Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Broncos -- The Matchup (merge)

MJD42

Weather prediction...

Weather Channel has Sunday in Denver at low 40's during the day and 19 degrees at night.  It could change as we get closer.

I think this will be a lower scoring game for what these two teams are use to...

21 to 24.

I don't see either team scoring 30 points in this game especially if the weather is bad.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a Colts fan I wouldn't feel too confident about this win.  The game wasn't a blow out and was pretty close for most the game.

26-10 at home against a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 20+ years, with a questionable QB (Andy Dalton) who can't win big games on a team missing their two best offensive weapons (AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham) and some of their defensive players leaving the game with injuries.

Now Indy has to go into Denver outdoors in the cold on the grass and stop a great running game and top quality WR's and maybe the 2nd best TE in the game.  The Colts could barely beat the Browns, in fact that game might have been won by the Browns if Josh Gordon caught that long ball.

I just look at it this way, if the Browns lost to the Colts partly due to their own mistakes with Brian Hoyer at QB, how can the Colts beat Peyton?  But, anything can happen.  I just give the Broncos a 70/30 chance of winning the game in Denver.

I am not saying we win, but right now I am not feeling we get blown out either. Our two games vs. Denver since Manning has been there have been quite competitive. We historically in many recent years have given Denver a lot of tough games as well. We had a chance to even tie the thing week 1 too.......but thats water under the bridge now.

I always felt Peyton played better in AFCCG's then divisional games too if my memory is right.

As always though the story lines will be big for this one. At the very least people will get some good photo ops.

Just glad we are not headed to NE so we don't have a full week of "You can't compete with us.......you just can't. We home. We own ya. We da best."

You are really smart for a girl and they aggravate me too.

If I was a Colts fan I wouldn't feel too confident about this win. The game wasn't a blow out and was pretty close for most the game.

26-10 at home against a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 20+ years, with a questionable QB (Andy Dalton) who can't win big games on a team missing their two best offensive weapons (AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham) and some of their defensive players leaving the game with injuries.

Now Indy has to go into Denver outdoors in the cold on the grass and stop a great running game and top quality WR's and maybe the 2nd best TE in the game. The Colts could barely beat the Browns, in fact that game might have been won by the Browns if Josh Gordon caught that long ball.

I just look at it this way, if the Browns lost to the Colts partly due to their own mistakes with Brian Hoyer at QB, how can the Colts beat Peyton? But, anything can happen. I just give the Broncos a 70/30 chance of winning the game in Denver.

I wonder which team you are a fan of..

By this logic, the Colts are automatically better than the Broncos because they beat the Bengals who beat the Broncos.

Highly flawed.

I want to make Pot Roast Knighton eat his guarantee of hoisting the Lombardi trophy.  Just by the statement alone it's already a guarantee by him and his team mates that they will be beating the Colts before we even take the field. I want us to go up there and play the best game we have witnessed in the Luck Era.  We gotta get this win!

i wonder what broncos player will be injured so that phil simms can mention it 50 times and they can show him in street clothes 20 times............

lolololol I know what was up with that, its was like everytime Indy made a play or Cincy had to punt the only thing he would talk about was Green

If I was a Colts fan I wouldn't feel too confident about this win.  The game wasn't a blow out and was pretty close for most the game.

26-10 at home against a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 20+ years, with a questionable QB (Andy Dalton) who can't win big games on a team missing their two best offensive weapons (AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham) and some of their defensive players leaving the game with injuries.

Now Indy has to go into Denver outdoors in the cold on the grass and stop a great running game and top quality WR's and maybe the 2nd best TE in the game.  The Colts could barely beat the Browns, in fact that game might have been won by the Browns if Josh Gordon caught that long ball.

I just look at it this way, if the Browns lost to the Colts partly due to their own mistakes with Brian Hoyer at QB, how can the Colts beat Peyton?  But, anything can happen.  I just give the Broncos a 70/30 chance of winning the game in Denver.

Your new to this football thing aren't you?

Talib hasn't played an entire AFC title game healthy. Harris is unproven in the big game post season too.

Revis/Browner is a better tandem.

But the Patriots overall have the best secondary in the NFL with the most depth at CB and Safety.

We get it. The patriots are awesome. Good thing this thread is about them......

Weather prediction...

Weather Channel has Sunday in Denver at low 40's during the day and 19 degrees at night.  It could change as we get closer.

I think this will be a lower scoring game for what these two teams are use to...

21 to 24.

I don't see either team scoring 30 points in this game especially if the weather is bad.

That's pretty good..low 40s and sunny...its a mid afternoon game..perfect winter weather

Should be high scoring

You mean the same mediocre Bengals that beat Denver?

yeah, the same Bengals we beat 27 - 0 in the regular season. Look it was a nice win but Colts struggled against the top teams this year and the Bengals have the worst pass rush in the league. So I'm willing to give the team credit for this win especially the Offensive Line but Denver is a different level. Colts have chances no doubt but I'm not forgetting the regular season and the Colts struggles so I'm just saying don't get too excited because of this win...

I have heard the Broncos have a well known QB. I look forward to getting to know more about him all week and his accomplishments in this league.

You sound like you'd enjoy the Manning Record Drinking Game...

It's really simple, any time you are watching a game of football and someone mentions one of Manning's records.... you take a shot.... this is especially effective during Broncos games and the pregame build up....

Really looking forward to this game. It is funny, because this is a game where PM is playing and stopping the run should be the priority. Our run defense against one of the best running teams in the league looked fantastic, it is somewhere we have really improved over the last few weeks and if they can repeat against Denver it improves our chances. D'Qwell and Freeman are going to have to be at the top of their games again.

In the passing game, Newsome could be the X-factor. He could fill the role Mathis played against the Broncos in 2013 and that we were sorely missing week 1. Again, play press coverage to disrupt PM's timing with his receiving corps. We shouldn't be afraid to blitz on occasion, as PM hasn't been as clinical facing the blitz as previous years (still good though).

Offensively, Luck needs to keep taking those check downs when his options are limited downfield. If Hilton is on Talib, let him try burn him over the top. Try and get Herron some outside runs and bring in Tipton for the hard yards to kill the clock if we end up with the lead.

Colts will have to actually cover real good WR's against the Broncos on the road since they didn't have to deal with AJ Green.

I think not have Gresham at TE hurt the Bengals more than not having Green. The Colts are still vulnerable between the hashes and Gresham could have exploited that.

Our secondary is one of the strengths of the team. Stopping the run will be the challenge

The CBs are good but the Colts are still weak between the hashes... Adams can't cover that entire area and I think Manning and Thomas and even Tamme will work at exploiting that weakness.

The Broncos aren't the same team when we played them in week 1, they're more balanced. They have been running the ball more because of the inconsistency of the o-line. Luck will put up some points, the key to the game will be CJ Anderson. If the Colts defense can contain CJ Anderson they will win. 

The Broncos aren't the same team when we played them in week 1, they're more balanced. They have been running the ball more because of the inconsistency of the o-line. Luck will put up some points, the key to the game will be CJ Anderson. If the Colts defense can contain CJ Anderson they will win. 

I agree. Contain CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman and we may make it a game. Obviously they will run it hard down our throats, because that's how we've been beaten many times. However, I feel as if we've stiffened up a bit and have contained guys a lot better than previously. It will still be difficult for us to stop the run but I'm hoping we will hold them and make it a competitive game.

I would absolutely love for Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, and Mike Adams to have amazing games back there if Peyton decides to start wheeling out the passes. Wouldn't it be awesome to see Mike Adams get an INT or two against his old team? :heh:

Peyton's arm has not looked all that good in the last number of weeks, and if the defense manages to keep the run game in check thus forcing Manning to throw this is in our favor. I hope Vontae Davis is gameplanning for the wrong guy again, and makes a big splah in Denver. Then Baltimore wins so we can host another AFC championship game.

I think not have Gresham at TE hurt the Bengals more than not having Green. The Colts are still vulnerable between the hashes and Gresham could have exploited that.

The CBs are good but the Colts are still weak between the hashes... Adams can't cover that entire area and I think Manning and Thomas and even Tamme will work at exploiting that weakness.

I agree. But outside of luck and our receivers, i think the secondary is the next strength of this team.

I think we'll have to develop the short passing game even more.  Broncos will be looking to take away the little check down to Herron. Got to develop the high percentage throws even more.

I also agree. They will be doing everything they can to put a stop to our check downs to running backs.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 6, 2015 - promotional
Hidden by Superman, January 6, 2015 - promotional

Hey if any fans are traveling to Denver and looking for a marijuana-friendly place to stay, check out the Bud and Breakfast at budandbfast.com! We've hosted Colts fans before and they were the cream of the crop. As a Baltimore native, nothing would please me more than to watch the Colts take down the Broncos. Plus I got love for Pagano, Arthur Jones, and Redding. Hoping to take down the Pats and meet you in Indianapolis!

Anyway, hopefully this isn't spam but I understand if it is. Just wanted to make y'all aware of this sweet establishment. Personal bias aside, this place is awesome: gourmet breakfast, private rooms, and an incredible atmosphere with a Denver twist.

Go Colts!

Obviously they will run it hard down our throats, because that's how we've been beaten many times. However, I feel as if we've stiffened up a bit and have contained guys a lot better than previously.

And while you were stopping Murray (and his broken hand), Romo put four TDs on you.

I think it's going to be a good game, and without a doubt the Colts have a shot, but CJ has been killing it and I think PM, with a week off to rest up from the flu and thigh injury, is going to put a lot of premature smack talkers back in their place.  

And while you were stopping Murray (and his broken hand), Romo put four TDs on you.

I think it's going to be a good game, and without a doubt the Colts have a shot, but CJ has been killing it and I think PM, with a week off to rest up from the flu and thigh injury, is going to put a lot of premature smack talkers back in their place.

Romo has the stronger arm over Peyton right now. Yup, I said it. We've beaten the Broncos last year and loss by 1 score this season. I'm hoping for a good close game. I wasn't talking smack about CJ Anderson anyway. We've done a decent job on containing guys lately. Should be a good game.

Romo has the stronger arm over Peyton right now. Yup, I said it. We've beaten the Broncos last year and loss by 1 score this season. I'm hoping for a good close game. I wasn't talking smack about CJ Anderson anyway. We've done a decent job on containing guys lately. Should be a good game.

Right now as in the last few games where Manning had the flu and for the first time ever (with the Broncos) sat out multiple practices in a row due to his thigh?

The guy has a few crappy games, with known illness/injury issues, and people are talking like he somehow just fell off a cliff and went from putting up 130+ passer ratings to ready for the old folks home overnight.  The guys old and was banged up and they didn't put the onus on him to throw 50 passes a game the last third of the season.  Makes sense to me.  I just don't think the issues/weaknesses you see harped on in this thread are real at this point.  

I agree, the Colts dont have the team to win this game.  Too many holes.  They will get there, just not this weekend.

Remember the Bengals have the worst pass rush the broncos have one of the best

I know that. That's why I said "similar".  

The Oline really showed me something yesterday even if the Bengals don't have a solid pass rush.   

Their secondary is good though and I expected some coverage sacks.