Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dee Milliner

doubt it

He played injured and was thrown in to the league on a bad secondary, he often was covering teams Wr1. I'm Not saying he's going to light the league on fire but he's worth a look. Good for depth, better than Gordy in my opinion but heck maybe Gordy improves this year. Worth maybe a 5.

He played injured and was thrown in to the league on a bad secondary, he often was covering teams Wr1. I'm Not saying he's going to light the league on fire but he's worth a look. Good for depth, better than Gordy in my opinion but heck maybe Gordy improves this year. Worth maybe a 5.

still would have a better % at Claiborne been in the league longer

Rather get Claiborne

Same player different guy. Both were considered shut down corners that cost both teams a lot to get them. BOT can't cover a rock with a sheet of paper. Both are young, but I wouldn't throw a chunk at either since I doubt either will be more than a nickle corner..

Same player different guy. Both were considered shut down corners that cost both teams a lot to get them. BOT can't cover a rock with a sheet of paper. Both are young, but I wouldn't throw a chunk at either since I doubt either will be more than a nickle corner..

except Claiborne isn't in a scheme fit in Dallas he is a man corner not a zone that's a big reason why he is struggling I have no reason why Millner has sucked prolly cause he's from Alabama

I don't get the problem with Milliner. He's played hurt, and with little help around, and was supposed to be the Jets #1 corner on Day 1. Oh, and they had just gotten rid of Revis. Those are some big shoes to fill.

If he were available at a reasonable price, I'd want him. 

I don't know about you guys, but from what I've heard Milliner is really bad. Don't watch Jets games, so don't know for sure but at this point he's looking like a bust.

yeah I'd like to slide him over at safety and see if how he fairs. He is 6'0 and has been a pretty good tackler...I don't think he has worked out as a corner but I do think he has potential as a fs. I wouldn't be willing to give up much but at this point...ny likely would almost give him away.

yeah I'd like to slide him over at safety and see if how he fairs. He is 6'0 and has been a pretty good tackler...I don't think he has worked out as a corner but I do think he has potential as a fs. I wouldn't be willing to give up much but at this point...ny likely would almost give him away.

Yeah prolly haha but not many takers I would think. A lot of corners do better at safety anyway.

Yeah prolly haha but not many takers I would think. A lot of corners do better at safety anyway.

yeah me sitting on my couch knows more than all those coaches.....doh...of course!! We should have had him at fs all along...thanks for the advice lol!!

He is Todd Bowles new Dime back. Sad for Dee, but the good news is Nobody played more Dime packages on D last year than Todd Bowles.

I read that too (use of Dime packages by Bowles-led defense). I would like to see the Jets keep Milliner. It is too early to give up on the kid who can learn from Revis and Cromartie.

I don't get the problem with Milliner. He's played hurt, and with little help around, and was supposed to be the Jets #1 corner on Day 1. Oh, and they had just gotten rid of Revis. Those are some big shoes to fill.

As always, the voice of reason. Out of curiosity, would you take Claiborne for a reasonable price?

+1....

Not to mention the fact, that maybe -- just maybe -- we coach him up as we did someone like Darius Butler and Mike Adams and we turn water into wine? 

For the right (read: low) price,  I'd be fine trying for either Milliner or Clairborne.

Yup. After the Vontae Davis reclamation project, I can't see any reason to object.

Same here...with both milliner and claiborne, though I'd personally lean towards claiborne but that's only because I watched a lot more of him. I only saw 1 or 2 games of milliner

You wrote in an earlier thread that you would like the Colts to trade for Milliner. I thought it was a good idea for my team too. Maybe you were on to something.

Quote:

"Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports the Jets have received inquiries about trading Milliner from other teams, but that the Jets have told them that they aren’t willing to deal their 2013 first-round pick for a mid- or late-round draft pick at the moment.

The plan at the moment is for the new coaching staff to have a look at Milliner before deciding on next steps, although it’s not clear when he’ll be cleared to resume doing football work and could miss the offseason program. If they like what they see, Milliner could see a fair amount of time as a fourth cornerback — Todd Bowles used six defensive backs often in Arizona — and the Jets would likely prefer to see that, rather than a fifth-round pick, be the return on their investment."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/18/report-jets-have-received-trade-inquiries-on-dee-milliner/

I think keeping him and seeing how he fares in the new coach's system is a good move.

You wrote in an earlier thread that you would like the Colts to trade for Milliner. I thought it was a good idea for my team too. Maybe you were on to something.

Quote:

"Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports the Jets have received inquiries about trading Milliner from other teams, but that the Jets have told them that they aren’t willing to deal their 2013 first-round pick for a mid- or late-round draft pick at the moment.

The plan at the moment is for the new coaching staff to have a look at Milliner before deciding on next steps, although it’s not clear when he’ll be cleared to resume doing football work and could miss the offseason program. If they like what they see, Milliner could see a fair amount of time as a fourth cornerback — Todd Bowles used six defensive backs often in Arizona — and the Jets would likely prefer to see that, rather than a fifth-round pick, be the return on their investment."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/18/report-jets-have-received-trade-inquiries-on-dee-milliner/

I think keeping him and seeing how he fares in the new coach's system is a good move.

Yeah...I hadn't realized how much Bowles went to the dime package....honestly it was more wishful thinking on my part than anything in reality. I did think Millner could be had though...even if not to move to a FS but to backup Toler or maybe even replace him next year. He definately lost favor with Rex last couple years and I think had they not had a new coach he could have been had as a reformation project. As it stood I think NY would have moved him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick....hard to say now....I imagine with the cap space they have the luxury of giving him time to heal and see if he can fit into their system. That said they are very deep at corner and have some other needs on the offensive line and rb/wr still so they could definately use the picks.

I do think Claiborne could be a more likely option since Dallas has some cap issues and they have need for some picks to continue filling in that defense. Between the two I like Millner more...but Claiborne might be a more likely scenerio.

I don't know about you guys, but from what I've heard Milliner is really bad. Don't watch Jets games, so don't know for sure but at this point he's looking like a bust.

Weren't people saying that about Kareem Jackson in his first 2 to 3 years?  Now Jackson is a fairly good corner.

Not to rain on any pro-Milliner parades, but... "Milliner has undergone a total of five surgeries: a right knee scope, a repair of a sports hernia, a procedure for a right tibia stress fracture and one surgery on each shoulder." (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/23/dee-milliner-has-had-five-surgeries/) prior to the draft and has been consistently picked on by opposing QBs across the league.  He's still young, but injuries/surgeries are cumulative and he'll look like the Tin Man in a rainstorm by age 30 :gloomy:

Better to draft fresh legs that fit our scheme than give up picks for Jersey/B's sloppy 4ths IMO. 

Weren't people saying that about Kareem Jackson in his first 2 to 3 years?  Now Jackson is a fairly good corner.

True. It's why I said at this point he's looking like a bust, I definitely don't think the towel should be thrown in on him yet.

he's still young. If we can get him for a 5th... I don't see why not. I don't think he'll be the success story like vontae but he could be a decent #2 of the future. 

So's Trent Richardson, do you think he's going to be good? Dee and Trent played on the same team, both were hyped to be stand outs at their position and both have been equally disappointing. We just got rid of a Bama bust, let not even consider another one..

Why? They are stocked at CB. Why not get something for him I would think, no?

Because Todd Bowles runs more dime packages than anyone else in the league. His #4 corner is more valuable to him than most other teams would value a #4. 

That's setting aside the fact that Milliner is still really talented, has great size and athleticism, and only has two years in the league. Those are the reasons that anyone would be interested in him in the first place.

Because Todd Bowles runs more dime packages than anyone else in the league. His #4 corner is more valuable to him than most other teams would value a #4. 

That's setting aside the fact that Milliner is still really talented, has great size and athleticism, and only has two years in the league. Those are the reasons that anyone would be interested in him in the first place.

I didn't know that he runs a lot of dime. I hope the Pats stack up to run vs them.