Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton v Browner

scousecolt

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great if Browner was actually going to cover TY.  It won't happen.  Maybe in the red zone where TY can't use his speed.

And what is TY's stats in the red zone and what does he do 10 to 15 yards off the line of scrimmage?  TY can be shut down in the red zone where there's not much field to cover.

TY, one dimentional...yup. Guess you haven't seen a Colts game for the last one and a half seasons.

That's true.  But I think that was then before teams really respected and feared TY.  Last season didn't the Seahawks basically play man to man single coverage on TY the whole game?  The Seahawks believed Sherman or Browner alone could cover TY.  That was their own arrogance and it bit them.

It's been almost a full season since and defensive coordinators are starting to game plan differently (if they were smart) and cover the Colts differently.

And Sherman only plays one side of the field.  The Seahawks also have a different D than the Pats.  Seahawks are a 4-3 pressure D with quick D-linemen.  Pats still use a combo 3-4 and 4-3 with different schemes in the secondary.  Seahawks will show you a consistent 4 man speed rush through out.  Pats will not.  Pats will sometimes only rush 3 D-lineman and you won't know which LB will blitz or be sent back into coverage (Rob Ninkovich INT against Peyton last week.)

Luck most likely won't get blitzed much or put under pressure.  The Pats if they were smart would keep Luck contained in the pocket and the edges sealed.  Force the Colts to run up the middle or make Luck throw into double coverage.  They will force Luck to make very risky throws.

If Defensive Coordinators are now planning against TY and have all this great film on him then why is he like the 3rd leading WR in the league? Plan all you want, execution is a completely different story. TY will break 100 yards in this Pats game. 

Woah, when did I say Wayne is washed up?  Overly sensitive Colts fan here.  I said he lost a step which is true.  Didn't Wayne even admit it himself?  He's being used as a slot receiver now isn't he?

He's been playing in the slot for 3 years. His job isn't to be a burner. If the best comeback you can come up with is "overly sensitive" save yourself the trouble of typing.

TY is a down field threat and can be shut down in the red zone where space is limited.  TY doesn't beat teams on short yardage downs.

lol @ TY being used in short yard plays.  Ok, please throw to him 5 to 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.  Feel free to.  I hope that's the game plan.

Seriously, TY will go deep and go deep often and the Pats will have to double team him.

He has 4 plays over 40 yards, 15 over 20 and 43 first downs on 56 catches. Where do you think hes getting the bulk of his targets?

Wow, these threads are crazy!

First anyone saying the colts TE >Pats TE are smoking something. Gronk alone is better than 99.99% of the league.

As for the game, teams match up well what could make the difference is a punt or kick return for a score. That killed the broncos

Hoping we take advantage of this match up. Hilton has burnt Browner in past, Browner hasn't got the legs to keep up with Hilton on crossing routes or on deep balls. I think this and possibly Moncrief on Browner too could be a big advantage to the Colts.

You won't see Browner on Hilton once in this game. They will use him on Wayne and Nicks pressing at the LOS. If Denver game is an indication he will also line up on the TE  as well as being used for 10 or 12 snaps in a LB role. Pats still play a lot of zone but not as soft as they used to play. They seem to get on top of the WR then settle in.  

All these Pats fans in here think they have it all figured out!  There secondary is so great (which is true), but have they ever thought how weak they are in the run game?  I wouldn't be surprised if this is the biggest ground n pound game we have this season, because the Pats are one of the worst teams in the league defending the run! 

I actually think Bradshaw is going to have a very good game, and play a big role in this one. T-Rich worries me a little less, but Bradshaw's physical make-up and style represents a type of runner the Patriots have struggled with a little this season. 

Plus he's a former Giant, lol...

Are you talking football IQ when saying Brady is smarter than Luck? Because I highly doubt he's smarter than Luck.

Intelligence comes from experience.

Even the most blue-hued Indy fan has to admit that Luck still makes between two and four decisions per game (give or take) that make you say, "Wha?" 

The best reflection of football intelligence for a QB is protecting the ball. Luck is an incredible player... the sky is the limit with him, and any team would be fortunate to have him, but he still has some things to learn. 

I'll say it again, by the way.

Browner will not match up with Hilton. Not exclusively anyway, by any means. Maybe here and there just to mix it up, but you guys all listen to way too much talk radio and probably play way too many video games.  ;)

I'll say it again, by the way.

Browner will not match up with Hilton. Not exclusively anyway, by any means. Maybe here and there just to mix it up, but you guys all listen to way too much talk radio and probably play way too many video games.  ;)

We know, just a few stragglers who like to post without reading previous comments. Revis more than likely on TY and Browner may be hanging around Dwayne Allen. But who knows really.

Why? Most of us have been here far, far longer than you.

He probably should have said "new Pats fans".  The ones that join up the week of a game typically are only here to troll and will disappear after the game.  The long time Pats fans should not apply in what he said. :)

I don't understand this thing now where fans think they're predicting in-game offensive/defensive match-ups. The entire "How do we stop Gronk?" thread gave me an ice cream headache. Is this like a video game, Madden kind of thing? I don't know, I'm too old for video games now, lol... 

The Patriots will not simply assign Browner and/or Revis to a single player and keep him there the entire game. Because that would mean you're playing exclusively in man, 100% of the time. New England will not do that, especially since you have a very talented but still fairly young QB who makes a few head-scratching decisions in each game. They will mix up their coverages on Luck. There are a lot of uncertainties about this game, but that's not one of them.

Do the Pats move Revis around now to cover one guy all the time like the Jets did or do they keep him on one side of the field?

Do the Pats move Revis around now to cover one guy all the time like the Jets did or do they keep him on one side of the field?

They've had him shadowing certain guys... AJ Green... Sammy Watkins... it depends on the overall corps, I think. Aside from those two guys, Cincy and Buffalo don't have anyone that will really scare you. So if you can shut those guys down, you're in good shape. 

In other cases, like with Denver (a team that, like the Colts, has multiple threats and players who can hurt you), they've mixed it up a lot. 

Part of the problem with having Revis follow a specific player is that can put other guys (Browner, whoever's playing the slot) out of position. When the Jets did it, they mostly had Cromartie on the other side, and he was pretty darn good in his own right in those seasons. You almost out-think yourself. 

The best defenses are usually pretty simple. They may have varying fronts and disguised coverages, but they're not overly complicated. There are exceptions with exotic blitz packages and whatnot, but I think the Patriots will mostly play this one straight up. McCourty has been playing a lot of single-high safety and he'll shade to whatever side Hilton lines up. 

(Watch BB change up his strategy and prove me totally wrong now, lol...  ;) )

They've had him shadowing certain guys... AJ Green... Sammy Watkins... it depends on the overall corps, I think. Aside from those two guys, Cincy and Buffalo don't have anyone that will really scare you. So if you can shut those guys down, you're in good shape. 

In other cases, like with Denver (a team that, like the Colts, has multiple threats and players who can hurt you), they've mixed it up a lot. 

Part of the problem with having Revis follow a specific player is that can put other guys (Browner, whoever's playing the slot) out of position. When the Jets did it, they mostly had Cromartie on the other side, and he was pretty darn good in his own right in those seasons. You almost out-think yourself. 

The best defenses are usually pretty simple. They may have varying fronts and disguised coverages, but they're not overly complicated. There are exceptions with exotic blitz packages and whatnot, but I think the Patriots will mostly play this one straight up. McCourty has been playing a lot of single-high safety and he'll shade to whatever side Hilton lines up. 

(Watch BB change up his strategy and prove me totally wrong now, lol...  ;) )

I think he will continue to mix and disguise.  Its how he's always limited Peyton when the Pats have beaten him.  Pats can't afford for Luck to get comfortable.  I think that one of the keys is Ninkovich who I think is the best play making LB that the Pats have.  If he can get pressure on Luck, then the trickery in the secondary has a much better chance.  Have to see which Colts OL shows up - is it the one from the 5 game winning streak or the sieve of the past two games.

Bill is the type to do this have the safety and 3rd corner double ty, revis shut reggie down and nicks vs browner is What we will have to do and tes of course

This is what I see happening early on.  BB always looks to take away what a team does well.  he's going to make the TEs and RBs beat his defense.  Luck would have to be patient but has to find Dwayne Allen and Fleener in the middle of the field.  Browner can handle Nicks but not sure he can run with Moncrief.  just not sure Pagano will trust Moncrief.  Dude lights up the Steelers and gets limited action against the Giants.

Intelligence comes from experience.

Even the most blue-hued Indy fan has to admit that Luck still makes between two and four decisions per game (give or take) that make you say, "Wha?" 

The best reflection of football intelligence for a QB is protecting the ball. Luck is an incredible player... the sky is the limit with him, and any team would be fortunate to have him, but he still has some things to learn. 

I'm not questioning Brady's football intelligence. There's no debate there. I'm just unsure of what that dude was talking about.

And post far, far more more useless garbage than me. 

I'm a Colts fan on a Colts forum. Not a Colts fan on a Pats or a Pats fan on a Colts forum trying to get under everyone's skin. 

Why are you lumping all pats fans into the same category.  Some are obvious trolls, some are not.  

ESPN ran a graphic today showing NE is one of the best teams in defending against opposing WR's.

This excludes passing to the TE and RB's.     They were talking about NE's ability to defend against TYH and Reggie among others.

Interesting aspect to watch for....     If the Pats can slow-up or contain our WR's,  can we generate enough offense throwing to our TE's and RB's.     I think we can......

our TEs can beat their LBers. thats the matchup we need to take advantage of. we also need to run the ball. patriots are 26th against the run I believe. less time brady is on the field the better

Not so sure about that, Jamie Collins is an athletic freak who can cover TEs and sometimes even receivers!

I see them mixing it up, but I would expect to see Fleener and Allen being covered by Browner, Chung and Collins for most of the game

Run the ball! Open up play action and let TY torch them deep

It won't happen.. McCOuray has excellent range and very rarely get beat deep. The Pats hadn't given up a single 40+ yard play all season before the Colts game..

They've been excellent at preventing big plays, so I don't foresee them forgetting how to play defense with 2 weeks to prepare.

Davis is not even close to the player he was in Miami. And hes not the only good player in our secondary. Butler may be the best nickleback in the league, and Toler is one of the best number 2 cbs in the nfl. Brady will of course still get his yards and tds, but it won't be as easy as you think. Our secondary is a lot better than what you give them credit for. Mike adams is rated one of the best cover safties in the nfl, and Sergio Brown has been decent too

We're very familiar with Butler and Sergio Brown. . The Pats drafted both of them.

Butler was a huge disappointment as a 2nd round pick, but the Colts plugged him into their system as a nickle and its working out, but BB and Brady will know how to exploit him if there is a favorable matchup.

Sergio was a solid special teams contributor and a rotational safety, but he was not starting caliber talent and certainly doesn't scare anyone in the Patriots.

I really liked Sergio, but he's a rotational guy, not a starter.

Listen to Everyone...Revis vs. Hilton is the only way they'll go..

Browner will cover a TE

It would be a waste of Revis' talent to shadow TY all game. TY has enough speed where you treat him like Mike Wallace or DeSean Jackson... they'll put one of their quicker guys like arrington or Denard on him when playing man to man with Mccourty over the top.

In guessing Revis will shut down Reggie Wayne, but again this is only in cases where they're playing man coverage.. they'll probably mix in a lot or zone as well 5o confuse Luck and have him make some mistakes.

If they can fool Peyton Manning into mistakes, they can certainly trick a young buck like Luck.

We're very familiar with Butler and Sergio Brown. . The Pats drafted both of them.

Butler was a huge disappointment as a 2nd round pick, but the Colts plugged him into their system as a nickle and its working out, but BB and Brady will know how to exploit him if there is a favorable matchup.

Sergio was a solid special teams contributor and a rotational safety, but he was not starting caliber talent and certainly doesn't scare anyone in the Patriots.

I really liked Sergio, but he's a rotational guy, not a starter.

Regardless of what they did in NE, they fit in well with Indy's defense and are playing quite well. No one cares if NE is scared of them or not. They can both make plays and contribute. Sergio is a starter so your last sentence is nonsense. You act like BB and Brady are Chirst and God and know everything about every player including their bathroom schedules. I know they know stuff but the fact that the Patriots lose games proves that BB and Brady aren't Omnipotent Deity's of Football.

Revis will be matched up Hilton majority of the game, per belichick. But i wouldn't want Hilton on matched up with Browner. Browner plays alot of press coverage he goes for the jugular at the LOS now if he's playing off that's a different story. Neither Browner or Revis have the speed to keep up with Hilton.

Per Bekichick? Could you link that, it's rare that BB would give anything away before a game, and by rare I mean never.

Are you talking football IQ when saying Brady is smarter than Luck? Because I highly doubt he's smarter than Luck.

Are you for real? You think Luck knows more in his 3rd year than a QB whos been playing at a hall of fame level for 16 years?

Crazy... most would concede a lot of things to Luck given his age, but wisdom is not one of those things.

This will be the toughest match up for our secondary. NE cut its teeth on Denver and proved it has the guys to shut down a top offense and top QB. We will see what our boys can do. As most have said, we need to establish the run. Denver never did that and it made them one dimensional. We have to keep this Pats D off balance.

Are you for real? You think Luck knows more in his 3rd year than a QB whos been playing at a hall of fame level for 16 years?

Crazy... most would concede a lot of things to Luck given his age, but wisdom is not one of those things.

Okay Jerod before jumping to conclusions go back and read what I said to GoPats. I asked Atlas if he was talking about football IQ....My comment was that I believe Luck is a smarter human being with a higher academic IQ that Brady, not that Luck has a higher football IQ. Just trying to start stuff by taking it out of context, and do research before you quote me.