Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andre Johnson is a Colt.

Dustin

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have to be the Andre of 10 years ago.  If he can be the Reggie Wayne of 3-4 years ago, I'd be happy.

ate up some cap room for sure so I hope that's at least where he's at.  another year on those knees and bones, but he's a fit guy.  how's come he looks so small standing next to Pagano?

Because the colts DLine is made up of solid rotational guys

Its not a bad thing to have those type of guys. Would you like to have a stud or two in there...of course.But that opportunity hasn't really presented itself to the Colts yet. The Suh to Dolphins deal seems like it was done before Free agency even started. We're trying for Knighton and Fairley but there are no guarantees. What stars were we really gonna get along the D line this off season? We still got the draft. Although besides Shelton maybe I dont know if there are really any star D linemen in this class. I definitely think we're trying to get our D line where it needs to be. It just may take longer than us fans want.

I can't imagine how Reggie feels right now...... ugh......... but it's a business ,,,, i know he (RW) won't distance himself too much from the Colts but Grigson is not going to be on his christmas card list.

I read that Andre talked to Edge and Reggie and they gave nothing but glowing endorsements of the Colts.

It would be similar to if we lost reggie 4 years ago to the pats

Agreed there... I mean it's tough, I feel bad for them, it's all about business unfortunately. Well, not entirely; since AJ took less money to come to Indy that's a cool thing, especially since it's a team that has repeatedly been his teams downfall and unable to overcome. Well, you know what is said...if you can't beat them join them!

Its not a bad thing to have those type of guys. Would you like to have a stud or two in there...of course.But that opportunity hasn't really presented itself to the Colts yet. The Suh to Dolphins deal seems like it was done before Free agency even started. We're trying for Knighton and Fairley but there are no guarantees. What stars were we really gonna get along the D line this off season? We still got the draft. Although besides Shelton maybe I dont know if there are really any star D linemen in this class. I definitely think we're trying to get our D line where it needs to be. It just may take longer than us fans want.

Gee, we signed one of the Leagues best run stuffers LAST Season. We dumped two guys who hurt us against the run.

Now we needed better ILB`er and Safety play against the run. Walden to the bench for fewer snaps will help the run D too.

I read that Andre talked to Edge and Reggie and they gave nothing but glowing endorsements of the Colts.

That's great to hear.  I hurt bad for Reggie because I know how much he wanted to finish as a Colt and wanted nothing more than to be a Colt forever ....  I think he is three years older than Andre so I sure he understands our dilema in keeping him.

Shelton and Williams...forgot about him

Texans fans must be upset, to say the least...

I just went to the Texans message boards. Nothing really to comment on other than this: I have a newfound appreciation for Nadine, her IT team, & how easy the Colts Forum is to navigate around. Enough said. 

Gee, we signed one of the Leagues best run stuffers LAST Season. We dumped two guys who hurt us against the run.

Now we needed better ILB`er and Safety play against the run. Walden to the bench for fewer snaps will help the run D too.

Yeah safety, a MLB who can cover and a NT are the 3 remaing priorities to me. We really need to find a way to get a solid safety in the draft. We got a pretty big hole there.

That's great to hear. I hurt bad for Reggie because I know how much he wanted to finish as a Colt and wanted nothing more than to be a Colt forever .... I think he is three years older than Andre so I sure he understands our dilema in keeping him.

Reggie has to know everyone in the locker room, the coaches, front office, everyone loves Reggie. And he knows that. He's been in the NFL for 15 years so he knows it's a business

Texan fan here. To be honest, it does sting a little, but I'm glad he is going somewhere with an actual QB. It sucks its in the AFC South, but I'm happy for him regardless. 

Was hoping he would finish his career here, but we all know how often that works out. Best of luck to you guys, until you play us anyway......lol

He is one of the best, and he will be missed here, that is for sure. 

You know..I was critical of us adding Andre Johnson primarily because there were two guys that I wanted over him (Brandon Marshall and Jeremy Maclin) and because I was concerned that he might become more susceptible to concussions because of the one he sustained against the Jags at the close of last year.  However, as these rumors started to heat up and I looked around at who else was left at WR in free agency, I started to warm up to this idea.  I am now onboard.  Still have some concerns but onboard and hoping for the best. 

Bill Polian said last night that usually an elite receiver who switches teams late in his career has one more great season in him.  I'm hoping that will be the case for Andre Johnson.  If it is...then we all may have to saddle up next year because these Colts will be off and running!

Now let's get cracking and add some more to that defensive line Grigs!  :D

Rick Venturi, are you serious? Andre Johnson "possibly playing like a number 2 receiver?" What a joke. Dude put up 85, 936, 3 with putrid QBs. He's going to be out possession receiver, so it doesn't matter if he's showed down a bit.

Texan fan here. To be honest, it does sting a little, but I'm glad he is going somewhere with an actual QB. It sucks its in the AFC South, but I'm happy for him regardless. 

Was hoping he would finish his career here, but we all know how often that works out. Best of luck to you guys, until you play us anyway......lol

You will still get to see him twice a year. Welcome to the forum.

Greetings from TigerTown