Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

And people thought this rivalry was dead? lol

But, this story is huge. It really is. It's going to be THE Super Bowl hype story too. Will be interesting to see what actually happens in the big game now. Hell it even makes the Seahawks look like choir boys.

Richard Sherman's rant last year not looking so bad now eh?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cool thing about this is that even if the Patriots win the Super Bowl (which they shouldn't be in) it still won't be legitimate. 

I hope Seattle destroys them, but it is hard to really root for wither team because I'm not a fan of either coach. I'm looking forward to Katy Perry... but no one can top Prince who was the best halftime show ever with Purple Rain in the rain. 

And what's crazy is that with that many picks, at least 45% of the mocks would be close to being right

And then Grigson could really take his "project players" that he seems to love so much at the RIGHT times in the draft

So, why exactly are you turning a thread about the Patriots caught cheating -- red handed -- into an opportunity to bash the Colts with most every post?      Your reason would be...........    what?

I hope Seattle destroys them, but it is hard to really root for wither team because I'm not a fan of either coach. I'm looking forward to Katy Perry... but no one can top Prince who was the best halftime show ever with Purple Rain in the rain.

that's only cause they won't let the real bands do it lol go classic let Metallica blow the roof off or go more recent and let Linkin Park tear the place down both are better then anything ever done

Yeah, uhh, I'd call that nonsense, but that would be too kind. Because what it really is is an eight letter word that describes the defecations of large, horned livestock. But we don't use that word here.

Pretty cute how BB just said we're co operating and Brady said "I won't even address it." Nasty ... nasty people. 

that's only cause they won't let the real bands do it lol go classic let Metallica blow the roof off or go more recent and let Linkin Park tear the place down both are better then anything ever done

I'm still hoping for Weird Al to get to do the halftime show. https://www.change.org/p/tracy-perlman-nfl-vice-president-have-weird-al-yankovic-headline-the-super-bowl-xlix-halftime-show

weird-al-is-the-top-selling-comedy-recor

you still need to prove the balls were tampered with before any penalties can be applied.

The chain of command for the balls is:

theyre submitted to officials for approval

the officials hold on to the approved balls until kick off

the balls are given to the ball boy at kickoff and all are held by the ball boy throughout the game

considering how many tv cameras there are theres no where to hide on a sideline.  So if the balls were deflated after the fact there must be video evidence.  And unless said evidence is found, there's no proof of tampering.

but in reality the hate orgy is in full swing so facts arent allowed...

you still need to prove the balls were tampered with before any penalties can be applied.

the balls are given to the ball boy at kickoff and all are held by the ball boy throughout the game

considering how many tv cameras there are theres no where to hide on a sideline. So if the balls were deflated after the fact there must be video evidence. And unless said evidence is found, there's no proof of tampering.

Is your head spinning yet? It should be from the amount of spin from this and your previous posts.

considering how many tv cameras there are theres no where to hide on a sideline.  So if the balls were deflated after the fact there must be video evidence.  And unless said evidence is found, there's no proof of tampering.

Troy Vincent, the league's senior executive vice president of football operations, told ProFootballTalk.com earlier Tuesday that the NFL expected to wrap up its investigation in "two or three days."

Yet to be determined is what, if any, penalties may be imposed upon Patriots. One source described the league as "disappointed ... angry ... distraught," after spending considerable time on the findings earlier Tuesday.

Part of the investigation that still needs further vetting is how the 11 footballs became underinflated. The above comments come from here. http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

For the league to be dissapointed, angry, and distraught means to me that they know something really bad happened... and now they are just going through everything with a fine tooth comb. They will find the person, or persons involved.

sorry, but these latest findings mean nothing.  Of course a ball is going to lose pressure over the course of being used in a game.

on top of that the measurements were done 48 hours after the game.  that is well beyond reasonable, especially for something like PSI

11 of 12 balls all 2 pounds under norm. LOL

And the balls were tested during the game, where do you get they were tested 48 hours later?

Listening to Steve Young on ESPN right now talking about how this really doesn't give a great advantage. WHAT THE HELL? Not the point. They cheated, again, on their way to the SB.

I just listened to Young and thought he was reasonable . He seemed to say that some QB's would really prefer an under inflated ball in that weather. Then went on to pretty much say they were * for spy gate and this one if it's proved they messed with the balls.

Edited by Nadine

I just listened to Young and thought he was reasonable . He seemed to say that some QB's would really prefer an under inflated ball in that weather. Then went on to pretty much say they were jack asssess for spy gate and this one if it's proved they messed with the balls.

I'm sure DB's would "prefer" to be able to make contact with a WR even after 5 yards, but that's not the case

Rules are rules, no matter what individual people "prefer". You can't go tampering with rules man, society would be in chaos