Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Simmons RIPS Ryan Grigson

dudley dawson

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12742413

Starts at about the 54 and a half minute mark.  Basically he's crying about Deflategate and starts insulting Grigson (he goes on to call him both a sore loser and a (regular) loser, and criticizes the Trent trade and the Andre Johnson signing).  Simmons pretty much epitomizes why everyone hates Boston and their fans.

He is a joke right along with some other Boston, ESPN, and NFL writers and columnist. Anything to get attention no matter what. The Boston area is the only place I have read or heard anything negative about deflatagate and Grigson. Ignore these types of people and they will fade away.

He should stick to basketball where he's at least mediocre in his analysis.

This.  Stick to basketball.  He's even ruining Grantland.  The best part of Grantland is the Jalen and Jacoby podcast; the stuff with Simmons is annoying.  He's such a Boston homer; he has no objectivity.

It might be more than a coincidence that his initials are nonsense....

Bill Simmons calling someone else a loser....the irony...

Heres the difference Irsay gets in trouble away from the game and gets suspended. Pats cheat and the owner gets a dinner with the commish and a Super Bowl win. if the colts would have cheated we would have lost all draft picks and coaches suspended for 6 games and the owner would have been barred for a year

It's not an insult from Bill Simmons unless he writes a 1,500 word paragraph about it and compares the decisions to a bunch of obscure movies or pop culture career choices that the general public is largely unaware of. Also, if he doesn't use the diss as some way to promote his book (either the original version or the re-wrote version) THEN IT DOESN'T COUNT. Bill hates anyone who has ever said anything bad about Boston, despite the fact he has lived in LA for the last decade.

Clear representation of poorly disguised jealousy. He loves the Pats and he sees a change of the guard coming in the NFL because of new blood like Ryan. When your teams competition actually acts the fool...you keep your mouth shut and watch their stupidity. 

He is just a representation of some the garbage ESPN puts out now....Not that they put out all garbage...They don't...But this guy falls under that category. Almost a Skip Bayless/Steven A in one body. The reason I don't watch ESPN much unless its for info I need to know

Slightly OT, but it appears his website tries to cover sports and pop culture together. A dismal and unfortunate trend in the industry that also renders him as being less than credible, IMO.

Very true..In the words of 'The Rock'

.....you've got to know your role and shut your mouth

2 observations...

The sports media continues it's spiral into click baiting over substance,  more and more articles are based around a headline or sound byte guaranteed to rile up fans because a negative response is still better than no response right?  :thinking:

The somewhat ironic response of some posters, bemoaning Simmons for showing homer bias then showing the exactly the same sort of bias in their responses. "I don't know who this guy is, I don't care, but I'm still going to criticise him", or "I've not even clicked the link but HOW DARE SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MY COLTS". To be clear I'm not defending Simmons or his sentiments here, I agree with what Dustin and 21is in that his quality has dropped off remarkably but at least read/listen to something before you tear it apart.,

Generally Grantland still puts out some good stuff, Bill Barnwell (a Giants fan for full disclosure) does some good analysis IMO. I miss his "Thank you for not Coaching" articles and his podcast with Robert Mays is a decent enough listen. It's also quite pro Colts (mainly as Barnwell loves him some Andrew Luck). 

The somewhat ironic response of some posters, bemoaning Simmons for showing homer bias then showing the exactly the same sort of bias in their responses. "I don't know who this guy is, I don't care, but I'm still going to criticise him", or "I've not even clicked the link but HOW DARE SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MY COLTS". To be clear I'm not defending Simmons or his sentiments here, I agree with what Dustin and 21is in that his quality has dropped off remarkably but at least read/listen to something before you tear it apart.

Good work.

This is a talk radio podcast... people are really put off by it? It's probably not a good idea to listen to this stuff if it bothers you. To me it's like reading the comments on an ESPN.com story when you know it's just going to be a train wreck of humanity. 

Kravitz's editorials in the initial wake of Delflategate were far worse than this, IMO. But I don't think even that was very bothersome. Sports fans need to understand the modern media a little better.  

This is a talk radio podcast... people are really put off by it? It's probably not a good idea to listen to this stuff if it bothers you. To me it's like reading the comments on an ESPN.com story when you know it's just going to be a train wreck of humanity. 

Kravitz's editorials in the initial wake of Delflategate were far worse than this, IMO. But I don't think even that was very bothersome. Sports fans need to understand the modern media a little better.

Actually, podcasts can be very informative if you listen to the right ones.

Just out of personal interest which would you recommend?

Football Today with Matt Williamson- ex scout

Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah-ex scout

Ross Tucker Football Podcast-ex player

Around the NFL- four jarheads, but kinda entertaining

Other than that I will download sections of radio shows when the host interviews knowledgeable guests...Polian, Dilfer, Cosell, etc......

Football Today with Matt Williamson- ex scout

Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah-ex scout

Ross Tucker Football Podcast-ex player

Around the NFL- four jarheads, but kinda entertaining

Other than that I will download sections of radio shows when the host interviews knowledgeable guests...Polian, Dilfer, Cosell, etc......

I listen regularly to ATL and Move the Sticks, I've heard Tucker on other shows and do keep meaning to look his up. I also as previously mentioned listen to Grantland's which is fairly decent. Also listen to Dameshek for entertainment if not knowledge. Only prob,en I have with any of the NFL podcasts is they all now have the same producer who, if he grates on you, can get a little annoying.