Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Agent for Duron Carter talking with Colts

PeterBowman

2014 CFL All-Stars  duron Carter 

TORONTO – The Canadian Football league unveiled the 2014 CFL All-Stars today.

The All-Stars were selected by the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) and the league’s head coaches. This is the 52nd year in which the CFL has recognized the season’s best as All-Stars.

In total, 62 voters selected the 26 All-Stars.

duron carter   1k  yards receiving 2014  rank 3rd  top wr .

My apologies, I saw an article earlier saying he was 11th in receiving yards -- just looked at CFL's website to see he was 3rd in yards and receptions.  Regardless, it's not like he is breaking CFL records.  He is playing well there, but I still don't think CFL numbers (especially when they aren't the best in the league) are something to get too excited about.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was Nicks....and they both have the same problem. I don't want either one on the team next season.

That's understandable then.  If your in favor of wanting Nicks gone then you must agree Reggie isn't cutting it also.  Same thing with Trent and Bjoern, if you want Trent gone for lack of production you must want Werner gone for the same reason.  Both were #1 picks and both under perform.

That's understandable then.  If your in favor of wanting Nicks gone then you must agree Reggie isn't cutting it also.  Same thing with Trent and Bjoern, if you want Trent gone for lack of production you must want Werner gone for the same reason.  Both were #1 picks and both under perform.

I have been on record saying Werner can't play

Me2 but sadly there are several forum members who can't get over it.  We will certainly see once and for all next year.  I think Pagano did the right thing benching him before the AFC CG, hopefully he works his butt off all offseason.

He needs to stick a syringe in his butt

The odds are, he will not be a significant factor in the NFL

I think we should pursue him, because the risk is tiny.......

But I do believe a bit of realism is in order as well

A team that "counts" on him to be the savior of the franchise, may be in for a HUGE letdown.

I am sure no one here is in that group.... Right?

His dad picked Andrew first in the probowl draft thats a sign guys!!!!! Lol

I thought that was interesting too. If his dad thinks enough of Luck to pick him first and Chris knows how important it is to have a good QB to throw to his son, well he may put a bug in his son's ear if the contract offers are similar.

It's certainly worth a shot in the offseason.  Although besides Freeman we haven't been having a whole lot of luck out of these CFL guys.  I thought Mwamba was going to pan out pretty good, but I think K. Sheppard made more plays than him when he was here.  If we bring Carter here I'm okay with it though.

From what I also heard, Vikings is his top choice but Duron does not like the contract they offered.

Very interesting.

Same guy now says Colts are the frontrunner. Lots can change in two weeks, of course.

Is this guy really that good? This has shades of Da'Rick Rogers to me. I would rather the Colts went through the draft.

it seems everyone has forgotten....this kid flunked out of 2 different programs for his lack of academic ability....and he failed 2 drug tests in 2012and was suspended from the Alabama program...........so the 100 watt bulb may only be burning at 25 watts.......there is a reason he was playing in the CFL.....we don't just need good players.....we need SMART players, and I don't think this kid is the answer....

it seems everyone has forgotten....this kid flunked out of 2 different programs for his lack of academic ability....and he failed 2 drug tests in 2012and was suspended from the Alabama program...........so the 100 watt bulb may only be burning at 25 watts.......there is a reason he was playing in the CFL.....we don't just need good players.....we need SMART players, and I don't think this kid is the answer....

I know the kid wasn't an academic kid and didn't like school but I hadn't seen anything posted about him failing a drug test from many many other posters here. Don't suppose you have a link that talks about his failed drug tests do you? I would like to see that article

I know the kid wasn't an academic kid and didn't like school but I hadn't seen anything posted about him failing a drug test from many many other posters here. Don't suppose you have a link that talks about his failed drug tests do you? I would like to see that article

Here you go...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2336658-the-duron-carter-story-from-future-star-to-rock-bottom-and-back-again

it seems everyone has forgotten....this kid flunked out of 2 different programs for his lack of academic ability....and he failed 2 drug tests in 2012and was suspended from the Alabama program...........so the 100 watt bulb may only be burning at 25 watts.......there is a reason he was playing in the CFL.....we don't just need good players.....we need SMART players, and I don't think this kid is the answer....

Same could be said about his father. Almost played himself out of the league with his drug habit. Let's hope he turns it around like his father did.

it seems everyone has forgotten....this kid flunked out of 2 different programs for his lack of academic ability....and he failed 2 drug tests in 2012and was suspended from the Alabama program...........so the 100 watt bulb may only be burning at 25 watts.......there is a reason he was playing in the CFL.....we don't just need good players.....we need SMART players, and I don't think this kid is the answer....

Yes there are concerns about him but the article you provided also said this:

Carter departed Canada having made positive impressions on Popp and others who worked with him. Popp said Carter "definitely has matured since he has been with us" and has shown a strong work ethic, a keen understanding of the playbook, a competitive demeanor in practice and a willingness to be coached.

Carter also dispelled the assumption, borne of his itinerant college career, that he is not very smart. The Alouettes administer the Wonderlic to all of their players. Popp declined to give Carter's precise score, but he said it was higher than 39. "He has a borderline genius IQ," he said.

Yes there are concerns about him but the article you provided also said this:

Carter departed Canada having made positive impressions on Poppand others who worked with him. Popp said Carter "definitely has matured since he has been with us" and has shown a strong work ethic, a keen understanding of the playbook, a competitive demeanor in practice and a willingness to be coached.

Carter also dispelled the assumption, borne of his itinerant college career, that he is not very smart. The Alouettes administer the Wonderlic to all of their players. Popp declined to give Carter's precise score, but he said it was higher than 39. "He has a borderline genius IQ," he said.

Great Points