Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the missed 4th and 1 oppurtunity.

PeprunrunrunPunt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Cj anderson got hit behind his own like by three colts players on 4th and one, he somehow broke free and got the first down. Did anybody see chuck pagano Im almost 95% sure he threw his head set to the ground yelling Some profanity. I LOVE THAT FIRE!

I wanted to see him throw his headset. Only up in the air with happiness for our win. And in such a fason. But it's okay.

It was a truly pathetic tackle attempt. I trust Vontae Davis or Greg Toler would have been more effective than that. The gym has really done wonders for Landry's football abilities.

Oh, and how about the Broncos TD. Landry 1 on 1 with D. Thomas. LOL WAT??

If you look at the video Davis and Toler arent even paying attention to the Run and are jaw jacking with the 2 Broncos receivers until Davis realizes what is going on... To me that is pi$$ poor discipline.

I was reacting the same as Chuck. I jumped out of my chair and screamed a lot of profanity and a lot of "Landry sucks, he can't tackle" comments mixed in. 

I cannot believe three people missed that tackle, but we still won so that's all that matters. Just sharpen up on it. 

Colts got that on 4th and 1 in Cleveland from Boom

Sorry but the run that Anderson got was around a 5 yard pick up with three broken tackles. 4th and 1 don't compare. I am not unhappy with Boom but he is not the work horse Anderson is. I do wish the Colts had a RB as good as Anderson.

Sorry but the run that Anderson got was around a 5 yard pick up with three broken tackles. 4th and 1 don't compare. I am not unhappy with Boom but he is not the work horse Anderson is. I do wish the Colts had a RB as good as Anderson.

Boom is still playing if Anderson was all that & a bag of chips he would have got 2 extra inchs , Boom is definitely a work horse getting it done & a big part of why the Colts are moving on in the playoffs he has been a strong contributor & good IMO ..

Boom is still playing if Anderson was all that & a bag of chips he would have got 2 extra inchs , Boom is definitely a work horse getting it done & a big part of why the Colts are moving on in the playoffs he has been a strong contributor & good IMO ..

I guess you didn't understand my point. Boom does not have the talent level that Anderson does IMO. If you have a different opinion that's fine. I don't understand your negative view anyway.

He did indeed. Redding blew up the play and werner and landry whiffed on making the stop

Redding blew up the play but whiffed too , should have had a piece of jersey or more and made the play, don't give him a mulligan.  Redding did have a really good game along with Arthur Jones.  3 people whiffing is what caused Pagano to give the Bose headphones a stress test.  Having said all that, C.J. Anderson is a little dude with alaming moves.

So it's never about the talent of the other players?

You're paid to do one thing. Your job. If everyone else is not, you still have to do yours. True in football and real life. So no, it's not about what other players do or do not do. They will be judged. It's like the little girl YouTube video. "You worry about yo self!"

How can you possible say that?  Herron is averaging 3.4 ypc in the playoffs and goes down on first contact 90% of the time, he is obviously the RB of the future for the Colts.  ANd his 3.4 ypc is leaps and bounds ahead of the other running back that average 3.3 ypc.

You're paid to do one thing. Your job. If everyone else is not, you still have to do yours. True in football and real life. So no, it's not about what other players do or do not do. They will be judged. It's like the little girl YouTube video. "You worry about yo self!"

With that mindset the Colts should have the best talent in the NFL and every player has to be better than anyone else?

Andersons job is to run to the best of his ability too. And he did on that particular play.

As a fan it's not the type of thing I like to see from my favorite team but those type of things happen.  Landry, Werner and Redding all messed up on that play and Anderson make a heck of a play, he wanted that first down and was not going to be denied.

But it was just one play of the game.  Outside of that Play Redding played very well.  Werner, in limited snaps did a good job and Landry was his typical self, not good in man on man coverage but put in a solid game.

With that mindset the Colts should have the best talent in the NFL and every player has to be better than anyone else?

That's not even close to what I said. You just worry about doing your job. All 3 could have had him. Landry shouldn't have missed at all. It's not about being better but at this level and that play he should have had him. You're trying to put the onus on me but the fact is you started off excusing Landry for others failures.

No he wasn't.  But I tend to look at things on a game by game basis not clouded by my preconceived ideas about a player.

Off the top of my head:

Beat by Julius Thomas on the long ball

Beat by DT for a touchdown

Awful angle on Anderson's 22 yard run when ST pinned the Broncos against their own goal-line

Awful tackle "attempt" on Anderson on 4th and 1

Dude is/was/and will always be bad. And since you brought up PFF last time, he got a -1.4 for this game.

No he wasn't.  But I tend to look at things on a game by game basis not clouded by my preconceived ideas about a player.

I'm more inclined to agree somewhat with your previous comment on Landry.  He did have some moments in coverage that left me feeling a little annoyed, but he made a number of nice tackles out there except for on the 4th and 1.  He actually even had good tight coverage on Julius Thomas once squeezing him along the sideline which resulted in an incomplete pass. 

Off the top of my head:

Beat by Julius Thomas on the long ball

Beat by DT for a touchdown

Awful angle on Anderson's 22 yard run when ST pinned the Broncos against their own goal-line

Awful tackle "attempt" on Anderson on 4th and 1

Dude is/was/and will always be bad. And since you brought up PFF last time, he got a -1.4 for this game.

4 plays out of 66 is what you have.

The only reason I brought up pff is because the people in that conversation between Brown and Landry use PFF a lot.  I don't put much stock in their grades.

I'm more inclined to agree somewhat with your previous comment on Landry.  He did have some moments in coverage that left me feeling a little annoyed, but he made a number of nice tackles out there except for on the 4th and 1.  He actually even had good tight coverage on Julius Thomas once squeezing him along the sideline which resulted in an incomplete pass. 

I remember that play as well.  They tried the same play that he got burnt on earlier in the game and he played it perfectly and didn't allow it.

4 plays out of 66 is what you have.

I'm sure there were more. He is bad so it's a safe bet.

The only reason I brought up pff is because the people in that conversation between Brown and Landry use PFF a lot.  I don't put much stock in their grades.

Convenient. 

I'm sure there were more. He is bad so it's a safe bet.

Convenient. 

He's mediocre.

On the convenient comment.  If you are so inclined research past posts of my, you will not find one where I put stock in PFF.  I've actually stated in numerous threads that I have found Advanced Football Analytics scoring to be much more accurate than PFF's grades.  But believe want to you want, if Landry playing above average doesn't convince you to change your opinion about him, me telling you the truth about my posts won't make you change your mind about my posts.

He's mediocre.

You're too nice.

But believe want to you want, if Landry playing above average doesn't convince you to change your opinion about him, me telling you the truth about my posts won't make you change your mind about my posts.

Landry has never been an above average player in his career. Let alone in that game. 

Landry does what he always does head hunts he even gets a leg that's a done deal. I'd love to give Anderson credit but most NFL RB's are going to break a tackle when the guy is tackling their shoulder pads Sergio Adams heck even Colt makes that play it was like an Oklahoma drill

That's not even close to what I said. You just worry about doing your job. All 3 could have had him. Landry shouldn't have missed at all. It's not about being better but at this level and that play he should have had him. You're trying to put the onus on me but the fact is you started off excusing Landry for others failures.

But he didn't. I am not trying to put anything on you. Some players make plays while other don't it's football. To make a big deal out of is really useless. Why is always have to be failures? I guess you think the other teams players cant have good plays?

This is the first time I watched this replay.  If the corners had their heads in the game he would have been swarmed and tackled for a loss.  Wow!  I hope they got their butts reamed this week for that.  If our team has brain farts like that this week against the Pats, we will lose.  And I don't want to lose to the Pats....I honestly think we have the better team, just need to stay focused.