Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Referees for divisional round

chad72

Good for Indy or Toler PI party?

He was the ref for the Cowboys game. Thought we got some tough calls in that one...although penalties and penalty yards were about equal (Colts had one more penalty; Cowboys had 12 more penalty yards). He seems to like to call PI/DH. He was also the ref for the Seattle/Pitt SB that had a ton of controversy. He's been downgraded a couple times the last two years. Not the best ref out there, IMO. 

NFL wants Denver to win!!!!!!!!

(I must be early to the party!) ;)

But seriously I hope the game is called fair. I know Peyton running for another Super Bowl would bring in more media hype and money but come on NFL.

The NFL would prefer that the Patriots and Packers play in the SB, if everything is dictated by market and popularity. However, I am not one that believes in that.

You do sound like that Ram29Jackson guy who calls conspiracy in every set of games, regular season or postseason :).

The NFL would prefer that the Patriots and Packers play in the SB, if everything is dictated by market and popularity. However, I am not one that believes in that.

You do sound like that Ram29Jackson guy who calls conspiracy in every set of games, regular season or postseason :).

Truee but I feel that they would prefer Peyton vs Brady again for the AFC championship.

And oh gosh well that's not what I want to do! ;) I don't want to believe that but that Lions at Cowboys game was verrrryyyy interesting and there is not one person that can't say it's a little skeptical...

Truee but I feel that they would prefer Peyton vs Brady again for the AFC championship.

And oh gosh well that's not what I want to do! ;) I don't want to believe that but that Lions at Cowboys game was verrrryyyy interesting and there is not one person that can't say it's a little skeptical...

I'm not the least bit skeptical. The refs blew the call, but the league wasn't behind it

I'm not the least bit skeptical. The refs blew the call, but the league wasn't behind it

Well the head of officiating is a part of the league... And it's pretty obvious he was behind it. (If there was anything to be behind) Im just saying it's interesting.

Everyone can have their own opinion of course! :)

Well the head of officiating is a part of the league... And it's pretty obvious he was behind it. (If there was anything to be behind) Im just saying it's interesting.

Everyone can have their own opinion of course! :)

How did the head of officiating act like he was behind it? He said it should have been called. The refs blew the call, nothing more

So the Ford family doesn't have $$$$.?

They have $$$. ;)

Media plays a huge role in sports today also. Just saying.

There isn't an argument from me I don't believe that the NFL was behind the game. I'm saying the skeptics could have a case and it was very interesting.

I'll say it, "the Colts have no chance with Levey on the field". He is definitely one of the worst in the league right there with Walt Coleman and Ron Winter. How many people realize when the Colts got jobbed 8 years ago in Dallas it was Bill Levey on the field that day also? This past Sunday's debacle in Dallas with Pete Morelli. Morelli was the same ref that did the Colt-steeler playoff in January of 06 where the Colts had 9 penalties for 63 yards and the steelers had a whopping 2 for 8, the second one being an intentional delay of game. The Colts also had 4 defensive secondary penalties, three of them on 3rd down stops that handed the steelers first downs. How do these same pathetic refs keep showing up in key games?? What is the nfl trying to prove?

it's not "his" crew, i.e. the same crew in the DAL game. Just the head of the officiating crew for that game. The crews in the playoffs are a mix of the highest ranking officials per their position.

Ditto!  Since the new CBA of 2012, refs get tier grades and reassigned to new cews for the playoffs.  Top graded Refs get the most/best games.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/05/why-all-star-officiating-crews-in-playoffs/21307363/

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2015-01-06/referees-insisted-all-star-crews-playoffs

But seriously I hope the game is called fair. I know Peyton running for another Super Bowl would bring in more media hype and money but come on NFL.

The NFL doesn't care who wins...They own the game..

Imagine Andrew Luck vs. Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl..

Of the 8 teams left...there no loser matchup for TV except for Carolina

He was the ref for the Cowboys game. Thought we got some tough calls in that one...although penalties and penalty yards were about equal (Colts had one more penalty; Cowboys had 12 more penalty yards). He seems to like to call PI/DH. He was also the ref for the Seattle/Pitt SB that had a ton of controversy. He's been downgraded a couple times the last two years. Not the best ref out there, IMO. 

I'm surprised he is allowed to referee any playoff game after that fiasco.

I hope we get a fair shake as well. Didn't like the officiating in that Dallas game either.

After last year's debacle, the last team I want to watch in the Super Bowl right now is Denver (outside of New England that is). Peyton had his shot last year and blew it. Time for some new blood to step up to the plate.

I hope we get a fair shake as well. Didn't like the officiating in that Dallas game either.

After last year's debacle, the last team I want to watch in the Super Bowl right now is Denver (outside of New England that is). Peyton had his shot last year and blew it. Time for some new blood to step up to the plate.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!