Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Solid moves by Colts but....

bluephantom87

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They've shown they are all in on winning now after the T-Rich trade. Need Knighton or Wilfork up front with Jones. Cole, Werner, and an old, back from injury Mathis isn't going to do anything. Also need to ink Mike Adams, who is 34, since we have nobody at safety.

I think the moves are solid and make me think the Colts are ALL in for next year considering the ages of the players signed. The Colts still need a BIG time nt maybe Knighton. :thmup:

I wouldn't count on Knighton, all signs point to Oakland for him. Currently the big Dline hits have been Nick Fairley and Greg Hardy. One of those two will more than likely be a Colt. Also with the news of the Re-U-nion, there's also the darkhorse of Wilfork being the guy in the middle. A lot of questions will be answered over the next 48 hours or so, but I would expect one of Fairley, Hardy, or Wilfork before Pot Roast.

They've shown they are all in on winning now after the T-Rich trade. Need Knighton or Wilfork up front with Jones. Cole, Werner, and an old, back from injury Mathis isn't going to do anything. Also need to ink Mike Adams, who is 34, since we have nobody at safety.

I'm glad you just know Mathis won't be doing anything. Can I have the lottery numbers for this weekend too?

I like all the reported signing the Colts will have starting at 4pm. To me, besides maybe some upgrades on the O-line, I think the offense is set. I am hoping we load up on the D now. Be that FA signings and/or the draft. If we can get an upgrade overall with our D, I will be through the roof excited going into the season.

So you've already determined that Cole, Werner and Mathis will do nothing for the pass rush?

Far from "All-In"  We would've nabbed Suh, Houston, Searcy, and Murray.  Believe it or not we probably could've done it too, with as much cap space we have.

houston was not a FA.  im glad we didnt pay more than 19 mil for suh, and i like gore over murray.   i think we are doing pretty well

We have made some solid additions so far......but sadly no difference makers. Gore and Andre Johnson: 5 years ago they would've been major difference makers, but now? They are solid veteran additions. Same goes for Cole and Herremans.

We have been a good offensive team with Luck, so I'm not too worried about our offense. Gore and Johnson will help.

What have we done to improve on defense?  Over the last 3 years no team has allowed more 40+ point games than the Colts. We need to be much better on defense, especially along the D-line. 

I know that FA hasn't even officially started yet, but based on what we've seen, I'm happy but not ecstatic. It looks like last year: we can compete with the good teams but not the best teams.

We have made some solid additions so far......but sadly no difference makers. Gore and Andre Johnson: 5 years ago they would've been major difference makers, but now? They are solid veteran additions. Same goes for Cole and Herremans.

We have been a good offensive team with Luck, so I'm not too worried about our offense. Gore and Johnson will help.

What have we done to improve on defense? Over the last 3 years no team has allowed more 40+ point games than the Colts. We need to be much better on defense, especially along the D-line.

I know that FA hasn't even officially started yet, but based on what we've seen, I'm happy but not ecstatic. It looks like last year: we can compete with the good teams but not the best teams.

I don't think we're done yet.. wait and see what falls at 4pm...

I don't think we're done yet.. wait and see what falls at 4pm...

I agree, I don't think we're done yet. We still have time and money. :)  I'm hoping for some difference makers along the D-line. Hopefully some younger difference makers.

Yeah the signings are okay. But what have we done to help stop the run?

Probably a lot more than it looks. Dlinemen are being heavily competed for this free agency, and the Colts have been rumored to be in bidding wars for all of them. We'll see what happens later today, as I would imagine at least one of them getting locked in.

Probably a lot more than it looks. Dlinemen are being heavily competed for this free agency, and the Colts have been rumored to be in bidding wars for all of them. We'll see what happens later today, as I would imagine at least one of them getting locked in.

Fairley. 

:goodluck:

Why do people want to make Knighton a NT? "Hey let's take this great pass rushing DT and move him to a position where he'll get the least amount of pass rush opportunities possible"

Can you run a 3-4 without a guy on the nose?

Is that a hybrid that anybody does effectively?

I hope I am wrong but I think at age 34 after a major injury it would be safe to assume he won't be killing it for us.

So fans here are upset about the ages of the players to come, but not Mathis at 34? Where is the logic? or just double-standard? 

Far from "All-In"  We would've nabbed Suh, Houston, Searcy, and Murray.  Believe it or not we probably could've done it too, with as much cap space we have.

So by "all in" means putting the team is cap space hades? 110 million for Suh and Murrays wants at least 8 million, no thanks.