Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Not Us? [Merge]

COLTSFAN12to13

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not us: Our offensive line is garbage and may be the worst in the league overall....

Why us: We can get lucky, our defense can hopefully be consistently good, and well we have Andrew Luck.

Go Colts! We can do it.... Just need some things to go their way!!!!

Why not us?   Why can't we be the ones to shock the world?

Why not us?

Because we might have the worst o-line of any playoff team.

That means we have no running game to speak of, and a poor pass blocking group that puts Luck under tremendous pressure.

And our defense is decidedly average.   But we're suspect against playoff-caliber teams.     We blitz more than most and while that helps us some,  it also hurts us some.     We live by the blitz and we die by the blitz.

Put another way,   there are far more reasons to be skeptical of our chances of going all the way than there are reasons to be optimistic....

Outside of Vontae and Mike Adams who is on defense that worries anyone? The oline couldn't even do good against terrible pass rushing teams

Honestly, Jonathan Newsome should be worrying teams. When he gets adequate playing time, he is a very good pass rusher. Has the ability to take over a game when given the proper snaps.

What if the colts Pulled of a trip to the Superbowl...What would be your  :edit:  reaction? 90% of the people on this forum think that the Colts are ONE AND DONE BEFORE the playoffs even started. What if we win 3 straight games and reach the SB? Are the colts still soft? Are they still inconsistent? 

Honestly fans are supposed to support their team and hope for the best. Not bash the team, the players, and the coaches around like rag dolls. Smh. We have 3 straight seasons of 11 wins and 3 straight playoff appearances. APPRECIATE IT. I DONT CARE WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN. Every team is good enough to beat the top dogs.

Just sit back, STHU and watch the Colts train rolll :fb:  :blueshoe:  :number1:

An honest opinion is an honest opinion. You expect people to lie to themselves and each other as part of your quasi-religious faith based outlook toward pro sports? 

Fact; The 2014 Colts disappointed. They underachieved. This has an effect on fan confidence going forward. 

All that being said, we're facing the Bengals in round 1, and we have some solid reasons to believe we can and will win this thing. Beyond that, going to Gillette, do NOT expect fan confidence to be at an all time high. 

We're the 4th seed. 

So assuming Pitt beats Baltimore, @ Heinz, (I'd say that's a pretty valid assumption) and that we overcome the Bengals @ home.

We'd have to play NE @ Gillette. We played them this season with, home field advantage, and still got washed out 42-20. That's a pretty good reason not to have much confidence. Even if we somehow pull off a miracle, we then have to travel to Pitt or Denver, I honestly think it will be Pitt. Remember what happened last time we were there? 34-51.

It's not pessimism, it's realism. 

Complacent fans allow management to be comfortable with tier two performance.  Frankly, that is what I see with these Colts.  Even from Luck.  I blame Luck's lack of development on very poor coaching. Likewise the inability to develop any cohesive play from the offensive linemen.

LACK OF DEVELOPMENT?! this is literally the single dumbest thing i have EVER read in my life..

We're the 4th seed. 

So assuming Pitt beats Baltimore, @ Heinz, (I'd say that's a pretty valid assumption) and that we overcome the Bengals @ home.

We'd have to play NE @ Gillette. We played them this season with, home field advantage, and still got washed out 42-20. That's a pretty good reason not to have much confidence. Even if we somehow pull off a miracle, we then have to travel to Pitt or Denver, I honestly think it will be Pitt. Remember what happened last time we were there? 34-51.

That doesnt mean we are going to get blown out again...The past doesnt matter in the NFL. I know we have a bad history with the pats but remember the last two times we played them it was a one score game going into the the 4th quarter. same with PITT. Who knows? One play extra play and we could have been 13-3 or possible 14-2...

We're the 4th seed. 

Realism is the games have to be played. There is no winner yet. There are upsets every season. I have no clue if the Colts will win but to automatically say they lose is not keeping an open mind. There are a lot of factors that play into a game being won or lost. Turnovers, injuries and a couple of bad calls can make the difference. It could be down to a team or player getting hot at the right time. I seem to remember the Bronco.s had it all wrapped up last season according to those who are suppose to know football.

Complacent fans allow management to be comfortable with tier two performance.  Frankly, that is what I see with these Colts.  Even from Luck.  I blame Luck's lack of development on very poor coaching. Likewise the inability to develop any cohesive play from the offensive linemen.

Even with Luck? Do you watch Colt games? He just broke one of Mannings records with the Colts and is one of the top QBs in the league. The Colts are at the end of year three in a five year plan. If anything the Colts have over achieved the last three years under the circumstances.

We'd have to play NE @ Gillette. We played them this season with, home field advantage, and still got washed out 42-20. That's a pretty good reason not to have much confidence.

It's not impossible for them to win that game, but it might be impossible for a Pep/Chuck coached team to win that game.  If they get that far, they can't act like they are content to be in a 7-3, 14-3 game, as they did a few months ago.  They have to get a lead and turn it into a true shootout.  The only way you win that game is by playing up tempo and letting Luck sling it for 4 quarters.  You do not possess the defense or running game to win it any other way. 

It would be awesome if this team went to the super bowl but it will not happen this year.

Even with Luck? Do you watch Colt games? He just broke one of Mannings records with the Colts and is one of the top QBs in the league. The Colts are at the end of year three in a five year plan. If anything the Colts have over achieved the last three years under the circumstances.

Sounds good, but I'm not sure it's true.  If they are on track in year 3 of a 5 year plan, I would love to know what the plan is, because in every way they appear to be going in the wrong direction to me.  To me, they simply look like a bad team who has been 11-5 for three seasons for two reasons:  one, the QB, and two, a weak division.  

Sounds good, but I'm not sure it's true.  If they are on track in year 3 of a 5 year plan, I would love to know what the plan is, because in every way they appear to be going in the wrong direction to me.  To me, they simply look like a bad team who has been 11-5 for three seasons for two reasons:  one, the QB, and two, a weak division.  

Love my Colts but your words could not be more true like they say the truth hurts GO COLT 

Since when did pointing out the realities of a situation become hate?  Newsflash:  It is possible to criticize and still be a fan.  The Colts are the only team I care about in professional sports, I live and breath Colts football all year round.  That doesn't mean that I don't get frustrated with them from time to time, and it doesn't make me, or anyone else here on the board, less of a fan.

What will I say if they go to the Superbowl?  I will be cheering along with every other person who posts on this forum.  If they don't (which is far more likely), then we will look forward to next year.

I don't consider myself a hater or a blind fanatic.  I realize how hard it is to build a SB team.  I know that just having one of the best QBs in the league guarantees nothing (ask the Miami Marino fans about it). 

And I know that rash decisions and abrupt changes of direction in personnel and management rarely work (Cleveland anyone?).

But... I feel we've improved personnel at just about every position that needed it since 2012.  Maybe not to where we want to be, but I don't think it's a stretch saying that.  Yet - our play hasn't improved to the same degree.

What's the answer to that? 

What if the colts Pulled of a trip to the Superbowl...What would be your damn reaction? 90% of the people on this forum think that the Colts are ONE AND DONE BEFORE the playoffs even started. What if we win 3 straight games and reach the SB? Are the colts still soft? Are they still inconsistent?

Honestly fans are supposed to support their team and hope for the best. Not bash the team, the players, and the coaches around like rag dolls. Smh. We have 3 straight seasons of 11 wins and 3 straight playoff appearances. APPRECIATE IT. I DONT CARE WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN. Every team is good enough to beat the top dogs.

Just sit back, STHU and watch the Colts train rolll :fb::blueshoe::number1:

sorry, somehow I missed the memo that all thoughts/ beliefs had to be submitted for your approval. I'll make a note....

An honest opinion is an honest opinion. You expect people to lie to themselves and each other as part of your quasi-religious faith based outlook toward pro sports? 

Fact; The 2014 Colts disappointed. They underachieved. This has an effect on fan confidence going forward. 

All that being said, we're facing the Bengals in round 1, and we have some solid reasons to believe we can and will win this thing. Beyond that, going to Gillette, do NOT expect fan confidence to be at an all time high. 

This. . . I think the biggest fact is not so much that they underachieved. . . it's the fact that they looked absolutely horrible for about a month and only managed to pull out victories because they faced easy opposition that couldn't turn their multiple turnovers and 3 and outs into points.  

But I agree with you.  There is a group in this forum that seems to think that if you don't expect that the Colts will win every game 42 to 0 then you arn't a real fan.  And that's ridiculous.  

So what was the little record that Luck passed yesterday?  That little Peyton Manning record.  Another Madden lover that completes 35-35 passes in a fantasy world.  I got nuttin for this guy.....WOW! :spit:  rotflmao  lmao  :funny:  haha  :lol: !!!!!!!

One game at a time...

About sums it up...

We need to play out of our minds for the next four games, and get extremely lucky, as well as have our opponents choke.  If all of that happens, we'll be the next Superbowl Champs.  

The odds are not in our favor, but if we pull it off, it'll be my new favorite time in human history.

It's not rocket science. It normally takes around five years for a top tier team to build. The Colts have started from scratch. We have 4 players on the roster from the 2-14 season. Two of those players are kickers, one is on IR and the last one is facing off season surgery. Has there been another team who has started with a whole new roster, new head coach, new GM and two OCs and has went 11-5 in three seasons? None that I can think of. Some make all kinds of excuses why but the facts are the Colts have over achieved instead of under achieved. Even the great teams who have great coaches didn't start out that way. The Colts lack veteran leadership and seasoned veterans all over the roster. These teams the Colts cant seen to get wins on are all full of those types of players and coaches. We are still at least one draft and a couple of smart free agents away from reaching the top tier team level.

What if the colts Pulled of a trip to the Superbowl...What would be your :edit: reaction? 90% of the people on this forum think that the Colts are ONE AND DONE BEFORE the playoffs even started. What if we win 3 straight games and reach the SB? Are the colts still soft? Are they still inconsistent?

Just sit back, STHU and watch the Colts train rolll :fb::blueshoe::number1:

Come on man. Is this tread for real?

A "what if" thread where you rub something in someone's face without it happening yet?

Sweet Jesus the quality of members here has seen a sharp downturn in recent years...

It's not rocket science. It normally takes around five years for a top tier team to build. The Colts have started from scratch. We have 4 players on the roster from the 2-14 season. Two of those players are kickers, one is on IR and the last one is facing off season surgery. Has there been another team who has started with a whole new roster, new head coach, new GM and two OCs and has went 11-5 in three seasons? None that I can think of. Some make all kinds of excuses why but the facts are the Colts have over achieved instead of under achieved. Even the great teams who have great coaches didn't start out that way. The Colts lack veteran leadership and seasoned veterans all over the roster. These teams the Colts cant seen to get wins on are all full of those types of players and coaches. We are still at least one draft and a couple of smart free agents away from reaching the top tier team level.

Building is the key.  And that's what we're doing.  And despite all of the injuries and other challenges; we have had a good year.  I'm excited for Sunday.  

We seem to have only two types of posters

Group 1

The Colts are gonna win...... Don't say anything bad, or my feelings will be hurt!

Group 2

The Colts are going to lose..... The color of the jersey is off! ...... Oh my !

Gloom......doom !

I plant myself in group "1.5"

I love my Colts.... Hope the can make it to round 2...... Hope they pull off a miracle.

If we get to NE.... The Las Vegas odds will have the Pats by 10 or 11.

If we can pull off the magic, so be it... It HAS happened before

This is a different year.... When we were really good..... I expected the Colts to win...... I was confident

When we lost to the Jets, Pats, and Chargers, when we shouldn't have....... I was hugely disappointed

I was cross with the kids, and yelled at the dog :)

However..... This year..... In the playoffs

I am NOT confident in a win

I am NOT confident that our LBs will suddenly be able to cover a TE

I am NOT confident that our QB will start fast

I am NOT confident that our game preparation by our coaches will be accurate or sufficient

(Rah rah ..... Isn't enough)

I am NOT confident that our receivers will catch the ball when needed

I am NOT confident that Trent Richardson will average more than 2 yards a carry in the playoffs

I am NOT confident that this OL will keep Luck off the turf

Lastly..... I am NOT confident that we will be able to generate a much needed Pass rush to keep the good QBs from

Mauling us....

I have HOPE....... But I am not confident

I have faith in this team if we can continue to clean up the penalties, improve blocking, stop dropped passes, sharpen execution on both sides of the ball. Lastly if we can get back to being a high time of possesion team again. This is a time of high focus!

We seem to have only two types of posters

Group 1

The Colts are gonna win...... Don't say anything bad, or my feelings will be hurt!

Group 2

The Colts are going to lose..... The color of the jersey is off! ...... Oh my !

Gloom......doom !

I plant myself in group "1.5"

I love my Colts.... Hope the can make it to round 2...... Hope they pull off a miracle.

If we get to NE.... The Las Vegas odds will have the Pats by 10 or 11.

If we can pull off the magic, so be it... It HAS happened before

This is a different year.... When we were really good..... I expected the Colts to win...... I was confident

When we lost to the Jets, Pats, and Chargers, when we shouldn't have....... I was hugely disappointed

I was cross with the kids, and yelled at the dog :)

However..... This year..... In the playoffs

I am NOT confident in a win

I am NOT confident that our LBs will suddenly be able to cover a TE

I am NOT confident that our QB will start fast

I am NOT confident that our game preparation by our coaches will be accurate or sufficient

(Rah rah ..... Isn't enough)

I am NOT confident that our receivers will catch the ball when needed

I am NOT confident that Trent Richardson will average more than 2 yards a carry in the playoffs

I am NOT confident that this OL will keep Luck off the turf

Lastly..... I am NOT confident that we will be able to generate a much needed Pass rush to keep the good QBs from

Mauling us....

I have HOPE....... But I am not confident

You yelled at your dog??!?!?  tsk tsk tsk...  :D

I see myself in agreement with you.  I'm probably closer to a 1.6 on the scale, maybe even 1.75.....but I still want the Colts to succeed above anything else.  I'm definitely not a homer, but it is not all doom and gloom, but reality is my primary focus.  The reality is, we have a lot of issues.