Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Duron Carter!

needanoline63

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is doing it against the starting D then yes, if he is mopping the floor with

2nd and 3rd stringers then more needs to be seen of him before getting too

excited.

It looks promising for sure.

Luck threw 2 of Carters 4 receiving touchdowns today so I'm sure it was against the starting defense at some point

Luck threw 2 of Carters 4 receiving touchdowns today so I'm sure it was against the starting defense at some point

That's promising to know. I read where he ripped an interception away from Chance Casey, which

prompted me to say "who on earth is Chance Casey"???

so vincent brown or griffer

Right now I have to give it to Griff, but let Brown have another couple weeks of learning the offense and I believe his name will be mentioned more. Brown was nothing special, but he was a pretty solid receiver in SD. Might be a good battle towards the end of camp and the final cuts.

I don't want to throw water on what Carter did today, since according to camp reports he has possibly stood out more than anyone the first week. Regardless, Hasselback threw all 4 TD's to Carter according to Colts.com. Don't know if any were against the first team.

"Carter and Matt Hasselbeckicon-article-link.gif connected on four red-zone touchdowns. The former Canadian Football Leaguer did a tremendous job going up and getting the football on Friday, including a play where he took a potential interception away from cornerback Chance Caseyicon-article-link.gif.From an individual standpoint, Carter’s Friday might be the best day we’ve seen from a Colts player after a week in Anderson. From Colts.com

Regardless if first team or second team, he sounds like he is going to be a great addition. Glad we got him instead of Minn.

I also thought it was interesting how the team talked about how good Fleener has looked and been overshadowed a bit by Carter. Fleener was awesome in the red zone drills. Luck through 4 TD's out of 5 throws. 2 to Fleener, 2 to AJ. Love all the talent.

"When Carter has a day like he did on Friday, the afternoon for Coby Fleener gets a bit overshadowed. Fleener was a key red-zone target though with a couple of touchdowns. With all the wide receiver talent on the roster, you almost forget about the weapon Fleener is when the field shrinks", from Colts.com

Props to Duron Carter, he had a great day and definitely showed he belongs on this team! The great thing about his performance today is that now our WR situation is completely up in the air after Hilton and Andre. If Carter completely balls in the preseason, he could be the 3rd WR potentially. We may of gotten a potential high pick player for free here. Can't wait to see what tomorrow and the preseason brings!

Right now I have to give it to Griff, but let Brown have another couple weeks of learning the offense and I believe his name will be mentioned more. Brown was nothing special, but he was a pretty solid receiver in SD. Might be a good battle towards the end of camp and the final cuts.

Griff would be my guess. Been solid with the team for 3 years and has some good hands. Seems to catch if it touches his hand. Also is hard worker on special teams. Like blocking and tackling (based on drills Wednesday Night)

Good news.

I think that Carter and Dorsett tearing it up in camp is just awesome, but I don't think that there is any real doubt that Moncrief is going to be the 3rd WR... at least by the measure of snaps and targets.

Moncrief can ball, make no mistake. He knows the playbook and has chemistry with #12. I think that he has superstar potential.

Chuck likes to bring rookie WRs into the fold slowly... Remember our frustration when T.Y. couldn't get enough snaps as a rookie? Remember when Nicks was being continually played over Moncrief last season?

Dorsett and Carter both look to be the real deal thus far. That is awesome for the team's future. I can envision a future in which we have 4 #1 caliber receivers for the next few years, or at least until it's time to pay some of these guys.

That is a nice problem to have. I hope that they all develop to their utmost potential... If nothing else, a trade market for Colts WRs will open up and we can get some picks out of the logjam of talent at the position.

Yeah...this is how it went:

Hasselback drops back to throw on the second team, same time Luck drops  back for first team.  Luck has no-one open and glances out the corner of his eye that Matt does not see Carter wide open in the end zone.  Luck decides to remedy the situation....on two different occasions...lol

4 WR Sets with Hilton, and Dorsett as Burners with big bodied Johnson and Carter has me frothing at the mouth, and surely is causing preemptive nightmares for opposing DC's. Throw Fleener / Allen into the mix, I don't know how anyone can possibly defend that.

I don't think it's possible to stop this aerial attack, even if you drop 6 DB's into coverage, I think we will still be able to throw it, Defenses will not be able to dictate how we play the game this season and that is HUGE. If they want to drop 6 in coverage, what will they do when we play action fake to Gore?

This season records will be broken.

4 WR Sets with Hilton, and Dorsett as Burners with big bodied Johnson and Carter has me frothing at the mouth, and surely is causing preemptive nightmares for opposing DC's. Throw Fleener / Allen into the mix, I don't know how anyone can possibly defend that.

I don't think it's possible to stop this aerial attack, even if you drop 6 DB's into coverage, I think we will still be able to throw it, Defenses will not be able to dictate how we play the game this season and that is HUGE. If they want to drop 6 in coverage, what will they do when we play action fake to Gore?

I've been saying this since dorsett was drafted.  Especially for week 1 vrs. the Bill's.  Sure they have a strong front seven...but best way to deal with that is play a 4 wide set.  How damaging is that front 7 when it turns into a front 5....and have to put so-so corners on 4 good/great receivers?....And how much would Gore be grinning from ear-to-ear if he lines up seeing dime formation with safeties backed up cause of the speed they have to cover?

I don't want to throw water on what Carter did today, since according to camp reports he has possibly stood out more than anyone the first week. Regardless, Hasselback threw all 4 TD's to Carter according to Colts.com. Don't know if any were against the first team.

"Carter and Matt Hasselbeckicon-article-link.gif connected on four red-zone touchdowns. The former Canadian Football Leaguer did a tremendous job going up and getting the football on Friday, including a play where he took a potential interception away from cornerback Chance Caseyicon-article-link.gif.From an individual standpoint, Carter’s Friday might be the best day we’ve seen from a Colts player after a week in Anderson. From Colts.com

Regardless if first team or second team, he sounds like he is going to be a great addition. Glad we got him instead of Minn.

I also thought it was interesting how the team talked about how good Fleener has looked and been overshadowed a bit by Carter. Fleener was awesome in the red zone drills. Luck through 4 TD's out of 5 throws. 2 to Fleener, 2 to AJ. Love all the talent.

"When Carter has a day like he did on Friday, the afternoon for Coby Fleener gets a bit overshadowed. Fleener was a key red-zone target though with a couple of touchdowns. With all the wide receiver talent on the roster, you almost forget about the weapon Fleener is when the field shrinks", from Colts.com

Add a tall Moncrief on the red zone package and Luck would have a field day against smallish

corner backs.

The running game definitely needs to step up in certain games. Teams will test our running attack

and we need to be effective in doing so in those games.

Griff would be my guess. Been solid with the team for 3 years and has some good hands. Seems to catch if it touches his hand. Also is hard worker on special teams. Like blocking and tackling (based on drills Wednesday Night)

I would have to say I agree with you. You can't beat the experience he has in our offense, or the great go to work and prove yourself attitude he comes to work with. I just think Brown will start to come on later in camp and make the battle a little more interesting.

Perhaps but Griff does have the edge because of it

I agree 100% with you that he has the edge. However, in the end I do truly think that we will start the regular season with only 5 WRs and roll with 4 RBs instead. Call it a hunch, but I beleve we will be losing Griff to another team that is in need of a solid WR.

He still might play next week. We don't know how serious or non serious it is yet.

Even though the injury doesn't appear to be serious, those groin and leg injuries can nag you throughout the season. I think the Colts already can tell what they have in Carter. If he's even the slightest bit nicked up, I think you have to sit him.

I was watching some of the catches Duron was making when he was posting workout videos. Plus, people seem to forget the size and speed he possesses. If he can keep on improve in all areas of the game, I have no doubt that he's going to be a star for us in a year or two. I know Cris' is going to push this kid to live up to the best of his ability.

Carter is taller, stronger, and faster than Moncrief.  But don't get me wrong, I like him also. the Colts are set @ WR for years to come if they are  able to keep them.

Taller? Yes*. Stronger? No. Faster? Certainly not.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for Carter's potential, but that's all that it is right now.

*Moncrief's vert was about 6.5 inches better than Carter's coming out of college

Taller? Yes*. Stronger? No. Faster? Certainly not.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for Carter's potential, but that's all that it is right now.

*Moncrief's vert was about 6.5 inches better than Carter's coming out of college

This is true speak.

Having said that... if Carter knows whats good for him... it wont take long for him to pass up Moncrief in those categories.

I doubt he will ever be faster but if he does right by himself then he wont have to be.