Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts v. Denver - predictions

Esquire59

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts start slow, turning the ball over while digging themselves into a hole. The Colts go in at halftime, make adjustments, then retake the field with renewed resolve. The defense stiffens, the offense begins to click, and the Broncos begin feeling besieged by a trademark Colts rally.

As the game clock winds down, the Colts

move down the field confidently for the games final points, assuming the lead that assures their victory.

Colts 34

Donkeys 31

Colts win 45 to something like 21.  Vontae Davis returns an interception for a TD.  Trent Richardson rushes for 145 yards and two TDs. Andrew Luck throws TD passes to Hilton, Wayne and Nicks.  Broncos score two TDs in garbage time. 

The Colts have to start fast on offense and put pressure on Peyton.  Peyton has been just ordinary most of December - the Colts have to take advantage of that and put pressure on him.  His lollipop arm has to be exploited.  I'm not convinced that Luck's supporting cast is good enough at this level of the playoffs and being on the road.  Denver relies on the CJ Anderson and its defense to control the game

Den - 27

Colts - 23

Dont by the Peyton is ordinary story line.

Watch the last week game...its a myth..

Colts have to find a way to run the ball and eat up the clock. Keep Peyton off the field

Colts will win if the following occur: 1) Boom/Tipton combine for 100 rushing and 100 receiving, 2) No Andrew Luck pick 6, 3) the Colt D can manufacture a minimum 2 sacks., and lastly Offense catch the dang ball! Go Colts

Colts will win if the following occur: colts end up with more points than the broncos

That's it pretty simple formula :)

38-21 Denver...

Don't like the late start time. We've had a brutal habit of getting behind in these exact situations, and we're just outmatched at too many positions. I expect a similar game to early in the season where Indy gets behind early, but one where Denver never allows us to pull within 10 points. I'd LOVE to be wrong on this one...Just haven't seen enough to change my opinion.

The Colts will not win this game.  Just check the Bronco forums.  Indy doesn't stand a chance.  Denver is starting Peyton Manning as its offense and he will serve as DL, LB's and DB's on Defense.  Other players will rest when they go to NE and beat the Patriots 1,000 to 0. This time next week everyone will be saying, "Andrew Who?"  Bronco fans will be shouting "We Dey! We Dey!"  Pete Carroll will leave the country and illegally go into Canada in the middle of the night on the back of a moose as he fears a rematch with the Broncos.   The Lombardi will be sent via Fed Ex to Denver as there is no need to have the Super Bowl.    

I suspect that Indy will fly home tomorrow and Chuck will say, "We've had a good flight.  We've got other flights and we'll have to take them flight by flight.  Lots of airports and layovers and that Boeing 717 is like a bowling ball with knives..or something."  

Denver will sign Polian, Dungy, and Marvin Harrison to one day contracts and they will retire as Broncos.  Unitas will be posthumously signed and then retired.   

Seriously, I suspect a tough game and that it is too early to tell.  It depends which Colts team shows up.  If they play like they did Sunday, especially in the second half (and in the second half of the Bronco game)...they can win.  If they play a Dallas/Pittsburgh/NE game, it's over after the first half.  

The Colts will not win this game.  Just check the Bronco forums.  Indy doesn't stand a chance.  Denver is starting Peyton Manning as its offense and he will serve as DL, LB's and DB's on Defense.  Other players will rest when they go to NE and beat the Patriots 1,000 to 0. This time next week everyone will be saying, "Andrew Who?"  Bronco fans will be shouting "We Dey! We Dey!"  Pete Carroll will leave the country and illegally go into Canada in the middle of the night on the back of a moose as he fears a rematch with the Broncos.   The Lombardi will be sent via Fed Ex to Denver as there is no need to have the Super Bowl.    

I suspect that Indy will fly home tomorrow and Chuck will say, "We've had a good flight.  We've got other flights and we'll have to take them flight by flight.  Lots of airports and layovers and that Boeing 717 is like a bowling ball with knives..or something."  

Denver will sign Polian, Dungy, and Marvin Harrison to one day contracts and they will retire as Broncos.  Unitas will be posthumously signed and then retired.   

Seriously, I suspect a tough game and that it is too early to tell.  It depends which Colts team shows up.  If they play like they did Sunday, especially in the second half (and in the second half of the Bronco game)...they can win.  If they play a Dallas/Pittsburgh/NE game, it's over after the first half.  

that's pretty good prose. Thanks for the laugh. :)