Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reitz agrees to contract extension (Merge)

Dustin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think we're done as far as veteran O Line signing? 

I'm guessing we go for Gore and Johnson, and that's it for the O.

I'm more interested in how they're going to shore up the middle of our D. 

I'm betting you're probably right. Maybe draft a tackle but we are probably done in FA for the O-Line.

i wanna see us upgrade the defense at ALL

I think that's kinda steep too but that's just me. While we've got the cap space to do it I guess it's no big problem.

The fact that he can play so many positions justifies the price for me. I can see both sides of the argument though.

My thoughts exactly. That's a lot if you don't plan to let this guy see the field aside from injury. 

You are all jumping the gun on this. It could be something like 1.5 mill signing bonus with another 2 mill in base salary guaranteed. #rd year could be something like 4.5 mill. That would make this pretty much a 2 year deal at 2.25 per year. I think it will be something like that , which is not horrible.

It is a bit too much on the surface but the question is, how much of it is guaranteed?

It could be like the Erik Walden contract where only $4 out of his $16 mil./4 yrs was guaranteed when he was signed at the beginning of 2013.

This also means that there must have been interest in the open market for Joe Reitz's services, hands down. With A.Q.Shipley being shown the door and Reitz coming along well for the playoffs, some interested teams noticed it and a versatile swingman like him always has some interest. Otherwise, no way did I see this kind of contract coming for Reitz. He is probably the kind of guy who was going to accept it right away if the Colts matched anything another team gave, given his hometown roots. I am happy for him. Just knocking on wood hoping he stays healthy.

I remember Charlie Johnson getting a contract from the Vikes, the Colts refused to match and he left. If the best Reitz could do in the open market is $9 mil./3 years, the Colts had the room and willingness to match and obviously, the feelings were mutual.

I hope Grigson got into the office at 3am to start the day.  Any later is irresponsible.  I hope he doesn't go home till 2am and gets one hour sleep.  THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THE YEAR outside of draft week.  Now let's get moving on some signings !!!! Open the vault up and spend money like you've never spent before.  A Super Bowl could be in the wings within 2 years, unless we have a coaching fail.  We can't CREAN.  I'll bring the Doughnuts, Coffee, and Extra-Strength One-Hour Energy.

I'm sorry but I don't get this. I remember Reitz playing RT and he was just terrible, I mean just straight garbage. Maybe he's good at guard, but tackle is not his forte.

Yeah .. that was the Cleveland or Dallas game I think. Then he seemed to play better . Started all 3 playoff games at RT.. no ?