Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Dolphins trying to trade Mike Wallace

RockThatBlue

I remember all the media "experts" and even Tomlin were talking about how Wallace can take 'the top off a defense' when he was about to become available.  All Wallace did was take the top off the Dolphin payroll.

OTOH, all of the guaranteed money has been paid. The Dolphins dead money cap hit is only 6.6 million if they cut him. But as bad as he's performed, he was still the Fins best receiver.  Unless Miami has a trick up their FA sleeve, MW will be back again for 2015.  I doubt anybody will bite on a trade with what remains on his contract for base salary, but you never know.

I remember all the media "experts" and even Tomlin were talking about how Wallace can take 'the top off a defense' when he was about to become available.  All Wallace did was take the top off the Dolphin payroll.

OTOH, all of the guaranteed money has been paid. The Dolphins dead money cap hit is only 6.6 million if they cut him. But as bad as he's performed, he was still the Fins best receiver.  Unless Miami has a trick up their FA sleeve, MW will be back again for 2015.  I doubt anybody will bite on a trade with what remains on his contract for base salary, but you never know.

Good points. They may still cut him because he has been an issue in the locker room. He has gotten into with the coaches about the way they use him and with Tanny wanting him to throw the ball to him more. I would not be surprised if they just cut bait given the small hit they will take if they can't get a trade.

As has been said, his contract is too big for anyone to take him.

Dolphins got fixated on him and gave him way too much money.

Agreed, I still can't believe the money they gave him given his previous production. So many front offices fall for the glitz and glamour of a fancy new offensive toy and overspend.

Games are won and lost in the trenches, period. Look no further than the 2 SB teams this year, one of which was a repeat and the other was in 4 conf. Championships in a row.. neither team had any big time receivers and they were the cream of the crop because they had what counts, good offensive and defensive line play, great QB play and a strong defense

Adding some nice toys to the receiving core should come after the other key areas of the team have been solidified.

Its the result of the fantasy football generation and Internet forums that drive the desire to see big name wide receivers putting up gawdy stats so that people can argue in a forum about who's the better player because of yardage, tds and all that garbage.. its about winning.

Agreed, I still can't believe the money they gave him given his previous production. So many front offices fall for the glitz and glamour of a fancy new offensive toy and overspend.

Games are won and lost in the trenches, period. Look no further than the 2 SB teams this year, one of which was a repeat and the other was in 4 conf. Championships in a row.. neither team had any big time receivers and they were the cream of the crop because they had what counts, good offensive and defensive line play, great QB play and a strong defense

Adding some nice toys to the receiving core should come after the other key areas of the team have been solidified.

Its the result of the fantasy football generation and Internet forums that drive the desire to see big name wide receivers putting up gawdy stats so that people can argue in a forum about who's the better player because of yardage, tds and all that garbage.. its about winning.

Jeff Ireland, Miami's GM at the time, knew he was on the hot seat and got desperate. GMs on shaky ground are scary.

You'd be fine going home to your wife a lose and a terrible QB?

Hmmm, to each their own I suppose lol

Thats just ignorant.  Tannehill has some weaknesses but in no way could you call him a "lose" (I assume you meant loser) and terrible QB. Honestly, I'd be willing to bet there are 10-12 teams in the league who would consider him an upgrade.

Houston

Cleveland

Tampa Bay

Tennessee

Philly

St. Louis

Chicago

Washington

Jacksonville

Buffalo

Jets

and more that are probably debatable (looking at you San Francisco)