Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Polian: "Colts as good as anybody"

TKnight24

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks to him lol.

But I somewhat Agree. With the exception of maybe 2-3 teams, the Colts have shown since 2012 that they can beat sent team. But the Patriots are the one team the Colts aren't as good as. It's been proven 4 times. But while I think the Colts ate on the cusp of a Superbowl. They lack key, course players to be considered one of the elite teams in the NFL

We are as good as anybody IMO. Especially if we have a few of our young guys break out. Which I'm expecting. We're right there with Seattle, New England, Green Bay, and Denver. And yes I said Denver. Peyton's gonna have a good year. He's not done yet.

A whole article seriously did not need to be made about that :funny: but I do admire his ability to turn the obvious into a full blown article. Short version: We have Luck so we have a chance. Personally I look forward to the day that the Colts are talked about more for being a great team then basically saying we have Luck, we have a chance.....even though he did mention a couple of our short term additions

The Colts aren't as good as New England, Seattle, Dallas, or Green Bay

The Colts are basically on par with the Packers. Elite QB, good receivers, shaky O-line, and a sketchy defense with a lack of star players. The one thing Greenbay has the Colts don't is an elite RB. And the one thing the Colts have that the Packers would love is a lockdown corner.

No thanks to him lol.

But I somewhat Agree. With the exception of maybe 2-3 teams, the Colts have shown since 2012 that they can beat sent team. But the Patriots are the one team the Colts aren't as good as. It's been proven 4 times. But while I think the Colts ate on the cusp of a Superbowl. They lack key, course players to be considered one of the elite teams in the NFL

Over the last 3 years the Colts have proven to not be as good as the Pats.  In 2015 that has not been proven yet.

The Colts are basically on par with the Packers. Elite QB, good receivers, shaky O-line, and a sketchy defense with a lack of star players. The one thing Greenbay has the Colts don't is an elite RB. And the one thing the Colts have that the Packers would love is a lockdown corner.

Bryan Bulaga, TJ Lang, Corey Linlsey, Josh Sitton. One of the best groups from RT to LG in football and a young improving LT. Colts offensive line is no where near the Packers.

I also would not call Lacy an elite back.

So by default the Colts are better? The Colts are not even close to as good as New England

Is that what he said? No, it's not, not even close.

New England is likely not even close to as good as last year's New England. So I see no reason why a, on paper, vastly improved Colts team couldn't compete with them.

But jskinnz's simple and factual point is that nothing has been proven either way as of yet. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Is that what he said? No, it's not, not even close.

New England is likely not even close to as good as last year's New England. So I see no reason why a, on paper, vastly improved Colts team couldn't compete with them.

But jskinz's simple and factual point is that nothing has been proven either way as of yet. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

First of all to say the Colts are vastly improved in laughable. And to assume NE is going to be significantly worse is a joke.

First of all to say the Colts are vastly improved in laughable. And to assume NE is going to be significantly worse is a joke.

Hence, on paper. On paper, the Colts are improved. On paper, the Pats are a lesser team. Either way, the point stands. Nothing is set in stone yet.

And to assume a team that just won the Super Bowl and lost quite a few key players will be worse is not exactly an earth shattering assumption.

Hence, on paper. On paper, the Colts are improved. On paper, the Pats are a lesser team. Either way, the point stands. Nothing is set in stone yet.

And to assume a team that just won the Super Bowl and lost quite a few key players will be worse is not exactly an earth shattering assumption.

On paper the Colts are older, not better

So by default the Colts are better? The Colts are not even close to as good as New England

Your responses have become predictable.

Never said the Colts were better by default.  Simply said whether the Pats are better this year has not been proven.

I do think it is clear that the Pats are not as a good and the Colts I believe got better.  Whether or not that makes them better - as stated above - is not yet known.

The Colts aren't as good as New England, Seattle, Dallas, or Green Bay

Whaaat? I hate to hear you say that....I feel like we definitely are right up there with all of them, waiting to see how this New England game goes but I have never been this excited about a season....and I get pretty excited.

Over the last 3 years the Colts have proven to not be as good as the Pats.  In 2015 that has not been proven yet.

Right. But I'm going on what history had taught us until proven otherwise. I hope this is the year the Colts make it over the NE hump.

Also arguing who is very on property is senseless because we know how resourceful and creative NE is. I'm pretty sure on paper, the idea of letting Jonas Grey be the starting RB against what was a respectable run D sounded like a terrible idea on paper....

No thanks to him lol.

The Patriots are not even the best team in NFL right now. Seattle should have won last years Super Bowl if it wasn't for all those injuries. Now the Patriots lost Revis, Browner, Wilfork etc, and Brady is out for x amount of games. Yeah, there are other teams I'm more worried. Seattle, Dallas (who destroyed us last year, they haven't lost as many pieces as the Patriots) and Green Bay are all better. That's okay, since they're NFC teams, but then again, I dont want to get humilliated in a Super Bowl.

They beat Green Bay 3 years ago and Seattle 2 years ago, hardly relevant

How is it hardly relevant , since we did beat them in head to head competition, and we haven't faced them since ??  It IS relevant, we ARE as good as them !!

The Patriots are not even the best team in NFL right now. Seattle should have won last years Super Bowl if it wasn't for all those injuries. Now the Patriots lost Revis, Browner, Wilfork etc, and Brady is out for x amount of games. Yeah, there are other teams I'm more worried. Seattle, Dallas (who destroyed us last year, they haven't lost as many pieces as the Patriots) and Green Bay are all better. That's okay, since they're NFC teams, but then again, I dont want to get humilliated in a Super Bowl.

Who cares about Dallas, Seattle and Green Bay? We don't play either of those teams this year. 

We'll see about the Patriots, but that's just one team.

Also, I don't understand why anyone would be worried about getting beat badly in the SB. You can't win if you don't get there, and that's the only way we'd play either of those three teams from the NFC anyways.

" Even if they can reach the heights this year, which they're certainly capable of doing if they play good defense, how do you sustain it?  But this year, they're as good as anybody, that's for sure."

I wish I knew the tone of how Bill said that. Was it genuine praise or sarcastic praise? I won't lie to ya. I'm still upset that Bill chose not to visit INDY with a new QB under the reins almost as if Polian is still stinging over Irsay giving him the boot after the 2011 season. I also seem to recall in 2006 the Colts had defensive weaknesses as well as 2009 under his watch as the GM. Does he take any responsibility for that? Hmmm...

Look, I appreciate what Bill did for INDY in 2006 & his credentials in Buffalo alone earned him a yellow jacket, but "they're as good as anybody" is like darning somebody with faint praise. A put down masquerading as a complement to me like a guy no longer at a company who feels slighted & 2nd guessed almost as if his contributions to the franchise are not respected & revered enough since he's not running the GM show anymore more. I have yet to hear Polian complement Grigson once for helping INDY reach the playoffs every year under a new regime revamping our team almost from the bottom up. Other than Robert Mathis, Adam V., Pat Mcafee, & maybe Anthony Castonzo not many players from the Polian era are still left. 

It just bothers me that Bill acts like INDY doesn't really matter even though the Colts success & his success ring wise are forever linked. JMO.  

Not that this is definitive of how good the Colts will be, but I was just at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas and the Colts were 7-1 odds.  The Pats are 8-1. 

The favorites are Seattle at 7-2 and Green Bay at 5-1.  The Colts were also better than the Cowboys, although I can't recall their odds.

I wouldn't take Polian's statement with a grain of salt. Partial? Maybe. He's right on the mark this time, though. I'd put this 2015 Colts team up against Green Bay, New England, Denver, Dallas, and Seattle without the least bit of hesitation whatsoever on an even scale. The improvements this organization has produced over the off-season have been the best I've seen in a long while. And, let's not forget that Indianapolis has escalated each and every year for the last three seasons playoff wise to the AFCCG in 2014.

Vegas does not randomly set Super Bowl participants and winners for the fun of it. It's serious business and bucks. So, do I see the Colts as setting a new precedent for Championships by surpassing the other elite teams in the NFL? You bet your cabooty, I do.