Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Speculation] Welcome to Indy LeGarrette Blount?

Dustin

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes pick him up.  I read he was in trouble with the Steelers but did not see that he got released but I was thinking if he did, the Colts should snatch him.  If not I am confident Herron can do a good job.  Filling Bradshaws shoes will be extremely difficult no matter how you approach it.  I think Richardson, Blount and Herron could be a good combo though. 

i would like that better than tate. Finish the year here then find a full time guy in the off season

Yeah, Blount is better than Tate. And probably a better scheme fit as well. 

Why is Blount a better fit....better back than Tate?  I just want your opinion.  I think they both fit...so I am fine with either one.

Why is Blount a better fit....better back than Tate? I just want your opinion. I think they both fit...so I am fine with either one.

I think he's stronger, faster, and more elusive. Perfect back for our power man scheme whereas Tate has never really had success away from Kubiaks run zone scheme.

So basically we have 2 RB's that are mad cause their teams wouldn't give them very many carries and have been released.

Blount's walking off the field is worse, but he has over his career had a better YPC then Tate.  

Ugg don't much like the choices but I think Indy should pick one of them up, if not both.  With Bradshaw down for likely the season, we severely need some RB talent.

We need offensive linemen more than we need running backs. Barry Sanders

in his prime is the only guy that can make something out of nothing this

line creates.

I'm not sure I'm buying that one.  Bradshaw has been productive and I have watched plays where T-Rich has an obvious hole and doesn't take it.  

They got pushed around by the Pats, but this O-line is at least decent.  

Any way you look at both players will need to sit for few weeks to get the scheme down so use boom to check him out and see if he is going to work out if not well their is your answer, Don t do what we did with Richardson last year and throw them into the fire without knowing the playbook

If he can't play for Mike Tomlin, I question whether he can play for Chuck Pagano and the Colts.

I hear what you're saying, he could be a locker room cancer. However he was cut by Pittsburgh because he didn't get a single carry last night so he left early. Id be mad if bell got 33 carries and I sat the bench.

The guy walked off the field and out on his team.

Why would we sign him?

People make mistakes and do dumb things when you're mad/upset. He's probably getting tired of going from team to team because there is always some guy coming out of nowhere that is younger or more talented than him and he gets dropped on the depth chart. That would get very annoying. The guy just wants to play, nothing wrong with that.

People make mistakes and do dumb things when you're mad/upset. He's probably getting tired of going from team to team because there is always some guy coming out of nowhere that is younger or more talented than him and he gets dropped on the depth chart. That would get very annoying. The guy just wants to play, nothing wrong with that.

He has a LONG history of doing stupid things (see: Oregon sucker punch, arrest for smoking weed, and walking out on his team to name a few). He's also never been consistently good. Yes had some huge single game performances, but even when he was the starter in TB he sparingly produced.

In my opinion, I'd never want anyone that walked out on his team in my locker room. It shows how selfish and childish of a player he is.

You don't know who Blount is then.  This is the same guy who got into a fight his Senior year on national television and has made a reputation of himself as a "situation" to deal with.  I don't like him as a person (that he puts out and people have commented on), he does have "some" talent as a RB, but man I wish we don't pick him up.  He was a bad influence on Bell and could do the same here...