Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you read all 249 pages of the report this afternoon? Dang man, you're a quick reader.  :D

I based what I said on the language I've seen. 

And I'm sorry if you don't approve, but I don't look to the NFL (and the massively corrupt, generally speaking, world of pro sports) for "integrity." That's a bit over-the-top for me, personally. I enjoy watching it but I don't allow myself to be naive about it. 

I didn't say I read it.  You stated you haven't looked at any of it yet and I have, and immediately started to see that there was actual evidence and not just conjecture.  

So apologies I took what you said literal.

Why then be a fan of this game if you think there isn't any integrity to it?  If everything is rigged and just a show what exactly is the point of following?  Might as well watch a movie no? If you call that naive... well I guess I'm naive.

If what's leaking out about the text messages found in the investigation , I don't think the last line you have there would be accurate. But maybe that info is tainted as was much of the other leaked stuff in this incident.

I did hear a few of those read on the radio... Brady is obviously not a very popular individual with the equipment guys huh? Dang!

I think my dog might of torn up my couch...... he has shreds of the couch all around him and is laying by it, but I didn't actually see him do it..... Damn I don't think I have enough evidence to punish him  :(.

Maybe you call in an independent party to do a 4 month investigation to determine what happened...

I agree. No $ fines here. Heads need to roll. Heavy suspensions and draft picks.

No I think there should be significant $ fines, suspensions, and loss of draft picks. Make an example of them so no one else will do it. Teams will learn if the league will do it to the Pats they sure would do it to everyone else.

Yes, the text messages are the most damning ... btw, they are really funny too. Apparently both guys don't like Tom too much. Ha.

What's funny about it that nobody , not even the most dumbo like Pat fan actually believed Brady when he did that pressor. To be honest that's what really confused me when all the info came out that made it appear that nothing was done . Like the "only one ball deflated" thing and the rest that followed. I kept saying "dam this is confusing ... I saw Brady lying through his teeth but it looks like he's innocent ?" Maybe this guys thought Giselle should have thanked them ? 

The more I think about this , it is pretty funny. You win a game 91 to minus 2 and only thje Pats could find a way to put an asterisk on it.

'More probably than not'?   lol   good luck with that.

This crap report guarantees at least 5 more years of Brady.  no doubt brady will try to get that ring #5.

He can get 10, it DON'T MATTER. His legacy is tainted titles, CHEATER and Liar.

That's it, it's Done.

Are you joking? Haven't you defended your QB Rivers to the moon and back and his foul language/gesture toward Colts fans?

Classlessness and cheating are not synonymous.

I get what Patriots fans are wanting to say here. The report didn't flat out say Brady/the ball boys/aliens did it but it essentially went like this:

Let's say you are trying to prove there is a fire in a room. Ted Wells is giving you the following hints that there might be one by saying the following:

-There is a strong amount of heat coming from this room.

-There is the sound of crackling wood coming from this room.

-There is smoke coming from under the door of this room.

Now, a Patriots fans would try and tell you that there is no proof that there is an actual fire in that room but everyone else will tell you what's really in that room.

Are you joking? Haven't you defended your QB Rivers to the moon and back and his foul language/gesture toward Colts fans?

Actually, what she said is she doesn't think Rivers used foul language or an inappropriate gesture at all.

And whether or not, that's a world of difference from cheating.

What's funny about it that nobody , not even the most dumbo like Pat fan actually believed Brady when he did that pressor. To be honest that's what really confused me when all the info came out that made it appear that nothing was done . Like the "only one ball deflated" thing and the rest that followed. I kept saying "dam this is confusing ... I saw Brady lying through his teeth but it looks like he's innocent ?" Maybe this guys thought Giselle should have thanked them ? 

The more I think about this , it is pretty funny. You win a game 91 to minus 2 and only thje Pats could find a way to put an asterisk on it.

Yes his presser was awful. Not sure why the Pats PR put him up there to begin with and for that long as well.

You really think this puts an asterix? Ball deflation? I guess in some people's minds because of the hate ... but I think the Hawks having multiple guys suspended for PEDs and running illegal practices was worse but that is just me ... lots of gamesmanship and in the end this is a game day operations violation that is supposed to be a $25k fine ...

C'mon! Nobody is arguing that the Pats aren't an incredibly talented organization. And, nobody is saying everyone on the team is a demon. But, cheaters suck!

Agreed. I feel bad for Patriots fans though, that this had to go down in the first place. Then again, I'm partial :)

I did hear a few of those read on the radio... Brady is obviously not a very popular individual with the equipment guys huh? Dang!

I was under the impression that they are a little more incriminating than that. Shall we agree to revisit this in a week or so ? Unless I'm reading your post wrong . You're saying there's nothing there but evidence that they don't like Brady ? Correct ?

Actually, what she said is she doesn't think Rivers used foul language or an inappropriate gesture at all.

And whether or not, that's a world of difference from cheating.

Ok, then was the outrage from her over the Browns texting or the Falcons air pumping noise?  I have no issue with people not liking this. I don't either. BUT to play the "integrity of the game" is at stake card irks me when there have been plenty of teams and players cheating just this past season ...

i smell pats going 16-0 again sometime this decade with brady playing QB.  

You sure have a lot of confidence then as almost nobody else sees that happening. Seems more like a wish than a possibility to me at this point. Made for a nice laugh though. Let me guess this time you guys also choke in the SB as well and fail once again to achieve a perfect season.

No I think there should be significant $ fines, suspensions, and loss of draft picks. Make an example of them so no one else will do it. Teams will learn if the league will do it to the Pats they sure would do it to everyone else.

Yes your right. Heavy fines, like atleast $1 mil, preferably 2 mil.

Hurt Kraft in the wallet(if that's possible, LoL).

Yes and it makes the infraction even worse in my eyes , time for the Comisch to grows some kahunas and do something . Oh but him and Kraft are buds , so guess what nothing of consequence will happen !

No I'm sure there will be punishment. How severe of course has yet to be seen.

I have a great deal of knowledge about sarcasm.  I got a 2 year degree in just under a decade at my local community college.

I take it thats a no ..

Sounds like a long time to ride a short bus but good for you I'm a big fan of higher education & IMO Clown College is awesome .

Yes his presser was awful. Not sure why the Pats PR put him up there to begin with and for that long as well.

You really think this puts an asterix? Ball deflation? I guess in some people's minds because of the hate ... but I think the Hawks having multiple guys suspended for PEDs and running illegal practices was worse but that is just me ... lots of gamesmanship and in the end this is a game day operations violation that is supposed to be a $25k fine ...

You think guys getting punished for attempting to cheat is worse (on a dated PED policy btw) than a QB cheating and lie to the media?  Lol that makes sense.

OMG WE HATE THE PATRIOTS we are so jealous that Brady can't handle properly inflated balls.  That make you feel better?  Hope so.

Ignore all you want but deflated ball changes plenty of aspects of the game.  Potential fumbles/throws/snaps.  I'm going to laugh ridiculously if Brady doesn't get punished and his first snap of the season he fumbles it.  poetic justice will be served.

Wonder what is in the water sometimes....words just can't describe

Sure but not a hypocrite ...

Let me try to explain in simple, easy to understand terms...

EVEN if Rivers was cursing (which every person in his life will tell you he NEVER does, EVER) and EVEN if Rivers flipped the bird to the fans which there are no photos of and is entirely, completely out of character for him in every single area of his life over a dozen years as a player... 

It is not a violation of the rule book.  

It doesn't change the outcome of a game.

It isn't cheating.

If he really did what he was thought to have done I would have condemned it.  As it was, at the time I condemned his actions as immature and unnecessary. Still say so today.  He brought trouble to himself by not constraining his emotions.  He no longer does so.  Over the course of time his CHARACTER (you may not know this word as you're a Brady fan) has proven to be outstanding.  Even those he plays against will tell you he doesn't curse.

Which brings us full circle back to your deflecting from Brady's cheating.   

Edited by Nadine

Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis would agree with you, but the league didn't see it that way for them

Sean Payton was the HC. He knew his staff and I'm sure he knew about his DC and his pools.

Who knows what type of punishment will be given?

Goodell needs to get this right, that's for sure.

My opinion is that the punishment should fit the crime, and the fact that it is Tom Brady should not matter. He should be given no more, or no less, than anyone else would in this situation, with the implications derived from the investigation.

You think guys getting punished for attempting to cheat is worse (on a dated PED policy btw) than a QB cheating and lie to the media?  Lol that makes sense.

OMG WE HATE THE PATRIOTS we are so jealous that Brady can't handle properly inflated balls.  That make you feel better?  Hope so.

Ignore all you want but deflated ball changes plenty of aspects of the game.  Potential fumbles/throws/snaps.  I'm going to laugh ridiculously if Brady doesn't get punished and his first snap of the season he fumbles it.  poetic justice will be served.

Seattle did cheat ... so did the Browns ... so did the Falcons ... and the Vikings. All this past season. I don't like any of it but it is what it is in  professional sports. Everyone tries to gain an edge ... some get away with it, some don't.

In my mind ? No. To be honest I don't like Tom Brady. It's not because the Pats always beat the Colts either. It's because he's a Jerk , sulks and he really does annoy me. I don't dislike BB or any other players . I also do very much dislike Kraft. So .. here I've qualified my aster a bit. I'm glad they caught Brady and no I don't think it really puts an asterisk on the game. But the majority of people will not be so kind. I just saw a poll a while ago that had 85% of the people thinking the win is now tainted.

Ok, then was the outrage from her over the Browns texting or the Falcons air pumping noise?  I have no issue with people not liking this. I don't either. BUT to play the "integrity of the game" is at stake card irks me when there have been plenty of teams and players cheating just this past season ...

So if you're outraged over one, you have to be outraged over all, or else your outrage is null and void? Like she said, that's a deflection, and it's weak.

Also, the Browns and Falcons didn't hold press conferences defending their innocence. Their owners didn't demand apologies from the league. Neither team was defiant about their violations. 

Agreed. I feel bad for Patriots fans though, that this had to go down in the first place. Then again, I'm partial :)

You can be that sympathetic shoulder they can cry on .  The Patriots have brought this on there selves . 

The chickens have come home to roost in New England .