Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hoyer likely to sign with houston tomorrow

12isthenew18

Hoyer almost beat us last year in Cleveland, but I'm still not too worried about this

I saw it as the Browns' defense held our offense in check, but thanks to Hoyer, we were in the game. Luck pulled out the last minute win in typical Cardiac Colts fashion.

Yeah those 13 points were particularly menacing.

I saw it as the Browns' defense held our offense in check, but thanks to Hoyer, we were in the game. Luck pulled out the last minute win in typical Cardiac Colts fashion.

Yeah, our own offense didn't particularly help the cause.  But Hoyer nearly came away with the win

He's better than both of them.

I don't see how this is a bad plan for the Texans.

just getting out of the dis functional Cleveland franchise has to improve your game some. They do need to get some wr help now though. I think they want mallet to be the man but have hoyer behind the glass break in an emergency. I wonder if they are regretting not moving back into the first re like Minnesota did to get teddy or passing on Carr.

Cool. Should be interesting to see if he can beat out Mallett as the starter. I like the depth, should this signing actually happen

Fitzpatrick

Mallet

Hoyer

Savage

Keenum

The Texans lead the league with the most backup qbs with no starting quality qb

Fitzpatrick

Mallet

Hoyer

Savage

Keenum

The Texans lead the league with the most backup qbs with no starting quality qb

Maybe we should tank and try to get the best guy available instead. But then again, he might just be a tad bit overhyped so I hope not....

Look at what every person who has played football before universally agree about him and his potential, then get back to me.

Potential is a funny thing. It can be high as a mountain yet still amount to nothing. Especially with an injury history dating back to college. 

Potential is a funny thing. It can be high as a mountain yet still amount to nothing. Especially with an injury history dating back to college.

Potential is the only thing you can go on for any player. Injuries happen all the time too, some even career ending, so not sure why a nagging one from college (which player in question had surgery for) should be relevant.

should have drafted bridgewater last year.  then the texans would be dangerous in a year or two.  hoyer will just delay the team for another year, wasting another year of jj watt in his prime.

i dont think clowney will be anything special, its been what 3 years, and several injuries since he has looked like a dominant player.  that was in college too.

i think he will play again, but his play wont come near the hype surrounding him before he was drafted

i actually want to respect the texans so that we could have some interesting division rivalries again, but their decision making at QB has made that hard to do.

if you own the #1 pick and need a QB, then you use that pick to get your guy, if it takes a trade, then by all means trade.  the falcons would have given a nice haul of picks to move up and take JC.  it would not have been the ransom the rams got for RG3 but it would have gotten houston a few extra picks and the #6 overall to take their guy