Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Tackling

RockThatBlue

I was, and still am, completely disappointed in the teams tackling. Coaching will have to step up and correct this or will have a new coaching staff next year

It's the stupid NFL's fault. All these limited full pad pracices have the tackling poor for all teams. Ravens got TORCHED today too from poor tackling. I live in VA so their the local team, them & Washington so I'm forced to watch those games if I wanna watch a game on tv

Luckily, I got Sunday Ticket this year cause I just moved and DirecTv had a package deal for it

It's the stupid NFL's fault. All these limited full pad pracices have the tackling poor for all teams. Ravens got TORCHED today too from poor tackling. I live in VA so their the local team, them & Washington so I'm forced to watch those games if I wanna watch a game on tv

Luckily, I got Sunday Ticket this year cause I just moved and DirecTv had a package deal for it

I don't think the NFL has anything to do with the poor tackling. The Vikings and Panthers have done a pretty good job of it.

I don't think the NFL has anything to do with the poor tackling. The Vikings and Panthers have done a pretty good job of it.

It plays a part, But the Colts problem is too manyguys either take bad angles or try to appear on sportscenter with a big hit. Just wrap on and get ready for the next play

I'm not worried about the tackling...it'll shore up as preseason continues and they see more full contact.

I was actually IMPRESSED with the amount of penetration our  D got most of the game. when the tackling shores up...they'll be impressive.

Herron should be worried, his #2 RB spot could be in jeopardy.

I'm not worried about the tackling...it'll shore up as preseason continues and they see more full contact.

I was actually IMPRESSED with the amount of penetration our  D got most of the game. when the tackling shores up...they'll be impressive.

Herron should be worried, his #2 RB spot could be in jeopardy.

You know how this coaching staff is, they'll pick experience over production. We've seen it a million times since Pagano & Co. have gotten here. Young guy or Younger guy shines but the "experienced" guy still plays

It needs to get better.  I am the first person to say don't over react to pre-season but tackling isn't a product of not game planning or running vanilla stuff in pre-season it's a product of just not tackling well.  I thought the first team defense looked a little better than last week and they frankly they are the important ones but tackling is an issue right now and must improve. 

It needs to get better. I am the first person to say don't over react to pre-season but tackling isn't a product of not game planning or running vanilla stuff in pre-season it's a product of just not tackling well. I thought the first team defense looked a little better than last week and they frankly they are the important ones but tackling is an issue right now and must improve.

Agreed, our special teams tackling is downright atrocious too.

Agreed, our special teams tackling is downright atrocious too.

I'd be less concerned about special teams right now because our special teams guys are the second stringers on defense and offense right now.  I think the special teams will work themselves out once the Colts get into the season.  Pagano has always had a pretty good special teams unit in his time here other than maybe the returner spot.

I'm tired of seeing this whiff and completely missed easy tackles. It's unacceptable of you ask me. It's the most basic part of football that they've been doing since Pop Werner. The talking was an issue least year too, and it wasn't just Landry.

Colts might be shopping for a new defensive coordinator soon because I'm not sure what Manusky is doing. You're a DC, teach your guys how to square up and take the appropriate angle so that they can wrap up and make a play. It's football 101.

I'm just tired of our franchise QB playing behind a below average offensive line every year and getting killed.

I'm also sick of teams running the ball down our throats.

But let's overpay mediocore players to rich contracts, and over-aged players. Let's forget about building within the trenches. They aren't important apparently.

I'm just tired of our franchise QB playing behind a below average offensive line every year and getting killed.

I'm also sick of teams running the ball down our throats.

But let's overpay mediocore players to rich contracts, and over-aged players. Let's forget about building within the trenches. They aren't important apparently.

our run defense -other than that 1 -47 yard run was quite good.   take that away, the bears asa team averaged 3.7ypc.  Forte averaged a humble 3 YPC using our starting defense.

the O-line did quite good run blocking today.Gore and Robinson averaged over 4.5 ypc each.  _I think it is more the RB though at times.

Pass blocking was bad, but give the bears credit,..they have VERY talented pass rushers.  Also, this.team has only played 5 drives together.  last year 3 of the five were not on our starting line, or at a.different position.  They just need some time working with.each other in NFL full speed games.

You know how this coaching staff is, they'll pick experience over production. We've seen it a million times since Pagano & Co. have gotten here. Young guy or Younger guy shines but the "experienced" guy still plays

I will agree with this. Our coaches are stubborn and play experience over talent even in the face of it being clearly a wide gap. Only when they have seen crap all year long and the fans and press really start making noise to they change up. It should be (at this point it appears) Gore, Robinson and then???? Same argument could be made at the RT spot. Good has played well enough in game time view to warrant a look with the first group and putting Mewhort back at the LG spot.

oh yeah......the tackling.   I remember this lack of skill for years.   Do the players and coaches realize that just hitting someone will not make them go down?  Wrap your arms around them.   A basic skill.  Ug.

Edited by 21isSuperman

The tackling

The penalties

The blocking

The dropped passes

Colts preseason everybody

Well, of course the first team isn't going to worry about that since they already made it. But what about the 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to prove themselves and keep making mistakes?