Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Celiscar

COLTS449

What does everybody think about him? I don't know all that much other than highlights, and reading about him on his draft profiles considering he played at Western Michigan. But from what I've seen and read I think this kid can be a really good safety. I know he's listed as a corner, but I think he'll end up playing safety from what I understand. But IMO, not only do I expect him to make the team, but I could see him as a starting safety at some point in during the year. I just wanted to see if everybody liked him too. I've see his name mentioned here and there but no discussion about only him.

What does everybody think about him? I don't know all that much other than highlights, and reading about him on his draft profiles considering he played at Western Michigan. But from what I've seen and read I think this kid can be a really good safety. I know he's listed as a corner, but I think he'll end up playing safety from what I understand. But IMO, not only do I expect him to make the team, but I could see him as a starting safety at some point in during the year. I just wanted to see if everybody liked him too. I've see his name mentioned here and there but no discussion about only him.

I thought he had really good value as a free agent. Your expectations are really high but no harm in that .

I like him

PS at best but who knows maybe he sets the camp on fire makes the 53 man if he can play CB/S and kill it on special teams.

We will carry 9 maybe 10 DB's figure Davis Toler Butler Smith Adams Geathers and most likely Lowery are locks.

He has to beat out Anderson Dewey Brown Guy Price for one of the 2 or 3 roster spots not impossible. Those players will be battling for the final spots. There should be some good competition.

We have had an UDFA for 16 years make the team

he could make the roster as the 5th corner...I say..

5 Corners: Davis, Toler, Butler, Smith, Celiscar (or Price, sending Celiscar to the PS)

4 Safety: Adams, Lowery, Geathers, Mcdonald (or Guy, Im undecided between the 2, lol)

Does anyone remember how many Safeties we carried last season on the active roster? I'm thinking it was Adams, Landry, Brown, Anderson, and Mcdonald...correct me if I'm wrong.

he could make the roster as the 5th corner...I say..

5 Corners: Davis, Toler, Butler, Smith, Celiscar (or Price, sending Celiscar to the PS)

4 Safety: Adams, Lowery, Geathers, Mcdonald (or Guy, Im undecided between the 2, lol)

Does anyone remember how many Safeties we carried last season on the active roster? I'm thinking it was Adams, Landry, Brown, Anderson, and Mcdonald...correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds about right.

Have any highlights on him?

I don't think there's any doubt he makes the roster. He's IMO most likely better than Guy and Anderson. He's supposed to be excellent in coverage.

He may indeed make the roster,  but what reason is there for any confidence that he does?    For you,  there's no doubt,  for me, there's complete doubt.

First of all,  he's 5'11" and 185.     The colts don't have safeties that size on the team.    We prefer our safeties bigger.

Heck,  Adams is 5'11" and 200 and he's considered small.

So,  if he makes it,  he does as the 5th corner.....    I think that's his path to the roster....

He may indeed make the roster, but what reason is there for any confidence that he does? For you, there's no doubt, for me, there's complete doubt.

First of all, he's 5'11" and 185. The colts don't have safeties that size on the team. We prefer our safeties bigger.

Heck, Adams is 5'11" and 200 and he's considered small.

So, if he makes it, he does as the 5th corner..... I think that's his path to the roster....

That's strange the best Safties we have had in recent memory Bob

Sanders 5'9 Bethea 5'11

Grig's boy from Philly Safety Colt Anderson is 5'10 we just spent a 3rd round pick on a 5'10 CB

If I recall you were saying the same thing about CB's more soecifically Darby because he was only 5'11 5/8's then we draft a shorter CB. That the staff seem excited about no mention of him playing in heels

I think maybe you might prefer bigger DB's but I don't see that adding up with what the staff is doing.

Grig's has said if you make the team better strap it up I have never heard him make any height requirement.

That's strange the best Safties we have had in recent memory Bob

Sanders 5'9 Bethea 5'11

Grig's boy from Philly Safety Colt Anderson is 5'10 we just spent a 3rd round pick on a 5'10 CB

If I recall you were saying the same thing about CB's more soecifically Darby because he was only 5'11 5/8's then we draft a shorter CB. That the staff seem excited about no mention of him playing in heels

I think maybe you might prefer bigger DB's but I don't see that adding up with what the staff is doing.

Grig's has said if you make the team better strap it up I have never heard him make any height requirement.

OK.....   we just have too many numbers in this post.

Darby is 5'10" and 5/8 now 5'11 and change.     So, he's not considered a tall corner by any means.

And having a 5'10 corner has nothing to do with preferring bigger safeties.    They're not related except they both play in the defensive backfield...

Bob Sanders played for the Colts how many years ago?    It ended long before Bill Polian's time.   There's a new GM which means he gets the pick of his players.    Polian preferred a smaller, faster defense.   Grigson likes a bigger, more powerful defense. 

There are exceptions to every rule....   does Colt Anderson really play much of anything besides special teams?    Only in an emergency.    But otherwise,  we try to draft and acquire players with size.

We signed on Dwight Lowery....   Off the top of my head, he's 5'11" and 209.   Different than a corner trying to convert to safety who weighs 185.

But McDonald has big size as does Guy.    Both 6'+ and 210+...

The bottom line to all of this, is going back to the post I was responding to which where the poster said Celiscar "I don't think there's any doubt that Celiscar makes the roster."...     so that poster is not only sure for himself,  he think it's a point beyond dispute for others.     I simply wondered where in the world that came from because I have no idea why he or anyone else would think that at this point in time.    Celiscar may make the roster....    but I don't see where it's a slam dunk here in mid-May....

I like Celiscar, but I do agree it's a bit early.  Qua Cox boughtt instant hype early in mini camps last year when he made a pick. But once the pads got on and things went live he was never heard from again and did not make the team(I don't even think he's in the NFL anymore as a matter of fact).  To make it so bad he had the ideal size and everything. 

It will add to Celiscars' value if he can play corner and safety, but I think the Colts will probably keep him at the corner position just like they did with Purifoy last year.  Purifoy ran an even slower time than Celiscar did, so I don't see why the Colts would see an immediate need to move Celiscar to safety.  He's probably got more chance of making the team as a 5th corner because there is less talent and numbers at that position I think.

OK..... we just have too many numbers in this post.

Darby is 5'10" and 5/8 now 5'11 and change. So, he's not considered a tall corner by any means.

And having a 5'10 corner has nothing to do with preferring bigger safeties. They're not related except they both play in the defensive backfield...

Bob Sanders played for the Colts how many years ago? It ended long before Bill Polian's time. There's a new GM which means he gets the pick of his players. Polian preferred a smaller, faster defense. Grigson likes a bigger, more powerful defense.

There are exceptions to every rule.... does Colt Anderson really play much of anything besides special teams? Only in an emergency. But otherwise, we try to draft and acquire players with size.

We signed on Dwight Lowery.... Off the top of my head, he's 5'11" and 209. Different than a corner trying to convert to safety who weighs 185.

But McDonald has big size as does Guy. Both 6'+ and 210+...

The bottom line to all of this, is going back to the post I was responding to which where the poster said Celiscar "I don't think there's any doubt that Celiscar makes the roster."... so that poster is not only sure for himself, he think it's a point beyond dispute for others. I simply wondered where in the world that came from because I have no idea why he or anyone else would think that at this point in time. Celiscar may make the roster.... but I don't see where it's a slam dunk here in mid-May....

I certainly don't think its a slam dunk I am just saying if he doesn't make it that it won't be because of your 6'0 height requirement even Purifoy who we kept last year at CB was 5'11. Colt Anderson a S who's Grig's boy from Philly again 5'10".

It will depend on if the coaches think he can help the team win. If he had to be over 6'0 why even waste the time bringing him in?

There were a lot of S that went UD Drummond Prewitt the kid from the Cuse Eskridge all over 6 feet tall. We bring in Celiscar.it doesn't seem to me the magic mark of 6'0 matters

I certainly don't think its a slam dunk I am just saying if he doesn't make it that it won't be because of your 6'0 height requirement even Purifoy who we kept last year at CB was 5'11. Colt Anderson a S who's Grig's boy from Philly again 5'10".

It will depend on if the coaches think he can help the team win. If he had to be over 6'0 why even waste the time bringing him in?

There were a lot of S that went UD Drummond Prewitt the kid from the Cuse Eskridge all over 6 feet tall. We bring in Celiscar.it doesn't seem to me the magic mark of 6'0 matters

OK.....

We are missing each other -- and very badly.     So, I'll try again.

The person more hung up on the 6'0" issue is you,  not me.    In fact,  I haven't even used the 6' reference in this thread.

When I said the Celliscar is too small,  I said 5'11 and 185.    The part that is too small is the 185 part,  and not the 5'11" part.

Guys like Sanchez were 5'11" and I've never said that's a problem for the Colts.   Why would I?

Davis is 5'11",  Butler is 5'10"  and now Smith is 5'10".....

But we prefer size when we can find it.    And especially at Safety.

As I noted with Anderson,  he is mostly a ST's guy where being 5'10" doesn't matter.

Taller guys can carry more weight.    Bethea was as small as the new Grigson/Pagano group would like and Bethea was 5'11" and roughly 190+...    but he had proven himself when they arrived.    But the front office clearly prefer guys with size when they can get them.

They had their choice of most safeties and they selected Geathers who is 6'1" and roughly 208-218.   I can't tell if the Colts listing is a typo.    He was 218 at the combine, we now show him at 208.

Lowery is 209.     We want some size.    Celiscar at 5'11" and 183 is built for corner.    If he makes it,  it appears that's where he'd be the best fit.

Though he did get high praise, that highlight reel was underwhelming.  He played weak competition at W.M. and they looked so slow and the passes were mostly way off and into his hands a yard away from the receivers.  In the All Star game he had one decent play and another where he and the receiver were roughly flat footed standing when the ball arrived.  I expected 10-20 highlight plays to be wowed by... surely that's not REALLY his career highlight film is it? 

I think there is far too much hype on him... He is an UDFA for a reason. Let's not get carried away. More than likely a PS player.

ding ding ding.  I do think he has a fair shot at making the roster though considering the vacant 5th CB slot.

ding ding ding.  I do think he has a fair shot at making the roster though considering the vacant 5th CB slot.

Davis, Toler, Butler and Smith are for sure your 1 through 4 on the depth chart yeah, but I think you have to give the edge to Sheldon Price at this point for the 5th spot. A year longer in the system and last year he was one of the ones that everyone was ranting and raving about......

I also think we went from no one at safety other than McDonald and Adams to quite a few options now in McDonald, Adams, Lowery, Guy and Geathers. I don't really think that being a potential player at both positions will really help Celiscar that much if he isn't as good at CB as Price.

Though he did get high praise, that highlight reel was underwhelming.  He played weak competition at W.M. and they looked so slow and the passes were mostly way off and into his hands a yard away from the receivers.  In the All Star game he had one decent play and another where he and the receiver were roughly flat footed standing when the ball arrived.  I expected 10-20 highlight plays to be wowed by... surely that's not REALLY his career highlight film is it? 

All I can say, if you want to see some wow, watch Western Michigan vs Michigan State.  He's plays zone, he plays man, he has some hard hits, he plays the ball extremely well in the air he plays and plays double/triple moves as well as any college CB I have ever watched(and better than a lot of pros).  

I don't see him being a safety because he is not a good tackler, he goes for the big hit and misses more than not.  Additionally, his top speed is on the lower end of what is acceptable for an NFL CB.

I think it will take him a year on the PS to get used to the speed of the game, after that I think he will make quite a career for himself as a nickleback.  He's quick and agile enough to cover to smaller, quicker receivers like Welker and Edelman and yet's he's strong enough to cover TEs or jam bigger WRs at the line.