 

youre insinuating that I have had a run in with the law which created my current state of opinion on law enforcerment

That is not what I am saying.  I am saying that you have a completely unreasonable opinion of law enforcement, period.

yea because every cop is a law-biding citizen

What has that got to do with your statement that you never have or will meet a decent cop?

Not every school teacher is a law abiding citizen, that doesn't mean that the vast majority are not decent people.

What has that got to do with your statement that you never have or will meet a decent cop?

Not every school teacher is a law abiding citizen, that doesn't mean that the vast majority are not decent people.

im stating my experience.

yea because every cop is a law-biding citizen

Ok:

There's bad cops, we know.  But, the same thing can be said about any profession. Let me list a few for you

Actor: I do believe we have one thats accused of raping multiple women right now.  Thats not counting the scores who have been on drugs

Spokesperson: Jared ...enough said

Politician: do I even need to explain this one.....

Teacher: How many times has a teacher been caught sleeping with a student

Military: Abu Grab ring a bell?

Face it, there's examples of every profession having bad apples.  Does not mean the entire profession is bad (except for politicians haha). Cops are no different.  So please, take your fight against the cops else where and lets get back to football

Ok:

There's bad cops, we know.  But, the same thing can be said about any profession. Let me list a few for you

Actor: I do believe we have one thats accused of raping multiple women right now.  Thats not counting the scores who have been on drugs

Face it, there's examples of every profession having bad apples.  Does not mean the entire profession is bad (except for politicians haha). Cops are no different.  So please, take your fight against the cops else where and lets get back to football

walk a mile in my shoes involving cops then come talk

walk a mile in my shoes involving cops then come talk

You dont know me.  You have no idea the interactions I have had with police, especially when I was younger.  I've had more than I care to repeat.  Some good, some bad.  But I've never been treated unfairly or unjustly by any of them.  Even while sitting in cuffs.  And if you really want to tick them off, do something dumb like drag racing on public streets an hour before they get off shift on christmas morning........

You're a smart guy and happily married. That helps. :)

I agree with you. It is not that difficult to avoid those situations. It takes discipline and good judgment. Hopefully both these individuals involved have learned their lesson. There are no winners here.

Yep. Having a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who has blessed me with a wonderful wife and a Holy Spirit that speaks to me and warns me of possible bad situations gives me a great deal of an advantage but there are still temptations out there for sure. Nothing the Devil would like more than to ruin a good testimony so I try very hard to avoid those temptations. Definately not perfect and I do remember when I was younger in college how difficult it was not to go out with my friends to a strip club or to give into a girlfriend at the time but I knew deep down nothing good could come from that and any pleasure is fleeting. I am so thankful for what I have now and enjoy a deeper and quite fullfilling marriage on all levels and hopefully I can continue to honor my wife and my Lord by living the life he intends for me.

Indeed. Many do not have the same Helper that I and many others have. It is actually quite easy to see getting into trouble or a bad scenerio without that guidance so I completely understand these things are all to common. Even with the proper teachings from parents and pastors etc one could easily give into a weak moment and unfortunately the Destroyer loves to wreck lives and ruin those who he can get his grips on. As you said its a horrible situation in which two lives have been forever affected for the worse. Only pray they and others will learn, grow, and be healed of this awful situation.

I really liked McNary. Good guy, veteran and good player. It's a shame that his name was dragged through the mud and lost his job because of this crap. These women need and men in other cases need to be equally charged for false accusations. It should be a crime with a steep steep penalty.

You dont know me.  You have no idea the interactions I have had with police, especially when I was younger.  I've had more than I care to repeat.  Some good, some bad.  But I've never been treated unfairly or unjustly by any of them.  Even while sitting in cuffs.  And if you really want to tick them off, do something dumb like drag racing on public streets an hour before they get off shift on christmas morning........

you dont know me either

Wow...you said a mouthful. I can only imagine that scenerio. I'm sure that was a situation that would definately lend itself for someone to lose their cool

Ok:

I 100% endorse this statement. The actions of a few shouldn't outweigh the work of the many. I have family members in law enforcement and have been helped numerous times by officers. I've also seen some come in just looking to crack some skulls and fortunately the calm head of their partner has won the day. I think this subject would be deserving of its own thread but I think its pretty sad how cops are being treated in the media and public right now. Certainly there are some victims too that have had horrible treatment at the hands of a few cops too so I don't want to say there is no mistreatment but these men and women do a tough tough job putting their life on the line almost daily and dealing with many people that have no respect for life or property and overall I think they do an amazing job.

you dont know me either

never claimed too.  But you also have not had dealings with every single cop out there. That's impossible.  But yet you act like you have.  

These men and women put their lives on the line day in and day out, most don't make but maybe 45k a year average( yeah some are higher, some are lower). And it's not always by breaching doors and serving warrants etc.  Sometimes they are doing it by stopping to help a driver change a tire(seen that), some times its rushing into a burning building to save a child because the cop beat the fire department to the scene of a fire. And sometimes, its them having to shoot a robbery suspect who's trying to attack them because the suspect had to have a pack of cigars.

So yeah, lets not judge all cops based on the negative actions of a few.

And second, lets keep this war on cops off this page.

no do actual police work and stop having them just tell their side of the story

What makes you think that actual police work wasn't done?

Because this is he said, she said,  these are incredibly hard cases to prove.

But the police did enough work that a prosecutor thought it was a winnable case.      Turns out the prosecutor was wrong.

And, a someone else noted here,  11 of the 13 jurors (including an alternate) were women.

She made a claim.    But it couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.    

This happens all the time.    You're noticing this because it happened to a Colts' player.

Wow. That woman should be locked up for LIFE

A finding of not guilty does not mean that the rape didn't happen or that the jury thinks she's lying.

It means that there was not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict.

So if the jury though this was a 50/50 case and where not sure who to believe, they are duty bound to aquit.

never claimed too. But you also have not had dealings with every single cop out there. That's impossible. But yet you act like you have.

These men and women put their lives on the line day in and day out, most don't make but maybe 45k a year average( yeah some are higher, some are lower). And it's not always by breaching doors and serving warrants etc. Sometimes they are doing it by stopping to help a driver change a tire(seen that), some times its rushing into a burning building to save a child because the cop beat the fire department to the scene of a fire. And sometimes, its them having to shoot a robbery suspect who's trying to attack them because the suspect had to have a pack of cigars.

Yawn. I have zero issues with police. Seen bad ones and good ones.

But spare me the life on the line for low pay. They aren't forced into their career choice. There are many jobs that put one in danger. Home health nurses, firemen, EMT's and others. It doesn't give those professions the right to act like they are above the law.

never claimed too. But you also have not had dealings with every single cop out there. That's impossible. But yet you act like you have.

These men and women put their lives on the line day in and day out, most don't make but maybe 45k a year average( yeah some are higher, some are lower). And it's not always by breaching doors and serving warrants etc. Sometimes they are doing it by stopping to help a driver change a tire(seen that), some times its rushing into a burning building to save a child because the cop beat the fire department to the scene of a fire. And sometimes, its them having to shoot a robbery suspect who's trying to attack them because the suspect had to have a pack of cigars.

Yawn. I have zero issues with police. Seen bad ones and good ones.

But spare me the life on the line for low pay. They aren't forced into their career choice. There are many jobs that put one in danger. Home health nurses, firemen, EMT's and others. It doesn't give those professions the right to act like they are above the law.

Yep. Having a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who has blessed me with a wonderful wife and a Holy Spirit that speaks to me and warns me of possible bad situations gives me a great deal of an advantage but there are still temptations out there for sure. Nothing the Devil would like more than to ruin a good testimony so I try very hard to avoid those temptations. Definately not perfect and I do remember when I was younger in college how difficult it was not to go out with my friends to a strip club or to give into a girlfriend at the time but I knew deep down nothing good could come from that and any pleasure is fleeting. I am so thankful for what I have now and enjoy a deeper and quite fullfilling marriage on all levels and hopefully I can continue to honor my wife and my Lord by living the life he intends for me.

Indeed. Many do not have the same Helper that I and many others have. It is actually quite easy to see getting into trouble or a bad scenerio without that guidance so I completely understand these things are all to common. Even with the proper teachings from parents and pastors etc one could easily give into a weak moment and unfortunately the Destroyer loves to wreck lives and ruin those who he can get his grips on. As you said its a horrible situation in which two lives have been forever affected for the worse. Only pray they and others will learn, grow, and be healed of this awful situation.

Knowing is one thing, following it and enforcing it is another. Kudos to you for sharing from your heart.

When I started dating, one of my dates acted surprised when I told her I had never smoked weed in my life, not sure why. I guess we all make assumptions about life and/or each other based on circumstances we have encountered personally.